Good

Canon EF 50mm f 1.8 II Camera Lens Reviews

Ranked #34 out of 65 in Digital Cameras

This is considered the standard lens for use with Canon SLR cameras

July 16, 2015

I love this lens so much and it is a great starter lens. It was one of the first ones I bought and I still come back to it often.

April 15, 2014

This was the first len i bought after i got my Canon T3i and i have to say it is well worth the price. I'm not a professional photographer but i can get really great full body shots as well as very cleary close ups for my fashion blog (http://www.leftinpink.blogspot.ca) . It is a portrait lens but it is also very versitile. I shoot on creative auto and have no problem with this lens. I highly recommend getting this len if you are looking for something better than the regular lens that comes with the camera and is on a lower price range. ($130)

July 28, 2009

For all you photography enthusiasts, even if you are just starting out with DSLR, this is going to be a lens that you say, "honestly, why didn't I buy this the first day I got my camera". First of all this is a portrait lens, so it is very basic, it takes portraits, it doesn't zoom, works best from a few feet away. Its cheap, probably one of the cheapest on the market at around $129. Its metal- a lot of things come in plastic these days. And the best part- it takes newb-proof photos. Honestly you will take stunning portraits on full auto mode.

I have this lens on my T1i and have attached some photos I have taken with it just playing around the first day I got it. My profile pic was also taken with it. It had a very shallow depth of field (aka the stuff you dream of when doing wedding photography). Only what you focus on will be in focus, everything else blurred

Its amazing- please go buy it, even if its the only lens you ever buy. You will love it. I got mine at Henrys and I cant believe I didn't buy it earlier

Updated On: July 29, 2009

Its not metal- sorry!! I forgot! The 500 dollar version of this lens is, the 129 version is plastic. :) so be careful with it!

December 18, 2008

I got a recommendation from a friend regarding this lens.

Apparently everyone loves this lense and I can see why. I've taken some pretty awesome portrait shots. There are some pretty thorough reviews out there from professionals and amateurs alike and everyone raves about it.

At $84 this is an extremely affordable lens that's small, compact, and easy to use.

December 08, 2008

If you want to fake like you are a professional photographer, pick up one of these lenses. My husband ordered this as his Christmas present and then insisted on opening it early the day it arrived (we ordered online) so I have been playing with it for the past couple of weeks.

I was a bit of a doubter when he first said he needed this lens but it is truly amazing. If you want to get that nice crisp image with the blurred background and take beautiful pictures in natural lighting this is it. Gorgeous quality pictures and easy to use. I'm a believer.

jujusamples has posted in the forum topic
Beauty Products

Irememberu added a new review for
Milkbone Brushing Chews

Ssamson22 added a new review for
Milkbone Brushing Chews

KieliAnne has posted in the forum topic
Advent calender

jujusamples has started a new forum topic
Beauty Products