Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil Reviews

3.6/5
Ranked #46 out of 384 in Primer

June 13, 2017

Another Picture Perfect Product from Smashbox!

mashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil ~ Never thought I'd ever use a primer with oil in it ~ But this stuff is simply amazing! Made with lipid based plant extracts and essential oils ~ it leaves my skin radiantly moisturized, feels ultra light and absorbs in minutes. A tiny drop or two Morning & Night also helps reduce the appearance and texture of dry skin and fine lines. I have maturing, combination skin that tends to get shiny as the day wears on and avoid oils at all cost but this product is brilliant! A fabulous Primer that will leave you with a clean and primed base for your makeup or if you prefer go dewy and makeup free. Another instant fave from the Photo Finish Line.

2.2/5

June 09, 2017

This is definitely not worth the price. I've found other foundations that are cheaper and work better. Even when comparing this to the Photo Finisher gel primer but Smashbox, this one just isn't as good. The gel goes on much smoother and easier and this product can be difficult to use. I feel like it always leaves my face feeling oily and its just not great. I only use it when I have nothing else.

March 03, 2017

Decent primer oil. A little goes a long way, and leaves skin feeling smooth. Not too greasy, smells nice, and feels light on the skin. Great for a nighttime look, when you want to look and feel glamorous. Makes my skin feel hydrated.

February 18, 2017

I love this product, its amazing for dry or dehydrated skin. It also have 15 essential oils in it which help boost your skin. I sometimes even use it at night as an overnight oil - I LOVE THIS

December 08, 2016

I received a few samples of the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil. I love using it during this time of year. It helps my combination skin stay hydrated and my foundation looks flawless even on my dry patches. A little goes a long way, only a few drops is enough for my whole face. My skin looks smooth, radiant and dewy without looking oily. One drawback is that it takes a little while to sink in, I usually get dressed while it's sinking in and when I'm done my face is ready for foundation. I didn't notice a scent to the product. Once I finish my samples, I would consider purchasing a full size.

December 05, 2016

i love love LOVE this product, i got it to try it out and it works really well makes my foundation apply easier as well, and hasn't effected my complexion when used

2.7/5

October 13, 2016

I have mixed feelings about this product. I took this sample to try. Off course it is not working with oily skin. But the texture is great and i assume this will be perfect for dry skin. I used it mixing a drop with foundation. But for this purpose almost any cosmetic oil can be used. So product is good, just not for my skin type.

2.2/5

September 12, 2016

Not a huge fan of this... I have combination skin, and this oil didn't sink into my skin very well. It left a very slippery film, and my makeup just slid right off pretty soon after applying. I wouldn't use it again. It might be better for someone with really dry skin.

March 21, 2016

I really don't think this primer oil is worth the $42 price tag! I've used it every day for 2 weeks and it's just average! I think it makes my skin shinier than normal and I much prefer a plain old drugstore primer. I'd skip this one, especially the price tag!! Not worth it in my opinion

March 09, 2016

I absolutely LOVE Smashbox primers, so it's no surprise when I tried this I loved it too.
    I paired it with my least favorite foundation, which seemed to just cover my pores and make my face look painted on, and the mixture worked wonders!