Prestige Item
Tarte Tarteist Creamy Matte Lip Paint - Birthday Suit Reviews

August 17, 2019

Very nice

I got this from Sephora for free on my birthday. It's a really nice liquid lipstick. It has a thick formula that goes on the lips very smoothly and then it dries into a powder finish. It lasts quite long on the lips and isn't sticky or drying. Colour is nice as well! No complaints.

July 18, 2019
    District of Columbia, United States

Great product

I got this for free to try and I love it. The color I got was a bit beige for me, it went on very well and blended in very well into my skin. The product is super hydrating and creamy and a bit sheer so it matches anyone. It’s a perfect nude for any skin tone.

July 03, 2019

Had me coming back!

I first got this as a birthday gift from Sephora - i was so pleasantly surprised at the soft texture, and the amazing staying power. It lasts for hours without smudging or wearing away in chunks. The "Birthday Suit" color happened to look great on me, as I am extremely fair. I have definitely added a few more of Tarte's lip products to my beauty arsenal since!

March 24, 2019

Great all-around liquid lipstick!

I received this mini as a birthday gift from Sephora a couple years ago. It's still going strong! I really like the formula; it's matte without being too drying, so it still feels relatively comfortable. The colour, however, isn't super flattering on me. I have naturally pigmented lips and this shade is much lighter than them, so it looks really unnatural. That being said, if you see Sephora offering one of these as a free sample or 100 point perk, you can't go wrong!

September 20, 2018

Nice product

I first received this product as a Birthday gift from Sephora. I was not familiar with Tarte cosmetics and was pleasently surprised. Nice tint and texture. Tarte has a great selection of products to choose from with great packaging and colors.

September 18, 2018
    New Jersey, United States

Love it

This is so vibrant and pigmented! It dries fast and you don’t need multiple applications to get your lips poppin! The price point is pretty good and you get a standard amount of product.

2.7/5

August 18, 2018

I don't like the shade or the packaging.

I received it as Sephora birthday gift. The shade has a grey undertone that doesn't suit my skin type. That wouldn't be a problem because liking the shade is a personal thing. However, I have a problem with the packaging. The tiny bottle transpires something oily and it makes the rest of the things in my makeup bag oily too. I don't know if the full size does this too but I hate it.

2.2/5

August 18, 2018

Not a universal colour

I have a fair to medium skin, southeast Asian to be specific, and this shade is not something I can wear without makeup. I like light shades because you can use them without a ton of makeup, this one though, makes my big lips look bigger. The consistency is almost too creamy, doesn't dry out quickly, and when it does, it just seems like a sticker on my lips. I was excited to try this birthday gift, but was let down. It is not for everyone.

May 15, 2018

I like it

I got the Tarte lip paint in the shade Birthday suit as a sample. I was really happy with the shade as well as the product on how it lasted on my lip. It did not crack and went well with my Medium tone skin.

April 18, 2018

Creamy

I LOVE the formula of this lip paint. It’s matte but it really is creamy so it goes on and dries like a dream! It’s not drying at all and it is such a beautiful color