Tatcha The Silk Canvas Protective Primer Reviews
#6 in Makeup

February 11, 2021

Pores are gone!

Well, the hype is real! I love this primer, however, I just find it too pricy! Although, you do get what you pay for, since, Tatcha is known for its skincare and is a high-end brand. I use this primer whenever I am going out or doing shoots or applying heavy makeup! This review reminds me I need to buy another one! :D

January 23, 2021

Never searching for primer again!

I experimented a lot with primer, I have a hard time keeping my skin smooth so I always tried to find smoothing primers that usually never worked, this primer made my skin look amazing and I wear it out even when I’m not wearing any makeup! It seriously makes my skin look photoshopped!

September 07, 2020

Very nice

The price is a bit high but the stuff really does make your face a great canvas for any type of foundation. It doesn’t combat my oily skin as much as I thought (as I was told) it would.

August 12, 2020

Perfect results

This is one of the best purchases ever. The @tatcha silk canvas primer is super smooth and fills in my pores, leaving a flawless base for my foundation application. I am enjoying applying this a lot lately.
    You just need a rice grain size and massage it on your skin.

June 02, 2020

Great initial impressions

I started using Tatcha The Silk Canvas right before the Coronavirus hit Canada and restrictions came into effect. Having used it only a few times this is an initial review only, but my experiences were positive.

My mini Silk Canvas came as part of a set and I used it on the parts of my face where my pores were the most visible and also where I had the most texture. I followed the instructions and just used a very small amount, though larger than a grain of rice because I am not that dainty. It spread very well when warmed against the skin and set a nice layer under my foundation. I only tried a serum and a liquid foundation as that's what I have on hand right now, but I found that the primer made a noticeable difference in the areas it was used in. I haven't tried it over my entire face, I think that might be overkill and a waste of a rather expensive product. Using it strategically, the mini should last me a long time. I will decide after more use if I want to repurchase it.

May 16, 2020

A game changer

This is an amazing primer if you're looking to create a flawless, smooth base! I've used this all over my face and also only on spots where my pores are bigger, but I definitely prefer the latter. My foundation applies so nicely and lasts all day. This is definitely an item to splurge on because it works so well!

May 03, 2020

Worth it!

It really makes my skin look nice. When I where foundation it makes a really nice primer in an amazing base and even it I'm not wearing foundation it still primes my skin really well.

March 11, 2020

Love love love

This product is amazing. A small rice size amount of product was enough for my whole face. Holds on the foundations amazingly and does not crease. Only downside is how expensive this product is

March 01, 2020

Best primer I've ever used

This is the best primer I've ever used!! It goes on smoothly and makes your skin feel and look perfect. Foundation goes on wonderfully after but is not necessary as it blurs imperfections. 100% recommend. Smell is wonderful, texture is soft and creamy and quality and price are worth it

February 27, 2020

Extra layer to protect your skin

I wear foundation everyday and this canvas definitely saves my skin by separating the makeup and my skin layer, acting as the barrier layer. One thing I don’t like about this canvas silk is that on summer days my makeup will melt a little, wish it could be more long lasting ... to keep my makeup in place.