Julep Oxygen Smoothing Base Coat
Good

Julep Oxygen Smoothing Base Coat Reviews

Ranked #85 out of 157 in Nail Care

August 24, 2016

Absolutely in love with this product! Usually I have chipping within 2 days of putting on nail polish, however with this its lasted 1+ week! So worth it! Will buy again:)

December 18, 2015

I have to disagree with the other reviewer. I was excited to get this and hoped it would solve the problem of some of the Julep colors staining, but after several test runs with and without the base coat...I finally have to admit, it causes problems.

No matter how light I put it on and how long I wait or how dry it seems, it makes the nail polish applied on top of it come out clumpy and usually unable to dry correctly.

Even though I love many Julep products, this one is a don't buy, IMO.

October 28, 2015

Recently I have tried several base coats and have been disappointed, so my hopes were not high when I ordered one from Julep (despite loving their regular nailpolishes, I was being pessimistic). This base coat is amazing! It dries extremely fast and holds the colour well on your nails. But the thing I like best about this is that it protects my nails from staining, so whenever I take off the colour my nails aren't that gross yellow colour. While this is slightly more expensive than your typical drugstore base coat, if you pick it as part of your monthly maven subscription it's a decent price. If you buy it outside of the box but are a maven member, it's $14.40, or if you're not a member it's $18. I got it in my subscription box, so it equaled out to about $6.60, which I think is great for the quality of the product. I love it!