Deep-clean and sanitize sealed hard floors--including wood, tile, linoleum, and vinyl--in one fell swoop with the Euro-Pro Shark Deluxe Steam Pocket Mop. Using just superheated tap water and patented two-sided microfiber pads, this lightweight, easy-to-use tool heats up in 30 seconds and automatically releases steam with every push-forward motion. A powerful weapon against ground-in dirt, dust, and dried spills, it also kills harmful germs including e-coli, then leaves the floor virtually dry behind it. This Shark model also offers an adjustable-height handle and 180-degree swivel steering for smooth maneuverability and comes with two cleaning pads. Additional features include an extra-large 15-ounce water tank, a long 25-foot power cord. The mop measures 7 inches by 13 inches by 51-1/2 inches and carries a one-year limited warranty.
Average Price: $120.00
Although this product works well, I found it stopped working after about eight or so uses. Before that it worked great, the price was decent., and it did a great job.
Omg best invention in the world!!!! This is my favorite cleaning mop ever works amazing!!! I have a little one who loves juice and to make messes of course! But this is a life savor honestly i know you need to plug it in but still the cord is so long and i only need to fill the tank up 2 times for a 1500f home i love this works great on hardwood floors and i recommended this to everyone i know!!! Huge money savor on cleaning products its steam so its baby friendly and no harsh smell... If your worried about it messing up your floor don't worry I've been using this for 6 months at least once every 2 days and nothing happened yet lol and the cleaning pads last a long time just wash them in the washing machine way better then buying refills!!!!
With two little ones I'm very picky about my floors. I like the concept of the steam mop since there is no harsh chemicals or cleaning agents with the kids crawling and playing on the floors.
After going through 2 other steam mops (the H2O as seen on TV and a Bissell) both of which broke down I decided to give the Shark pocket mop a try. I got in on sale at Canadian Tire for half price and the reviews I had read seemed pretty good.
We didn't like it. While the cord was nice and long (longer than the other 2 mops I'd had), the mop didn't seem to heat up very hot. With the other 2 mops you could see the steam and the floor felt hot. With the Shark it didn't. It also obviously didn't clean the floor well because they were still sticky after it was used.
I returned mine and went back to the bissell.
I purchased this steam mop as an alternative to using a Swiffer Sweeper Wet Mop, and needless to say, I am extremely impressed.
The positive aspects of this product are:
1) It uses NO harmful chemicals. I have pets and do not want them stepping into chemical cleaning products on the floor and then licking it off of their paws. I am sure anyone with children would agree on this point even more. As well, breathing in steam rather than all kinds of chemicals is better for overall health.
2) It kills bacteria with heat.
3) It is very good at cleaning - lifts of spills, stains, etc. effectively.
4) Steamed surfaces dry very quickly, as opposed to the liquid left by something like the Swiffer Sweeper mop, which takes longer to dry.
5) It is environmentally friendly AND saves you money: all you need is to do is A) add water and B) wash your mopping pads in the laundry from time to time.
6) Excellent, low (start-up) cost at Canadian Tire: $99.99 tax (includes four different types of mopping pads as shown in the picture).
The *small* issues with this product are:
1) You have to pump the handle while steaming the floor (I guess this can be a positive aspect of the product if you think of your chores as a workout!).
2) Steam takes some time to be generated. I usually plug in the mop and wait around 30 minutes before starting to clean.
3) The product packaging recommends that you sweep/vacuum loose bits/dust/etc. off of the floor before mopping and I concur with this advice. I personally don't do this: I just mop everything in a corner and pick-up any bits with spray and paper towel, but for ease of use, I would definitely suggest the recommended cleaning method.
Overall, I am in love with this product for it's environmental and health benefits and excellent level of cleaning power.
These reviews are the subjective opinions of ChickAdvisor members and not of ChickAdvisor Inc.