Kim's Simple Meals Organic Homestyle Burger

1 review
Ranked #102 out of 174 in Gluten-free

Taste

March 07, 2016

First of all, I would like to disclose that I received this product for free, in exchange for a thorough and honest product review. So after long and thorough searching, I was finally able to find a Sprouts Farmers Markets in NE Piedmont, Atlanta. It was quite the road-trip and my children and me enjoyed our first shopping trip there. That's where I had to purchase the product. So, I just prepared this product today. It's Kim's Simple Meals Organic Homestyle Burger. As the instructions on the box say, you just add water and cook it. So when I opened the box, I saw an oat-like (oatmeal looking) mixture that smelled like barbecue potato chips. You could really smell the seasonings in it. You have to add 1 1/2 cups of boiling water to the mixture and let it sit until it is firm (a few minutes). it was gooey a bit like oatmeal too as I made the patties. I was able to form 2 monster sized patties, which I had to cook for 15 minutes on both sides. I love meat, but I have tried vegan products. The oatmeal texture had me worried until the patties were cooked. Kim nailed the taste! Once the cooked patties are put into a bun with added toppings, you almost get that illusion that you are eating a burger. You most certainly get that taste too. However, the texture is somewhat grainy and you can tell that you are not eating meat. It is close though. The first bite gives you the illusion that you are eating a burger until you begin to chew. You feel the grains and texture that is not quite like meat. Would I purchase this again? It's possible but not on a regular basis. It did satisfy my burger craving though. It was delicious but again, I could tell that it was not meat. The texture was off a bit. If there is someone that has been taken off of beef and red meat, this is definitely a healthier option. It's hearty and will satisfy you as if you ate a burger. I know vegans will absolutely love this. Honestly, I still prefer the meaty version. I didn't get the juices and firmness of biting a meat patty.

xoliana has posted in the forum topic
I made a Youtube video!

j.beauty has posted in the forum topic
Top 5 AFFORDABLE makeup brands!!

wendyroy added a new review for
Kleenex Cool Touch

fredamans has posted in the forum topic
Foot Care

wendyroy has posted in the forum topic
SINGLE AT CHRISTMAS

xoliana has posted in the forum topic
Foundation

jujusamples has posted in the forum topic
Forever 21 Active Wear