The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Reviews

Ranked #1 out of 1044 in Books

Publisher's Description:
In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before—and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that will weigh survival against humanity and life against love.

April 28, 2017

I really enjoyed these books . They aren't the typical books I like to read but I heard so many great reviews , I bought them . I was hooked right away . katniss is such a strong woman and someone young girls can look up to .

April 28, 2017

This series starts off strong and just gets worse and by the last book, it is terrible and confusing. The last book just felt lazy and the love triangle in the story felt like it was shoehorned in. I did like that there were strong female characters and that the lead started off capable but by the end she became whiny and useless. It is a fun read but just be warned that the last book kind of ruins the overall storyline.

April 24, 2017

Loved this series, except maybe the last book, it left me with the impression that the author was rushed to finish it and there's missing a little something. Still a very good distraction and entertainment.

April 21, 2017

Great series! Very easy to read and I couldn't put them down! I think these books would appeal to a wide variety of readers, they were recommended to me by someone else and I didn't fall in the type of books that I normally ready... but I loved every minute!

April 16, 2017

Such a good trilogy. It takes a real good book for me to not be able to put it down, and all three of these books did that for me. They're exciting and such a worthwhile read.

April 08, 2017

This was by far my favorite book trilogy of all time. Okay, so maybe it's more of a young adult read BUT it's a great story line with really admirable amazing characters that you just can't help but root for or hate accordingly.

April 07, 2017

The trilogy started off really strong however in the last book, the story felt that it kind of flopped. Nevertheless, there was great world and character building. There were plenty of moments where I was wondering how the main cast was going to pull through their dilemmas. It would have been nice to explore/learn a bit more about the other districts however that would have made the story too long.

April 07, 2017

I had a friend introduce me to this series before I even heard that the movies were coming out. They are pretty easy to read and follow. You can feel yourself being drawn into the books as if you are there watching, which I love about a good author.
    These books are full of action and has an interesting take on a futuristic world and how easily we could be divided and controlled.
    It is always great to have a hero, but even more inspiring when you have a heroine lead character.
    I couldn't read these books fast enough, but I hate to say that I am disappointed of the ending of the series. I was actually mad. I wished for a happier, stronger ending and I got the opposite of that, I hate how the characters turned out. It left me sad.
    I would still read these over again though, I did enjoy the story.

April 05, 2017

I have these books and was so excited to hear they were making the movies for this series. I loved the books so much. there is just enough action and love story mixed in for every reader. I totally recommend these books to those who like action packed stories, with a touch of drama. Similar storyline to "Divergent series". If you're into one, you'll be into the other. (At least I was), and I LOVE reading. Some books I've read, I own 2 copies of -- movie and regular copies. Haha

April 04, 2017

Despite being an adult, I'm a huge fan of YA books. This was a great read and hard to put down. The ending made me almost scream and I had to run out the next day to get the next one to find out what happened (even though I really wanted to run out that night and get it, but it was too late). Definitely recommend this book for both young adults and any adults beyond the ya age group!