The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Reviews

Ranked #1 out of 1069 in Books

Publisher's Description:
In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before—and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that will weigh survival against humanity and life against love.

July 21, 2017

Great Book

I loved this series and fell in love with the characters. The story line is unique and leaves you wanting to read more. I watched the movies after I read the books and I liked the books alot more. Writer did an excellent job with these books.

July 12, 2017

First books i really fell inlove with!

I fell in love with this series I was intrigued by the unique story line and concept i had never seen before.I fell in love and became invested in the characters.I loved the books and i feel like the movies potrayed the characters very well.

June 20, 2017

Great story line

The Hunger Games books are great, but easy reads. The story line keeps you interested and wanting to keep reading, with something suspenseful around the corner. Two of my sons have also read The Hunger Games and enjoyed them as well.

June 15, 2017

Strong Themes and Good Storytelling

In my experience, young adult fiction varies a great deal in quality. It often feels mass produced with ad lib themes and character names. I really appreciated these books when I read them. This series discusses political oppression, revolution, and exploitation among other intriguing themes. To avoid spoilers, I'll be somewhat vague with the follow comments. The series ends with a really profound sense of irony that left me feeling cheated in the best way possible. It so strongly put me in the shoes of the protagonist. I also really liked the portrayal of PTSD in the series. So often, heroes are designed to be flawless and god-like in the face of danger. I liked that this book was honest in the ways people internalize loss and trauma. It was a truly beautiful story and I look forward to reading more from Suzanne Collins in the future.

June 13, 2017

great read

I enjoyed reading all the books I think this is a collection I will keep on my book shelf at home for a future read. I made sure my daughters and I read them before the movies came out. I like a good read and this is one I would recommend if you have someone that doesn't like to read and hasn't read a book in awhile.

June 07, 2017

I was on the fence about these books because they are considered to be "kids books". Wow! I'm glad I did read them. They are so enjoyable, not as predictable as a lot of books these days. The series kept me interested all the way through. As like most situations, the books are definitely better than the movies.

June 07, 2017

I really loved the first 2 books in the series, especially the first book! I could not put it down. I found that the 3rd book kind of lost my interest though.

May 29, 2017

I only read the books because I watched the movie and fell in love with the story. The books are always so much better. Wonderful story with alot action to keep you interested and makes you fall in love with the characters.

May 25, 2017

This is a great book series that you can get just about anywhere now! I'd recommend these to anyone, especially the first book! The movies are also good.

May 05, 2017

The hunger Games was an amazing trip of books that made me laugh out loud with humor, smile with glee and cry with sadness. Its a set of books that will take you on an emotional rollercoaster and leave you turning every page until you finished all three books! I myself have probably read the series 10 times and was super excited when the made the movies :)

Cheska has started a new forum topic
    Vos commentaires...