Boscia Luminizing Black Mask Reviews

Ranked #433 out of 519 in Masks

This jet-black, mineral-rich mask creates a unique peel-off effect that delivers powerful detoxifying, purifying, and brightening results. Made with a premiere-quality clay, its deep-cleansing properties draw out dirt and oil. Other natural ingredients go to work exfoliating skin and refining pores. Powerful antioxidants shrink pores, firm skin, and reduce inflammation. Once dried, the mask strips away dead skin, impurities and excess oil to reveal immediate and visible results.

August 05, 2016

This product seemed right up my alley so I grabbed a sample and tried it out. I was able to apply to my whole face with the sample and was happy it peeled off easily but was a little painful as I could feel it pulling off the tiny hairs on my face. I feel like this did probably clean out my pores to an extent but I didn't notice anything dramatic with it. My face was tingly and had a sligbt burning sensation after peeling it off. I don't think I would buy the full size and will try alternatives.

April 20, 2016

Not a fan of this mask. This pricey mask has to be very liberally applied to make it peel-able. It is also not super easy to peel unless it is liberally applied. It can also get quite messy.

Unfortunately, I did not see much change to my pores even immediately after removing the mask. The only real positive was that my skin felt slightly smoother.

February 20, 2016

I think this product is alright. It helps clear my pores, doesn't remove all the blackheads but I do notice my pores looking clean. The price though is on the hefty side and I feel like I could find a cheaper alternative that does the exact same thing.
The good thing is, after this dries and you pull it off, as long as you put a decent amount on, not a lot of product is left on your face when you peel it off. Overall it's nice, but it doesn't make me want to run out and repurchase when I run out.

January 13, 2016

Just tried the Boscia Luminizing Black Mask for the first time - for its pore firming and cleansing properties.
Even after just one use, I find an amazing difference in my skin - it feels soft and supple, without the excess oil and looks visibly healthy.
Definitely looking forward to another application in 2-3 days.
Stay tuned for another review.

October 22, 2015

Got a sample from Sephora. Didn't irritate my skin. Skin was soft after peeling mask off. Saw the gunk that came off my skin. Price is too high.

August 28, 2015

Boscia Luminizing Black Mask:
I also received a deluxe sample from Sephora and loved it!
Made my skin so soft!

August 28, 2015

I got a deluxe sample of this mask, in a recent order I made from Sephora.ca.
I have had really good experiences with the few Boscia products I've tried and this one has some really good reviews, so I was excited to try it, and it didn't disappoint!
I followed to directions but only applied this to my chin and on/around my nose, where I get the most clogged pores. I made sure to apply the mask as thickly and evenly as possible (the black shade of this really helps in that respect). I let it sit for about 30 minutes, until it seemed completely dry, and then had no trouble peeling the mask off. There were some tiny little flecks left here and there, where the edges of the product had been, but they rinsed off easily.
When I peeled off the mask it didn't irritate my skin at all, and it definitely removed some unwanted things from my pores! It wasn't quite as effective as something like a Biore pore strip, but the effect was very similar.
I like the herbal scent of this mask, and it is definitely fun and easy to use. There is barely any rinsing to be done afterwards, and there's actually much less cleanup to do afterwards than with any other mask I've tried.
This is an expensive product, but Boscia usually has little kits for sale that include a mini version of this and other skincare products to try, and Sephora often has deluxe samples of it available with your purchase or for points.
It's definitely a fun product to use, and I like how easily it helps to cleanse my pores. It isn't a miracle mask, but it's definitely one of the better ones I've tried, and is worth recommending!

November 28, 2014

LOVE this mask! Different from most of the masks I tried and I love that you can peel it off easily after it dries which means there's no mess afterwards or having to re-wash your face and scrub it off. My skin tone looks more evened-out after and definitely noticeably brighter.

November 26, 2014

I recently tried this as part of a mask kit from sephora. It applies like sort of a gel cream mask. I used a foundation brush to apply it evenly. After about 20 minutes, it dries up entirely you can actually peel the entire thing off no water needed!
It was amazing to actually see gunk and white heads stuck to the mask. Skin felt a lot smoother and cleaner :) Would recommend!

November 22, 2014

This mask was meh on my sensative combination skin. You need a lot of product to make it actually peal off after the 30min dry time. My skin felt and looked no real difference after. It was also very messy. I have used some drugstore masks that worked better at reducing clogged pores and removing dry/dull skin.