Maybelline New York Mineral Power Pressed Powder Finish Veil Reviews

Ranked #193 out of 333 in Powder

Why You'll Love ItMineral Power Finishing Veil Pressed Powder with micro-minerals provides a lighter coverage for a perfect finish.Discover the power of micro-minerals:• Finishing touch that perfects and sets makeup • Provides the finishing touch for flawless looking skin• Talc-free• Fragrance-free• Lightweight Feel• Complete, natural coverage

November 09, 2011

I received this product as a gift from a friend. I decided to try it in lieu of my usual powder makeup and found the results to be quite disappointing. The powder leaves a cakey appearance and resulted in an unwanted skin breakout/irritation. I've read a lot of information on mineral makeups recently and have come to the conclusions that perhaps they are not for me. On the upside, if your skin is not of the sensitive type, this product is an affordable alternative to higher end mineral cosmetics!

December 30, 2010

This makeup is perfect for oily, acne prone skin! for years I had to choose between caking on two layers of makeup or letting my imperfections show, now I only use this because it is soft, light, long lasting, scent free, and is incredibly gentle on my sensitive skin.

July 13, 2010

I was looking for a face powder that would cover blemishes really well so that I wouldn't always have to layer on both foundation and powder. As soon as I tried it, it erased any blemishes or spots on my face and made my skin look absolutely clear. I haven't always been the type to wear powder on my face all the time for fear of it looking cakey and dry, but this powder felt and looked light but at the same time covered everything. It gave a natural matte finish and didn't lave your face looking oily throughout the day. I would highlyyy recommend this powder if you want a matte finish and full coverage. It's about $35 but worth itt.

February 08, 2010

Great coverage, I'm trying this is the winter when my oily combo skin is at it's worst...so I'm trying to be as fair as possible. It goes on very well, I'm impressed with that part. I find it's not good for my skin in the winter, I think I'll love it in the summer. Stay tuned!

January 27, 2010

I tried this foundation as a quick fix because I had run out of my usual. I have to say that I was not impressed. The foundation as cakey and gave my face an unnatural look. I won't stray from my usual anymore!

May 10, 2009

I got this for around 6 bucks, I belive, at CVS. My skin was looking really bad and I was breaking out. I decided to do soemthing good for my skin so I purchased the Mineral Power pressed powder in Medium. The strange thing about this powder is that it is only available in 3 shades- Light, Medium, and Dark, and in only 1 bronzer shade. I found this odd, but I purchased Medium for my medium-light skin because summer is coming up. I have to say the Maybelline compacts are so much more convenient than other brands. You just swing it open and have access to the mirror and the powder at the same time! The applicator is a little sponge (that's good, it's better than a puff because sponges are washable). I dusted this on when I was sans foundation because I just needed to run out to the store but didn't want to go out with completely bare skin. I was actually pleasantly surprised with this. Unlike most pwoders which accentuate my pores, this hid them and even helped tone down my dark circles. The powder looked just a little too yellow in the sunlight (reason for 4 stars), but my skin looked glowing and radiant. This powder doesn't make your skin look matte, it just makes it look glowing and healthy. As for oil control, this doesn't do any better than all the other pwoders I've tried, but that's just my oily skin. I'm sure for others with less oily skin they wouldn't even need to do touch-ups for this one. Overall, this is a good, affordable powder that evens out skin tone and covers minor imperfections while giving skin a healthy and natural glow. Try it, you won't be disapointed!

August 13, 2008

Updated On: August 13, 2008

I dislike the Maybelline brand mineral makeup. It made my skin greasy and very shiny and I have normal complexion. My sister started to break out and went to her dermatologist. She discovered that the chemicals in the store bought brand was the cause. Yes even natural is chemical, everything has chemical properties just some are better than others eg. nature vs. man made. It comes off consistently as if theres no end in sight. The colors are alittle better then some of the other brands eg. Bare Essentials Bare Minerals. The colors are too yellow or too pink for minorities or women of mixed race. Its Maybelline mineral makeup: that reads (first listed ingriedent) is GLASS if you pick the transulcent. Finale thought: I had received this from a friend who had purchased the wrong color. I told her I hated this stuff and throw it out of course so did my sister. Shes going back to Estee Lauder and doesn't like any mineral makeup out in the market. She says the spray air makeup like in the commericals is the hot item not mineral anymore. It gave some of my friends and myself a orange or too yellow color to our face. Hopefully you don't have very pale, olive, mixed race, or very dark skin, or else you will be disappointed.

April 23, 2008

I'm with McKchick - I wasn't too impressed with this product. After putting on concealer, foundation, and blush, this finshing veil felt very heavy. I generally wear all the above on a daily basis but I wouldn't add this product to my regime. I went with "light" and the colouring was too light compared to all the similar shade makeup in the line. I also didn't like the sponge applicator - too much product dispensed so hard to control how much you want to use.

This on its own is not bad. Handy for a mid-day touch up but I really don't need something else to carry around on a daily basis. So in my books, not something I'll use regularly and non essential.

April 20, 2008

I really wasn't crazy about this powder. I found that it goes on much thicker than most pressed powders. As a finishing touch over foundation it was WAY too much, making my face look cakey and make-upy. On its own it was ok, somewhere between a regular powder and a foundation, which could be good if that's what you're looking for I guess. I probably won't use much of this product and won't buy it again.

April 18, 2008

When it first arrived, I wasn't sure about an item called a "veil" but it really is amazing! I used it with the foundation and the blush and I found that it really set well, looked natural and I didn't have the mid-day shine I often get on my nose!

I actually got rid of my other powder and it is now my powder of choice!

indykat has posted in the forum topic
Stitches

KieliAnne earned the Beauty Expert badge

KieliAnne earned the Elite Reviewer badge

TessaO added a new review for
Oball - Grip & Play