Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil Reviews

Ranked #35 out of 365 in Primer

March 03, 2017

Decent primer oil. A little goes a long way, and leaves skin feeling smooth. Not too greasy, smells nice, and feels light on the skin. Great for a nighttime look, when you want to look and feel glamorous. Makes my skin feel hydrated.

February 18, 2017

I love this product, its amazing for dry or dehydrated skin. It also have 15 essential oils in it which help boost your skin. I sometimes even use it at night as an overnight oil - I LOVE THIS

December 08, 2016

I received a few samples of the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil. I love using it during this time of year. It helps my combination skin stay hydrated and my foundation looks flawless even on my dry patches. A little goes a long way, only a few drops is enough for my whole face. My skin looks smooth, radiant and dewy without looking oily. One drawback is that it takes a little while to sink in, I usually get dressed while it's sinking in and when I'm done my face is ready for foundation. I didn't notice a scent to the product. Once I finish my samples, I would consider purchasing a full size.

December 05, 2016

i love love LOVE this product, i got it to try it out and it works really well makes my foundation apply easier as well, and hasn't effected my complexion when used

October 13, 2016

I have mixed feelings about this product. I took this sample to try. Off course it is not working with oily skin. But the texture is great and i assume this will be perfect for dry skin. I used it mixing a drop with foundation. But for this purpose almost any cosmetic oil can be used. So product is good, just not for my skin type.

September 12, 2016

Not a huge fan of this... I have combination skin, and this oil didn't sink into my skin very well. It left a very slippery film, and my makeup just slid right off pretty soon after applying. I wouldn't use it again. It might be better for someone with really dry skin.

March 21, 2016

I really don't think this primer oil is worth the $42 price tag! I've used it every day for 2 weeks and it's just average! I think it makes my skin shinier than normal and I much prefer a plain old drugstore primer. I'd skip this one, especially the price tag!! Not worth it in my opinion

March 09, 2016

I absolutely LOVE Smashbox primers, so it's no surprise when I tried this I loved it too.
    I paired it with my least favorite foundation, which seemed to just cover my pores and make my face look painted on, and the mixture worked wonders!

March 09, 2016

I was given this product by a friend who say the product was too oily for them. I LOVE it. I am new to primers and understanding what they are really doing and if they are really working, I followed the instructions the first time I used it and only used two drops, it worked pretty good and dried pretty fast. Then I applied my makeup. The next day I thought I would test the instructions and used about 4 drops, and regretted it immediately. It was too oily, wouldn't dry and my makeup was so itchy over it.
    In this situation, less is better

I have seen the product at Shoppers Drugmart, and I have seen the price. I'm not sure if I would purchase it again because of the price, but so far I've used it for a month and I still haven't used a quarter of the primer.

I would recommend for anyone with combination skin, and don't apply too much or you'll have bad experience.

March 09, 2016

I am an Ipsy Glam Bag subscriber and I received this in my bag last month (February). It was only a small sample size but has lasted quite a long time. I must say, I love this product!

Price - I can't comment on the price at all as I received this as a sample.

Quality and Effectiveness- Smashbox products are known for their high quality and this product is no exception. I was a bit leery of the "oil" as I have oily skin, but it did not cause any problems for me. I have four other smashbox primers and they are all wonderful but this is just amazing. My foundation glides on and stays all day and it gives me a beautiful "glowy" look when my makeup is finished! It also has a very light, but pretty smell. My suggestion with this product would be to not use too much or you could end up looking greasy, and you don't need to use a lot because a little goes a long way with this product!

I am almost done with my sample of this and will be buying the full size to add to my smashbox primer collection.