Good

Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Smoothing Shampoo Reviews

Ranked #503 out of 1146 in Shampoo

July 21, 2017

Cheaper is not always "cheap"!

This shampoo and conditioner made my overworked & overprocessed hair ridiculously smooth and shiny. I do not use a blow dryer and haven't for 20+ years and this product dried with a shine and no "bale of hay" stragglers. I suggest you use a different shampoo/conditioner once a week to let your natural oils have a chance to breathe. I have long, naturally large ringlet curls (yes, like Nelly on Little House on the Prairie). I do color...wait...I did color it bleach blonde for many years. I'm ready for my hair to lay naturally and rin my fingers through it without encountering a road block. Another piece of advice...do not use a hairbrush on long hair. Use a large pick and start detangling from the ends up to the roots. Less breakage means I'm having a good hair night with the 'girls'.

July 06, 2017

I would buy this product again and again!

First of all, the packaging is extremely eye catching and appealing. It's also set up for extremely easy use to maximize the amount of product you get out of it. It smells like lollipops and unicorn farts. Like, this stuff is LIFE! It's not too heavy so people with fine oily hair (such as myself) can use it without looking like you just took an oil bath. I buy this product in a dual pack from Walmart.com at least once a week. It's a must have! My hair has never felt better! I switched from tresseme to this and I have zero plans of going back! I even use it on my son's coarse curly hair and it's the only thing that tames it! I definitely recommend you go buy a bottle right now if you haven't tried it!

August 03, 2015

I originally purchased Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion Smoothing Shampoo because some blogger said that this product worked wonders for her oily hair. Being the not-so-proud owner of a buildup-prone mane myself, I decided to give it a go. With a price tag of about $3, it was already cheaper than my usual shampoo (Tresemme). Mind you, this review is for the traditional wash-and-rinse shampoo, NOT the dry one.

In my case, this shampoo did absolutely nothing for my oily hair. It became just as greasy as if I'd washed it with any other shampoo. However, since this is not a product specifically for oily hair, I can't very well judge it on the basis of something it isn't supposed to target. So let's look at the smoothing aspect advertised on the bottle.

I can say with confidence that this shampoo does live up to its anti-frizz reputation. Despite my hair being straight as a board, it does get frizzy and flyaway pretty easily. But since I've begun using this particular product, my hair has been more tamed and smooth than ever before. I found that it gave my hair a little more lift and also made my hair feel smoother without feeling more oily (at least until it was due for another washing). As expected, I also experienced fewer tangles after washing with this shampoo. Personally, I found the scent to be quite nice as well.

Don't expect more from this product than you would any other shampoo when it comes to oily hair; it doesn't do anything special in that department. But the smoothing feature works beautifully, and I absolutely recommend it to anyone with unmanageable hair. I haven't tried the smoothing conditioner yet, but I do believe that I'll be switching from Tresemme to Suave's keratin hair products from now on.

What's Your Favorite?