NYX Highlight and Contour Pro Palette Reviews

Ranked #11 out of 286 in Bronzer

October 12, 2016

I really like this palette. I like that is has matte and shimmering options. I like a subtle contour and it definitely has that. Also I find it doesn't come off on things during the day.

September 16, 2016

the pros are that it's affordable and can accommodate different skin tones. I don't like hos powdery they are, it can make a mess. Many of the contour shades look muddy on my face. Test out before buying.

August 18, 2016

This was my first contour and highlight kit. Before I came upon this kit I just used bronzers and highlighters separately. I could never find the perfect contour color until I found the shade 'Sculpt' in this palette.
This Palette has 4 light shades across the top. The first from the left is 'Ice Queen' which is a frosty white highlight that is GORGEOUS on fair skin and stands out nicely. Next you have a very light, almost white, matte shade with a slight peachy undertone. This shade is called 'Soft Light', and is great for brightening the under eye or setting your concealer both under the eye and everywhere else you highlight with a light concealer. Third is the shade 'Cream' which is a matte banana powder, great for brightening under the eyes, it definitely doesn't look yellow once applied and blended, which is what you want! Finally, the 4th shade on the top is called 'Nectar'. This is another highlighter I think is meant for darker skin tones. The best way I can describe it is a neutral light brown with peach undertones, or vice versa. It is odefinitely more of a satin finish as compared to Ice Queen, which has a frosty finish.
Moving on to the bottom row, I would consider all these dark shades to be either cool toned or neutral, with the exception of the first shade I'm going to talk about, which could be considered slightly warm by some, but I would still call it neutral.
The first from the left is called 'Tan' and for me this is more of a bronzing shade as it has that ever so slight warm tone coming through. The next one is called 'Toffee' and is very cool toned. Toffee would be a great contour shade for people with medium to deep skin tones as its a cool brown based shade. Next is my magical contour shade 'Sculpt'. I don't know what I would do without it at this point! Sculpt has a very grey undertone which is perfect for fair skinned people and it actually still works for me with a tan, I just have to apply more of it. Finally we have the darkest shade in this palette called 'Hollow'. It's a beautiful deep neutral brown for beauties with medium to deep skin tones.
Honestly, due to the lack of very deep colors, this contour kit might not be the best choice for anyone with a very dark complexion because the contour shades might not be dark enough and the lighter shades on the top row, besides the shade Nectar (which would be a poppin highlight on dark skin) would probably be usless. If you have light to medium skin, I think you will love this kit. I've swatched all the shades and they blend like a dream, they're not chalky or too powdery and they're not drying for the skin. Another great feature is that the pans pop out of the palette. So if you favor certain shades and run out, you can just buy refills for those shades instead of buying an entirely new palette, which is a great money saver and very convenient. The palette is sturdy and the shade names are printed on the back. Overall it's one of my favorite purchases and I reach for it all the time!

August 11, 2016

The shades in this pallet for contouring and highlighting are so flattering on my fair skin and easy to blend. I purchased this on a whim because I ran out of my Kat Von D Shade Light pallet and I have to say that I am very happy with it. Sometimes I will get home from work and my make up will be melted off but this has not done that (so far).

July 05, 2016

I'm still not sure about this product...I find it very chalky and not very pigmented. I was so excited to buy it because I have heard so many good reviews...for that reason, I think I might have gotten a bad packaging...

The palette was 27$ at my local pharmacy Jean Coutu. I definitely will not purchase this product again but i'm still a fan of NYX products!!

May 09, 2016

I love this! I've tried cream contouring before but I always found it hard to blend on my dry skin. This powder is perfect. I can add it slowly until I get the shade I want and it's easy to blend. Some of the colors are too dark for my pale skin but that's too be expected. I would definitely recommend.

May 02, 2016

I found the NYX Highlight and Contour Pro Palette to be very useful for a contour newbie. Though the contour colors were a bit too dark for my skin tone, I still enjoy the palette. It was very blendable and i found it lasted most of the day. This is a great way to learn/start to contour your face.

April 20, 2016

I absolutely adore this highlight and contour palette! it comes in a variety of cool and warm shades, which is perfect for ANY skin tone! They apply so buttery and creamy, and are so easy to blend (they never look too patchy or cakey on the face). I am so pleasantly surprised with this product, and it is also super affordable for all of the pans that are included in the kit. You can also refill each individual pan!

April 02, 2016

NYX Highlight and Contour Pro Palette is really good. It is really easy to blend as it is in powdery form. It is not too heavy and looks so natural on you. I think it is good for all skin shades.

April 02, 2016

This is the first contour palette I purchased and I am very impressed. The colours blended so well and really complimented my complexion. I didn't mind the texture of the colours and I found it very easy to apply.