Yonanas Frozen Healthy Dessert Maker - 100% Fruit Soft-Serve Maker Reviews

August 14, 2017

Healthy and Delicious Soft Serve

I got this as a gift a few years back and it's an amazing addition to my kitchen. It is easy to use and clean. To use, it it recommend to take your frozen fruits out of the freezer for approx. 15 minutes, so they get a bit softer. Then you push it through the machine. It is recommended to use bananas in between the different fruits, as it helps push the fruit out easier to make the ice cream. The ice cream comes out creamy and delicious.

One downfall of this machine is that bananas are highly recommended to use as part of every soft serve ice cream, as it makes it easier to push the ice cream through. I would like the option to make soft serve without banana but still use the machine easily. I tend to find whenever I try to not use banana, the machine doesn't work as well, so I tend to cave.

August 13, 2017

Healthy tasted and just as good as Ice Cream!

If you’re anything like me you are trying to watch your waistline but have given up on diets. I cannot follow anything when the first three letters are “die”. Eating healthy, portion control some exercise, walking or just keep moving. With “sitting” being the new “smoking” just get up and move any chance you get.
    Doing the best we can for ourselves should be a priority. When it comes to what I feed myself my philosophy is 85% nutrition and 15% pleasure. That being said, I still love desserts! That’s why I was completely thrilled when I first came across the Yonanas Elite. The inventor Eileen McHale and her husband came up with this wonderful machine as an alternative to ice cream. The Yonanas Elite is a kitchen appliance that turns frozen bananas and other frozen fruits in to a frozen dessert with the same taste, consistency, and temperature as ice cream or frozen yogurt without all the additives and sugar you will find in your grocery store frozen desserts. This treat has the same nutrition of frozen fruit and at only 100 calories per serving. It’s not too often when we can you use the term “healthy dessert.” Since I purchased the unit this past summer (2015) it’s one of my favorite kitchen appliances. It’s also one of my partners favorite appliances. Every now and then he smiles and looks over at me to say I think it’s time for Yonanas.
    When I was deciding on what unit to purchase I did some research online. You can pick up the lower end model at your usual department stores for around $50 (Can.). I went for the more Elite/Deluxe model (recipe book included) only because I read that the lower end model was a bit noisy. I did have some problems with it around the third week of use but I admit it could have been my fault because I added some frozen chocolate Scor pieces to the dessert I was making and I think the machine just couldn’t handle it. I sent an email out to Yonanas and had amazing customer service experience and they sent me out a new blade and two plastic seals within a week.
    Favorite options for my Yonanas dessert include bananas, pineapple, blueberries, strawberries and mango. You can always add a few chocolate chips or toppings after the dessert is prepared. If you’re a fan of peanut better check out this Yonanas recipe I like to treat myself sometimes and make Yonanas for breakfast where I will serve it on top of a waffle or with crepes. Remember also, it’s important to let the fruit sit out for about 7 minutes before putting it through the machine as it needs to soften slightly first. Check out the amazing reviews on this appliance.

August 09, 2017

Not bad

I got this for Christmas a few years ago. I was so excited because I love the idea of eating frozen fruit in the place of ice cream. I have a huge sweet tooth so this was super exciting for me!! I also love fruits so the combination of frozen soft serve made of fruit fit me perfectly. You add a banana and then you can add other fruit such as berried and then another banana or banana half. The ice cream is smooth and creamy. It is sweet and naturally delicious. The downside to this machine though is that you NEED to add a lot of bananas. It will not work or make the soft-serve ice cream if you don't stick in a banana every few berries or so. The banana taste is the most prominent one. Sometimes I wanted just berries, but this could not be done. If you do not like the taste of bananas this is not for you.

May 02, 2017

I laughed my my husband brought the machine home and told him I didn't need it because I make banana ice cream with my food processor. Boy was I wrong! This works wayyy better than a food processor! I find it comes out better if you chop your frozen fruit and mix it together before adding it to the chute instead of adding them individually. The Yonanas machine is really easy to clean too.

2.0/5

December 06, 2016

we had bought this a couple years ago because we loved the idea of it, because it's a healthier option, but it only works well if you put a frozen banana through first, which i hate the taste of banana, so i stopped using this eventually, and it now sits there unused for over a year, not really worth the money

April 26, 2016

Sadly I was drawn into the hype. We have used it half dozen times and now it sits in the basement collecting dust. It wasn't cheap either. I remember it was also quite loud. We got sick of eating frozen bananas!

February 18, 2016

This is one of our most used appliances in our house. My daughter is dairy allergic and we make yogurt and ice cream on a regular basis. Would buy again and again.

January 29, 2016

Love the machine and the finished product really is like ice cream. A little stirring is required after it comes out of the machine but it is well worth it and only takes a minute.