Aveda Sap Moss Shampoo

Aveda Sap Moss Shampoo Reviews

Ranked #866 out of 937 in Shampoo

Aveda Sap Moss Shampoo

May 02, 2008

After unsuccessfully trying to let my "Grace Jones" hairstyle grow back for 2 years, this shampoo was THE product that permitted me to let my hair grow back without it being damaged. I absolutely love that product, even though it is a bit expensive. The shampoo does not lather much; you do not need a lot of it to clean your hair properly. And no, your hair should not, and will not, "skeak" once you rinse it out. Purchasing the biggest bottle (1 litre) is definately the way to go with this product.

February 14, 2007

I need to second the other rating. I have parched, curly hair as well, and have gone through dozens of drugstore shampoos and conditioners in attempt to keep it moisturized. Dove, Herbal Essences, Citre Shine, John Frieda, Fructis, Paul Mitchell, BedHead, you name it. My hair always required a leave-in conditioner just to keep it tame, forget about healthy. This is my new shampoo for life. My hair just looks better every day. Its shiny, requires less product, and just feels great while being totally manageable.
I love the smell - definatly smell it before you buy it though. It is very different; smells clean and spicey, a little bit sweet and musty. The smell is my favorite part - a great start to every morning for me. The price is a super bummer, but considering how desperatly my hair needed help, its worth it for me.

January 30, 2007

This stuff is the best shampoo I have ever used - I don't think I'll ever stop using it, unless they stop making it. I used to use a drugstore brand for my shampoo and conditioner which I thought was a really good product, but it turned out to be very bad for my hair. It literally took months to undo the damage it had done to my hair, but this product managed to do it. I have naturally dry curly hair, and haven't found many products that are moisturizing to the extent that I need them to be. This one is. The shampoo is more moisturizing than the conditioner that goes with it (I don't use that one, I use another conditioner). It may be a little bit confusing at first because it doesn't lather all that much and it's really concentrated, so it may seem expensive but it takes a long time to go through.

I often alternate between letting it curl with a diffuser and straightening it, using a flat iron - so my hair gets a lot wear and tear. On top of that, I also have my hair coloured every 4 months or so. This should leave my hair dead and dry as a stick, but its not, I don't have any split ends, it's always soft, and I'm always getting compliments on my hair. I can only attribute this to using Sap Moss as it has completely changed my hair.

It smells really woodsy. I like that it has a very natural, down to earth smell, but if you don't like the smell - don't worry, it doesn't linger very long. I suppose the only other things about it I could mention that make it my favourite shampoo are that its made with quality ingredients and its not tested on animals.

If you're concerned about the cost, Aveda has a travel sized version, so you can try it for a little while before you decide. Oh, and word to the wise, it may look like it separates sometimes, but its fine, you can shake it up, or just leave it, its fine, and it works the same.

jujusamples has posted in the forum topic
Beauty Products

Irememberu added a new review for
Milkbone Brushing Chews

Ssamson22 added a new review for
Milkbone Brushing Chews

KieliAnne has posted in the forum topic
Advent calender

jujusamples has started a new forum topic
Beauty Products