Urban Decay Naked Smoky Eyeshadow Palette Reviews

Ranked #35 out of 1399 in Eye Shadow

3.2/5

July 17, 2017

I like this paette

I have quite a few Urban Decay products. This palette is good for night time as it is pretty dark shades. I have brown eyes, and I find the colors go well with my eye color.

June 19, 2017

Love those colors

With nine new shades and three carried over from previous Urban Decay palettes, the Naked Smoky Eyeshadow Palette leans toward mostly cool tones in varying finishes of shimmer, micro-glitter, and matte. In addition to the nude and brown hues, there are also deeply pigmented variations of plum, blue, and slate grey, as well as a satin black shade to round out the smoky look. The lighter shades tend to go on more sheer, which makes them great for layering.

June 07, 2017

The naked smoky palette is great! It has 12 colors that easily blend and make a smoky eye. Some of the colors have bad fallout but most are fine. I would recommend!

2.3/5

May 31, 2017

This is the worst of the Naked palettes. Thankfully I got this on sale. I wouldn't pay more than the 50% off retail price for this.
    The brush that it comes with is terrible. Very uneven application; they should have kept the brush used for Naked 1.
    The other major problem is lack of pigmentation and shadow fall out. Some colours are pretty and would be an awesome base lid colour like Password, but the application is so uneven! The darker shadows are a little better.

Definitely skippable.

2.2/5

May 31, 2017

I have owned all of the original Naked Palettes (1, 2, 3), and this one did not meet my expectations. I truly do not feel that the quality is the same as the first three. Unfortunately, the cooler tones are also just not for me. I plan on decluttering it which is not something I do often when I spend $70 on a palette. If you love a cool smokey look, it's possible that you will like this palette. If you are looking for the same quality as the first 3, I would look elsewhere because honestly, it is just not there.

3.2/5

May 26, 2017

This is the first Naked palette from Urban Decay that I have purchased and tried. I tested the shadows with and without primer. The lighter shades (the first and last four in the palette) are beautifully pigmented and have fairly good staying power. I noticed only a minute difference between them when primed and unprimed. Unfortunately, the darker shades tended to fall onto my lower lash line as the day wore on; primer did little to help with this as well. This is a decent palette, but for those primarily in search of creating a smoky eye look, it might be best to pass on this one.

May 25, 2017

This was the first palette I ever bought. It comes with a little booklet for application which is always nice especially if you're new to makeup. The colors are great for a night out and I always have a primer on my lid to make sure the colors stay. It also comes with a two sided brush that is an added bonus!

May 17, 2017

Au top ! Je l'ai eu en cadeau de Noël (j'aurai pas pu rêver mieux haha) complètement fan des teintes, bien pigmenté comme j'aime. Le pinceau est sympa aussi quand on débute. Je l'as recommande !

2.3/5

April 24, 2017

I felt like this is way more over rated than it should be. it has nice colors but there is too much wear off. i can get the same pigment and effect from other drugstore eyeshadows

March 17, 2017

I love Love LOVE this eyeshadow palette! It comes with detailed instructions to achieve three different looks but is versatile enough to go well beyond those suggested looks. Highly pigmented and great staying power too. Got it for a steal at Ulta for only $27USD, which makes me love it even more!