Almay Smart Shade Pressed Powder Reviews

Ranked #165 out of 335 in Powder

1.5/5

August 04, 2016

Hello, Miss Ninja Checking In on my 1st Thumbs Down Product.

I give this product a 1 out of 10 (1 being No thanks! / 10 being Yes Please ! )

#1 - The brush included in this product hurts your face, is is very cheaply made. Feels like you could use it to paint our house, but it is a bit small for that :)

#2 - The Powder has darker and lighter shades incorporated into it; I guess to give it a "Smart Shade" Effect, however, it applies the same colour, almost translucent and like white chalk!!

#3 - The Powder goes on blotchy, applies okay in some areas. It also accentuates your lines, not cover them up. You can see the Powder in the creases of your face. YUK I used a sponge applicator opposed to the brush they include and it worked better, but I shouldn't have to buy another applicator above what I just bought which makes the product even more expensive,

I would not recommend this product. It honestly doesn't do anything. Sorry Almay.

February 08, 2016

Hey all I gave this only 3✴ because it is not the worst I've tried but it's definitely not the best either.I found that it didn't give me very good coverage nor did it blend in very well.It is nice and light but I found that it sorta sit on top of your skin.This one just wasn't for me.

July 30, 2015

I normally love Almay products but this one did not work for me. It doesn't cover up enough of my blemishes and spots. It did help with some of the oiliness of my skin but I need something less translucent for my skin.

June 30, 2015

I received a coupon in the mail to purchase and try any almay product. This one caught my eye and I am glad it did. I even purchasde two in order to keep one in my purse. I am not much of a liquid foundation girl, powder is my way to go. This one (being smart shade) stays up to its name in matching your tones and colour of the face. Reading the package it indicated that the white parts were for controlling oils and shine on your face and so far it stays up to its name again without constant reapplying. I apply in the morning and occasionally blot if needed. My only complaint is the brush that comes with it isn't top quality I would rather use a sponge. For a while I didn't even notice it came with a brush.