3.9/5
Rocky Mountain Soap Company Breakout Buster Reviews

2.2/5

July 25, 2017

More Bust than Buster

For the most part, I really enjoy Rocky Mountain Soap Co. products! Their soaps and bath bombs have unique and pleasing fragrances that are not harsh on sensitive skin. Plus, their staff are extremely knowledgeable and are always happy to discuss self care and find a product best suited for the customer.

But this Breakout Buster...

The concept is great. It's a quick and easy skin care applicator that you can carry in your pocket and apply anytime throughout the day. It looks and feels like chapstick, but it also contains Tee Tree essential oils to fight bacteria and inflammation. It applies clear on the skin and does not have to be washed off until the end of the day.

Everything is great except for the execution.

The sales associate recommended that I apply it four times a day, but she personally only applies it once in the morning and once at night for good results. I experimented with both practices and found little to no change in my skin. I watched my acne spots throughout the day and there is no difference in the redness or size of the spots.

A couple positives is that this spot treatment does not trigger any bad skin reactions. The oils are gentle and the scent is very subtle, just like all of Rocky Mountain's products. Furthermore, I notice that the Breakout Buster definitely hydrates the spots where it is applied, but my oily skin did not really need extra moisture. Perhaps I would recommend this product for someone with try skin and acne, but that's only if.

April 17, 2017

This is my holy grail product. It minimizes the size of any blemishes I may have and I can see results as quickly as the next morning. It's $9 per stick, and it's really effective. On top of blemishes, it soothes the itchiness from mosquito bites too. I highly recommend this product.

September 27, 2016

I got it as a gift, and loved it. Works great, soothing way to take care of my zits problem. It's gentle to the skin, yet tough on the zits. It last a long time, because you only need a little bit. Has tea tree scent.

September 17, 2016

This tea tree stick works like a charm, use it at night and notice a difference just a day makes. Scent is perfect, not too strong but effective. Makes a great travel companion because it's so little.

March 10, 2016

I grabbed a tube of this while in the West Edmonton Mall branch one day, and fell in love. It is great for both breakouts and cold sores, easy to apply, great scent that makes you believe it is working as soon as you use it. As I am prone to cold sores, it's a purse staple for me.

1.7/5

February 14, 2016

I've never had a product make me break out so terribly before. I went from normal, very slight breakout to incredibly painful almost cystic acne all over my chin. Took at least a month for the breakout to go away. I like some of their other products, but man this was really awful.

August 19, 2013

I really love the Breakout Buster for the occasional blemish. It is very effective on my skin. It is also great for allergic rashes and bug bites. I like the fact that it is all natural and a soothing remedy for my children's itches. The lemony smell while strong is not unpleasant.

November 02, 2009

This 100% natural product is excellent! Soothes and heals blemishes and cold sores. Great for small eczema patches too! Lasting balm. Leaves skin soft and supple. Does not smell mediicinal.