Urban Decay De-Slick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray Reviews

3.9/5
Ranked #53 out of 68 in Setting Spray

March 25, 2017

I bought the travel size of this from Sephora to try it out. I have a very oily face and it's supposed to help with that. Well, in terms of keeping my face from becoming oily it did not do it's job and I still have to blot my face. It's great in keeping my makeup in place but does nothing for the oil. I would not recommend this for those with oily skin (even though that's who it's catered to..)

March 05, 2017

This is a good setting spray, I only bought the travel size, and it did not last that long. I wish I had bought the full size so I could better test it and compare it to other setting sprays. Overall I really liked it, I just regret the fact I did not get the full size! I will definitely be buying it again to compare it to other brands.

September 24, 2016

This setting spray is fantastic for keeping my makeup transfer proof. I don't think it really keeps my oils at bay though. I like to use it when I may have over powdered as it seems to take away the cake face effect.

July 26, 2016

I am so glad I found this product. It truly has helped in prevent that "oil slick" look that I get 1hr after putting on makeup. This spray has kept my face looking like I have just put on makeup, for hours on end, even until the end of day! It is really expensive but this is the only effective product I've found so far. It's worth the results.

July 23, 2016

Make sure when you spray, you follow the instructions they give you in the box. If you spray it once and think you're done, that's not enough coverage. I have very oily skin and this extends my makeup. It's going to work differently with everyone's genetics so if it doesn't work for you- it doesn't mean it wouldn't work for the next person. The smell is not over-powering. Will definitely buy again.

2.3/5

July 23, 2016

I love Urban Decay and I really really really wanted to love this product! But sadly it doesn't work too well :( I have a very oily tzone and this does nothing for it. Doesn't matter what makeup I wear with it, it doesn't help.

July 07, 2016

I use this every single day as the final step of my makeup. I have very oily skin and this product keeps me matte all day. I used to have to powder my face by hour 5 but I don't even bring powder around with me anymore. It's great! I can't say I am 100% matte all day but it is a huge improvement from before. I also used the UD all nighter spray and it's not as good as this. If you have oily skin, THIS IS THE HOLY GRAIL!

3.2/5

January 25, 2016

The price is a little high. But the product does what its meant to do. Minimal touch up throughout the day. A little does go a long way.

January 20, 2016

I have formerly oily skin that turned into combination skin in my late 20s. This product is a lifesaver for making my makeup last through humidity, long days, and even the gym.

I was told to use it this way: 1) Cleanse and moisturize your face. 2) Spray on the UD setting spray. I use 3 spritzes, one on the forehead, one across the (closed) eyes and t-zone, and one on the chin. 3) Let it soak in for a few minutes. I brush my teeth while waiting. 4) Apply all makeup, except mascara. 5) One more spritz of the spray. 6) Apply mascara and finish with a translucent or setting powder if you like.

This seriously keeps my eyeliner and eyeshadow in flawless shape from 6 am until 10 pm. That often includes a post workout shower. Eyeliner still perfect, shadow still pigmented.

It doesn't do too much for oil control, but it also doesn't dry out my skin or contribute to the oil production. And it is incredibly light weight. Zero stickiness. I don't feel it at all.

Neutral on oil control. Fantastic at making your makeup last until you elect to remove it.

(The picture was taken after an 18 hour, humid day, after a shower.)

September 24, 2015

I will not leave my house without this! Being a very oily skin type it really helps me control oil and most importantly makes my makeup last so long! It has a very light weight feel and lasts a very long time if you use the right amount.