Excel Naturally Sweetened in Spearmint & Peppermint Reviews

Ranked #39 out of 85 in Gum

June 08, 2016

I received samples of these gums recently and was quite surprised to find that they were in the long stick shape rather than the typical tablet shape Excel is known for. I loved how easy it was to chew and the flavors (both spearmint and peppermint) were not too sweet, yet refreshingly minty. I like that they are naturally sweetened, so you don't have to worry about consuming artificial ingredients like aspartame. The flavour lasts a long time and is great to chew after you've had a meal so that your breath smells clean and fresh.

May 30, 2016

I am an avid gum chewer – typically Trident or Excel – whichever is lower priced, and usually the “Blue” minty flavours. It gives me something to do, great to keep my mouth hydrated while exercising, and keeps my breath fresh. Most people might not know this of me, as I am also a quiet chewer (thanks to misophonia).

When I tried the “Naturally Sweetened” Excel, I was sorely disappointed. The sticks remind me of Juicy Fruit (thickness and size), and the taste, unfortunately, is similar as far as lasting power is concerned.

Within 5 minutes of chewing/keeping it in my mouth, the gum gets hard and I generally have to throw it out shortly thereafter. It also keeps my mouth rather dry in comparison with the original Excel brand gum.

The taste is okay and not overpowering, but again, the flavour does not last much beyond 5 to 10 minutes.

So as much as I try to avoid sugar and prefer natural sweeteners, this gum just doesn’t do enough for my needs to try it out again in the future.

*** I received this product at no cost for my fair and fabulous review ***

May 21, 2016

I am usually not a big fan of mint gum as I find the mint to be too strong, but I really liked the taste of Excel Naturally Sweetened - Spearmint & Peppermint. It has a subtle mint flavour which was much more pleasant than most other mint gums. However, I found the gum to be kind of dense and took more work to chew than I prefer. While it did get a little softer as time went on after about 3 minutes it started to have this rubbery sound as I chewed which I did not enjoy and I spit the gum out.

Conclusion: Even though I liked the flavour of the gum I am not likely to buy it.
*I received these free from Home Tester Club to try and provided honest feedback.

May 19, 2016

I tried the peppermint and the spearmint and I like it. I like the fact that it is not sweetened with artificial sweeteners, a word of caution though, it is sweetened with sugar and it is 10 calories per stick but that is the same for other gums that are sweetened with aspartame. It also had a longer lasting flavour which I liked.

May 19, 2016

I didn't like these, and won't be buying them. I think the packaging is deceptive by stating that they're "naturally sweetened". Sounded like it was sweetened with something like Truvia or Stevia, but it's actually just sweetened with SUGAR! Ok, so then Bubbalicious is naturally sweetened too and good for you? I prefer my artificial sweetener gums that don't have calories, don't put plaque on my teeth, and fight cavities instead of causing them. Ugh, I don't want to brush my teeth after chewing gum. The sweetness of the gums wasn't there either, but a mint taste did last forever. I also didn't like that after 5 minutes a rubbery sound would start when chewing against my teeth. I thought the peppermint flavour was better than the spearmint, it was sweeter and smoother.

May 18, 2016

Excel Naturally Sweetened is made with fewer ingredients without sugar substitutes, artificial sweeteners & colours.Had a nice taste & lasted on average flavour.
Like the fact it only had 5 ingredients Sugar, Gum Base, Natural Flavour, Soy Lecithin and Glycerin.

Lug Taxicab Full Tote