Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer SPF 15 Reviews

Ranked #848 out of 1112 in Facial Lotions & Creams

This most efficacious preparation contains Squalane, an emollient derived from olives, which closely resembles the skin's natural sebum, as well as additional skin-compatible oils derived from avocados, apricot kernels and sweet almonds. This formulation contains a broad-spectrum UV-ray sunscreen with an SPF 15 to help protect the skin from the sun's harmful rays.

February 24, 2016

I found it to be a bit on the pricier side but it's well worth it! It will now be my go-to moisturizer. It is rich but not too heavy and doesn't leave my face feeling too greasy. I have somewhat sensitive skin and I found this product very suitable for me. I have used it every single day since purchasing it last April and I used it all up a month before it was about to expire! It has encouraged me to explore other Kiehl's products

May 01, 2015

I received a sample of this and I am in love! I think I finally found my holy grail moisturizer. I have extremely dry, sensitive skin but I find that a lot of moisturizers turn it into greasy skin (not ideal). This finally does what I expect - gives my skin a nice healthy feeling and dewy glow with none of the grease.

Definitely going to purchase the full size when I'm finished with my large deluxe sample.

October 08, 2013

Love it! You only need a small amount and even with my dry skin, the coverage was amazing. It left my face smooth and silky. It's very light, but works as if it is a cream!

June 03, 2012

I first tried this product from a sample packet for a few days, and found it unnecessary for my skin at that time. My skin is pretty much normal, except it's a tad oiler on the forehead and a bit drier on my cheeks, so usually, I don't need these kinds of extra-creamy moisturizers.

But then I went on vacation, directly applied some chemical sunscreen to my bare skin for a few days, and the skin around my cheeks started peeling! (I was also applying another new type of moisturizer to my skin after the sunscreen, but it didn't seem to be very moisturizing, at least not against the sunscreen.) I was horrified and I no clue what to do, until I remembered that I brought a deluxe sample of this product with me on this trip (it was actually supposed to be a gift with a few other items). I applied this product in the morning and before bed, and within a few days, my skin was back to normal. I was amazed.

I think this product resembles a cream more than a moisturizer, and to this day, its overall consistency and smell reminds me strongly of kids' sunscreens (because I haven't encounted a kids' sunscreen with an elegant, smooth, and matte finish). This product is on the thicker side of moisturizers/creams, and leaves my face very oily-looking afterwards. I didn't mind this too much on my vacation, but back home, I think that if I were to use this product, I'd use it only at night, or I'd just smear it on my cheeks during the day - not my entire face. My skin doesn't seem to absorb this product very fast, and even after a night's sleep, if I put my finger to my face, my finger kind of "sticks" to my skin. However, I only need about a pea-size amount to cover my entire face, which is good, considering its price.

On a side note, if I use this product a few hours after using my chemical sunscreen, there is this tingling feeling, which I'm assuming is some ingredient in the sunscreen reacting with some other ingredient in this product. But my face hasn't shown any outward sign of a bad reaction - to either the mixing of the ingredients or to the ingredients of this product itself - which is always a good sign. In fact, I'm kind of surprised that this seemingly very thick and greasy product hasn't made my sometimes-unpredictable skin act up! (My facial skin is relatively low maintenance, but it always reacts, to some degree, with any kind of chemical sunscreen.)

I would definitely recommend this product to a friend! (If you're hesistant about the price or its results, you could head over to your local Kiehl's and ask for some samples.)

Updated On: June 12, 2012

I just remembered that this product turned my skin from dry and flaky to normal on its own - I didn't use any other product on my face (no makeup, no scrub or mask) during that period. It was truly impressive!

October 20, 2010

The tinted moisturizer is not good for long lasting wear. The moisturizer is good for those summer days where you don't want to put on too much makeup but still want SPF coverage. If you have oily skin I would not recommend this product at all because it makes your skin shine.

October 06, 2008

I love this moisturizer. I use it in the morning right after my shower, and it's just the right amount of moisture without being greasy. It's not super-cheap, but you don't need a lot. Just a tiny little bit will cover your whole face. I now use the version with SPF - an extra bonus!

January 15, 2008

This cream is rich so you only need a tiny dot for your whole face. I have oily skin and tend to get breakouts so I can't handle anything really heavy, but this cream works for me! It may seem a little pricey compared to drug store brands but considering how little you use every day it is totally worth it. I got a deluxe sample from Kiehl's and it took me 3 months to use.

I definitely recommend this cream - just make sure you follow the instructions and don't put too much on.

December 28, 2007

wow! I never understood all the hype surrounding this brand until I finally tried it. I received it as a gift and it is fantastic. It is a very thin but intensive moisturizer. It leaves your skin feeling soft and fresh. It absorbs into your skin quickly. When I run out I will definitely buy this product for myself!

August 03, 2006

I love this moisturizer because it does exactly what it claims to do, really softens and conditions my skin! Not too heavy and really effective at moisturizing.

July 31, 2006

So gentle does NOT make my skin break out. Has 15 SPF. Not overly greasy or runny. Just right.