Purex ultra packs free & clear

Purex ultra packs free & clear Reviews

Ranked #219 out of 319 in Laundry Care

December 08, 2016

I bought these pods I believe because they were on sale some time ago. I use them occasionally just for loads of laundry that contains clothing I wear to work (I work in a hospital with a no-scents policy). I generally find they clean well and I like that the amount of detergent is proportioned as they are quick to use. However I have found that lately the pods have become more tacky to the touch when I pull them out of the bag (possibly due to the heat from the dryer they are sitting on top of as I follow the directions to only touch them with dry hands). Also occasionally I will find that the pod hasn't completely dissolved and has left sticky residue on some of my clothing requiring me to put my load through a second rinse cycle (which is a waste of water but residue to tough to get off otherwise).

Updated On: December 08, 2016

If I decide to repurchase it will probably be just the standard bottle of liquid detergent of the same formula instead of the pods.

February 13, 2016

I happened upon these Purex laundry pods by accident - they were on sale at my local drug store so I picked up a bag at a great price. I'm very pleased with them! I like the pod delivery method - so quick and easy to throw in and walk away - plus a guaranteed "perfect pour" every time - neither too little nor too much laundry detergent. The smell is non-existent which is great for those of us which are sensitive to smell. The detergent does not bother mine nor my husband's sensitive skin, yet it still does a great job on the laundry - leaving everything from my socks to my sheets clean and fresh. They even do a pretty good job on stains that haven't set in yet. These are regularly priced reasonably and go on sale often. I'd buy them again!

January 15, 2016

I am someone who has to buy laundry detergent that isn't irritating to the skin. So any that have dyes and extra perfume are not ones that I can use and I find that the ones that are "gentle" are usually only offered from more expensive brands. So when I came across these from the Purex brand I was happy that I could get what I needed from a more affordable brand.