DHC Deep Cleansing Oil Reviews

Ranked #108 out of 120 in Beauty Oil

This Deep Cleansing Oil removes dirt, excess oil, makeup and other pore-cloggers and leaves your face grime-free with a soft touch. Its unique water-soluble formula rinses completely, so you'll never see a greasy residue. Olive oil and vitamin E help ensure you won't see dryness either.

January 25, 2017

bought this stuff in japan and fell in love!! super gentle on your skin and magically takes all the residue off. for the price it is such a good deal.

January 13, 2017

This was the first cleansing oil I ever tried. Since then I have tried several cleansing oils, both drugstore and high end, and for some reason I keep coming back to this one. I find it to be one of the most effective products at removing makeup - even the stubborn waterproof makeup.

There are several reasons why I prefer this over other cleansing oils despite the price. Firstly, I like that it has an olive oil base and has a short ingredients list - this makes me more confident that there are less chemicals added to this product. Olive oil by itself is wonderful at removing makeup but I find it way too thick to be applying on my face in addition to it being difficult to wash off. With the DHC cleansing oil, it's a more diluted solution. After applying it on the face, I slowly add water and continue rubbing it in until the oil starts to emulsify. Then I just wash it off with water afterwards. I still go in with a gentle cleanser after just to make sure all cleansing oil residues are removed (also known as a 2-step cleansing method).

I don't really mind the scent. It smells like olive oil which is a scent more tolerable than the artificial smells that accompanied other cleansing oils I've tried. This products makes makeup removal easy and quick. There's no need to use cotton pads or spend more time removing heavy makeup around the eyes. I just apply it all over my face and it removes all the makeup at once.

The main reason why I keep coming back to this cleansing oil is due to it being the most gentle on my eyes. My eyes are extremely sensitive and this is one of the few products that doesn't leave me looking like I have pink eye after using it.

I have already repurchased this product a few times and will continue to do so.

July 23, 2016

Never thought about the oil as a cleansing product. Iam very pleased to admit that i love this oil.it does clean my skin and removes all make up, it feels very oily at first, but after it transform my skin to a new clean level, .its pricey but a little goes a long way.

June 25, 2016

I tried this product and I love it... I don't wear makeup often and it is a makeup remover but I used it just to get rid of the impurities in my skin and it worked very well. It removed dirt that I didn't know was even there. It's a bit too pricey but I probably would buy it again. Overall a pretty good product.

March 09, 2016

I am very open to trying cleansing oils and have found a lot of products I LOVE since the oil-craze with beauty products has started. This however was a total miss. It does remove makeup, but you don't use it with water. So while it does get all the makeup off my face, I cant help but feel like the oils on my face are mixing with this oil and just sitting on my skin because they haven't been removed properly. If I were going to continue to use this I would use it as a makeup remover BEFORE washing my face with a real cleanser. Using this on it's own, my skin doesn't really feel clean, and I broke out horribly after using it for a few days.

Maybe I will still find a cleansing oil that I love but this is not the one.

June 15, 2015

I tried a sample of this product and am still undecided about it, (only one pkg, unfortunately not enough for a real trial). My skin is very sensitive, so I try to find the best product for sensitive skin. I need unscented products, this one has a very light scent and didn't really affect my skin or nose adversely. I wish that I could have had a bigger sample, to make a real decision about how I feel about this product. Other than that I was satisfied with the product. :)

May 05, 2015

I love DHC's products. I have quite a few of them in my beauty closet. I first tried samples of their products and loved them. They have a small catalog with the samples on various pages. You can go to their website and request samples, and they usually send them. This is not like a typical oil, it's not oily to the skin. I use it when I feel my face needs a bit more moisture.

May 05, 2015

The pricing may be a little high, but this is a good product overall. I love how it makes my skin feel clean and soft.

January 27, 2015

This product cleans the makeup off amazing and than when you wash your face with the soap it feels clean , and the moisturizer is such a velvety feeling I will have nice skin until I run out than I will have to purchase !

October 26, 2014

I received a trial size of this.I was very reluctant at first because I was afraid of their oil making my skin more oily or break out. I expected that it would not clean properly, and leave a greasy residue. But it removed everything and my face felt smooth and soft too!