Astro Balkan Style Original Natural Yogurt 6%

Astro Balkan Style Original Natural Yogurt 6% Reviews

Ranked #21 out of 318 in Yogurt

June 16, 2017

I always have this in my fridge.

I've made homemade yogurt before and the recipe I used mentioned using Astro Balkan Style as a starter. The homemade yogurt was great but when I tasted the Astro it tasted exactly the same! Needless to say, although it was fun making it, I realized I didn't need to and just bought Astro Balkan Style ever since. It's also one of the purest plain yogurts.

I also never liked plain yogurt until this one. I began by putting in a sliced banana for sweetness but now I love it so much I don't have to put anything in it if I don't want to.

June 12, 2017

Its a staple in my fridge. I use it in replace of sour cream for nachos & dip for pirogies. I used to make my own yogurt but find it was too much and I didn't want any to go to waste. Many grocers sell at a great price especially Walmart & goes on sale often at Food Basics.

May 25, 2017

This has been my favourite go to yogurt for my baby since he started on solids. It is healthy, high fat and low sugar which is exactly what I was looking for. Mixed with some pureed fruit and it's a perfect part of breakfast for my baby!

May 02, 2017

This is my go-to yogurt. I always by the plain Balken style because I am not into all of the sugars and fillers in some of the low fat diet options. I use this in place of sour cream, in smoothies, or put fruit on top or drizzle honey. Great price and value and I love that I know I'm getting the additional health benefits.

April 13, 2017

This yogurt is great value especially when it goes on sale for $1.99. We will pick up 6 tubs at a time. I use it as a marinade, as a base for dips as well as in a parfait. We love the creaminess and thick texture of this yogurt, and it's much cheaper than greek style yogurt.

March 15, 2017

Je ne peux pas m'empecher de passer a travers le pot quand j'ouvre celui-ci. Il est super cremeux et possede un gout doux et delicieux. Il est egalement merveilleux a mettre dans la cuisine.

March 13, 2017

I just love the thickness of this yogurt. I have used this in dips too because it is. Really gives it a zip like no other. I have to say I bought this accidentally really but I just loved the overall taste.

March 06, 2017

Lately I've been experimenting with yogurt and have came up with a couple of options. I love the Astro Balkan Style Original Natural Yogurt because it's plain. Instead of using mayonnaise on tuna sandwiches, I've substituted it with this yogurt and it's a much healthier option. I did the same with salad dressing and it works great. Great price and healthier!

January 06, 2017

We love this yogurt that tastes almost like sour cream - we use it as a substitute all the time. Creamy and smooth and it is easy to find on sale quite often.

November 09, 2016

I have lost 20 lbs. this year - ok, very slowly... but Astro Balkan Style Original Natural Yogurt 6% has really helped with keeping it off! When I feel the munchies, I grab a cup of this yogurt, some honey and frozen berries, a dash of ground golden flax and I have a delicious parfait. On good days when I need to reward myself I add toasted pecans. I make a lot of curries and Astro Balkan Style Original Natural Yogurt 6% is wonderful, doesn't curdle and really compliments the spicy tomato bases and cilantro-coriander-cumin spices.