Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy Diamond Top Coat

Revlon Colorstay Gel Envy Diamond Top Coat Reviews

Ranked #397 out of 1564 in Nail Polish

March 16, 2017

I have tried a lot of top coats. Like A LOT a lot, and this is my favourite for shine and longevity. No non-gel top coat performs as well as this or keeps its shine longer. And its really affordable. I think its something like $6 a bottle, and because it's not quick dry it doesn't go goopy after you get through a third of the bottle. Keep an eye out because sometimes Revlon with bundle the top coat with a gel envy polish and you get both for the price of one.

I usually apply two coats over my colour and let it dry for a few hours. The only downside to this product is how long it takes to dry, but that's the price of long wearing polish. Quick dry polishes will also chip and flake a lot faster than regular. I find this top coat does get to the dry-to-touch stage pretty quickly, but it can still get dented for an hour or two.

Pros:
    -Very long wearing for a non-gel polish. With short nails, I get over a week or wear. When I have longer nails, I get 3-5 easily. Compared to 3 days with short nails or 1 days with long nails when I use other topcoats.
    -Keeps its shine for days!
    -Slightly thicker appearance than other non-gel top coat, so it smooths out minor imperfections, without being goopy or hard to use.
    -Quality is better than all the high end and professional conventional top coats I have tried (OPI, Essie, Formula X, Butter London, Ciate, Zoya, CND Vinylux, and China Glaze) and miles above other drug store top coats.
    -Price! Like half the price of an OPI or Essie top coat.
    -The adaptable brush. It's not too wide or two narrow and the flat edge is super easy to work with no matter your skill level.
    -Less likely to smear nail art. It's not completely immune to smearing, but this one does it less.

Cons:
    -If you are impatient, then the dry time may bug you.

March 06, 2017

Le gel envy colorstay de Revlon est pour moi le meilleur parmi plusieurs que j'ai utilisés.
    Il lisse le vernis à ongles, permet une longue durée et est à séchage rapide.
    Je l'utilise par dessus tous mes venir même ceux qui ne sont pas au gel.
    Il offre une finition brillante, de style miroir et une seule couche suffit.
    Le pinceau est large et se rend dans le coin de l'ongle sans déborder.
    Vraiment génial!

August 29, 2016

I love this gel diamond top coat. I use it on top of regular nail polish and it works great. I get long lasting wear out of regular nail polish now! Great price especially when you buy it on sale at shoppers!

April 30, 2016

I love this product it goes on effortless and leaves a smooth shiny finish on your polish. I love the soft silky brush which covers your nails in two strokes. I use this top coat on my gel polish and regular polish. This top coat makes my polish last a good 10 days. My only complaint is it has a strong smell.

April 04, 2016

really amazing product. It stays on for a couple of weeks without it chipping. Colour selection isn't that bad, wish there was more pastels. It goes on smoothly and dries pretty quick. With the diamond top coat on top it feels like an amazing high end gel. definitely recommend

2.2/5

February 23, 2015

I cannot in good faith recommend this product. I have tried it with two different Colorstay Gel Envy nail polishes but the results were the same. It came out gooey, thick, application messy. It only lasted 2 days and I use gloves too clean and do dishes. I loved the nail polish though.

January 09, 2015

Love this top coat. Love the extra shine it adds. But what I love most of all is the applicator - how come other nail polishes don't have the double brush that Revlon has put on their Colorstay Gel Envy products. After using the applicator of this product which is double the width of other polishes and curved at the base I find I can't put up with the applicators on my other polishes! I use this Top coat as a nice coat to my nails without the polish when I know I won't have time for reapplying for a few days. It gives my nails a nice shine.

January 05, 2015

Wow, le meilleur topcoat qyue j'ai essayé. Lorsque je mets du vernis sur les ongles de mes mains, il dure en temps normal 2 jours. Avec ce topcoat merveilleux, ma manicure a duré facilement 4-5 jours sans retouches! Excellent produit!!!!

October 23, 2014

The "Diamond Top Coat" is a great, thin consistency that dries shiny and quick. Only downside- the bottle is black so you won't be able to tell how much you've used.

September 12, 2014

I used the Gel Envy Diamond topcoat over my French manicure. I have a job where I'm constantly unpacking boxes and my nails get pretty beat up, but this top coat lasted longer than anything else I've tried. I don't generally like are long nail polishes as I find that they don't last, but this definitely is worth the extra cost!