AVEENO Cracked Skin Relief CICA Ointment Reviews

AVEENO® Cracked Skin Relief CICA Ointment locks in moisture for 24 hours to help protect cracked, dry skin. This rich formula provides a protective layer to help heal dry skin and reduce the loss of moisture.

L’onguent CICA Aveeno® Soin de la peau craquelée maintient l’hydratation pendant 24 heures et aide à protéger la peau sèche et craquelée. Sa formule riche procure une couche protectrice pour favoriser la cicatrisation de la peau sèche et réduire la perte d’hydratation cutanée.

You may also enjoy AVEENO Cracked Skin Relief CICA Balm

April 15, 2019

My hands are so soft!

This product works amazingly well. My knuckles have been pretty dry with some redness all winter, and despite using lotion a couple times a day, I wash my hands too much to keep on top of it.

Then this ointment came into my life and has possibly changed everything. After using it just three times I noticed a huge difference in my skin, and having used it multiple times now, I'm not sure my hands have ever felt softer.

The applicator is great for specifically targeting the driest areas of your skin. It feels a bit greasy when you first apply it, but it seems to absorb fairly quickly.

I haven't tried it on my feet yet, but I am going to start in preparation for my vacation in a few weeks. I think this will be a go to for me, especially in the winter.

#gotitfree

April 14, 2019

More than just another petroleum jelly!

Let me start off by saying, “This stuff works!” My cuticles and toes have cracks because I’m stubborn and rarely wore gloves this winter and am horrible at applying hand cream throughout the day. My cuticles were cracked and really painful. I started using this ointment daily before bed and I noticed after about a week’s use, my cuticles were looking better and my toes were healing. The ointment replaced my dry, cracked and angry skin with soft, smooth and happy skin, that no longer hurts or bugs me throughout the day. I enjoy the accurate precision tip as it helped me to target the detailed areas I needed without any mess. I also convinced my sister to try this ointment on her eczema and it helped her immensely! I would highly recommend Aveeno Cracked Skin Relief Ointment to anyone that has dry, or cracked, skin. I received the Aveeno Cracked Skin Relief CICA Ointment from Chickadvisor for free in exchange for my honest review.

Miracle ointment!!

This ointment is amazing! Hands down! I work in the medical industry, so I’m constantly washing my hands and applying hand sanitizer, and also suffer from eczema, so needless to say my hands are cracked and dry. I apply this ointment before bed on the troubled areas on my hands and the next morning my hands are smooth and have no cracks on them!
    I love that it’s scent free and not super greasy feeling, also that it’s fast acting.

Updated On: April 14, 2019

#gotitfree

April 14, 2019

Works well with cracked hands

Aveeno's Cracked Skin Relief Cica ointment does help with those dry cracks you get on your hands and fee during the winter. The product is pretty much fragrance free, which is amazing! I also really like the idea of the applicator. The applicator allows you to target the ointment to the crack where it will do the most good. The other benefit to the applicator is that it limits how much of the ointment you actually apply. The product, while effective, does leave your skin with a greasy feeling for about 5 minutes after application. If you accidentally put too much ointment on, you really notice that greasy or 'slide-y' feeling; the applicator helps to prevent that. The lack of scent, its ability to provide moisture to my skin, and the applicator are all benefits to this product. The greasy feeling is a drawback. I would still recommend the product if you had really cracked hands though, because it does help. #gotitfree

This applicator is everything

I received the Aveeno Dry and Cracked Skin Ointment free from Aveeno and Chick Advisor to review. I was really happy with this product and it was different than I expected. I was imagining more of a cream, but this is truly an ointment in that is is fairly clear, somewhat thick and sinks into the skin well. I would compare it to a vitamin E ointment texture.

This would work well for people with serious, deep cracks on their feet and hands/joints. The applicator is the best part of the product, it is a little nub with a very small opening for the product to come out - and you need a fair amount of squeezing to get product out so you will NEVER use more than necessary, which is awesome. The product comes out in small amounts and you can always add more if needed, but I have found a small amount goes a long way.

At the time I received this product, I did not have any deep cracks, but my boyfriend had some angry, red knuckles on both hands from working with water all day and getting dried out. This ointment really helped and we noticed the redness and scaling went away too. I also used this on my cuticles, where there were some nasty cuts from dry skin and peeling and noticed they were drastically improved over the week I used it.

The texture is a little bit sticky but sinks in and dries pretty well. I would not say it is greasy like most ointments. Overall, I really like this product and have told my mom to go out and buy some since she will be going on vacation and doing a lot of walking and usually comes home with cracked feet.

Personally, I liked the Balm a little better for overall use, but this is great for the deeper cracks in the skin that are really painful.

Loved it

This is wonderful for on the spot relief. It is a small size so fits nicely in your purse. It is super effective and I love the applicator. Perfect for small area problems or super cracked skin. I seriously recommend this.

Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada

Very effective

Aveeno cracked skin relief cica ointment is great for targeting especially cracked areas. It soothes immediately and creates a barrier to keep moisture in. A little goes a LONG way. The only thing i didn't like was the greasiness. I have been using it on my hands and with two cats I've found it hard to keep fur from sticking to my fingers. But overall an effective product!

2.0/5

Aveeno CICA Ointment Not Worth It

I got this product totally free in exchange for a review from Chickadvisor and I absolutely hate it.
    The applicator tip is really useless.
    Not sure if it was just mine or what but I hurt myself trying to get it out of the bottle.
    It has no scent so I guess that's good if you're looking for that.
    So greasy...essentially its vaseline with a different name.
    Really disappointed and I definitely will not spend my money on this.

April 14, 2019

Ointment that works to moisturize and protect cracked skin!

I was lucky to try the Aveeno Cracked Skin Relief CICA Ointment as part of Chickadvisor Product Club. I have very dry skin & cracked heels and knuckles in winter time - so dry where I get itchiness if the lotion doesn't moisturizes well in those areas. This is the first time where I have used an ointment with a brush, which seems more hygenic to me (where you aren't directly using your fingers to apply the product). I applied the ointment on my cracked heels (I would wear socks after the ointment to seal it in) and knuckles and it did a good job in protecting and I noticed that it is gradually healing those areas over a few days. Overall, I would recommend the ointment for friends who are suffering like me - with cracked skin.

April 13, 2019

i will definitely be buying this again! for home and office!

Got it free. I love this oitment! its amazing. I keep it at the office. My fingers right next to my nails always crack and this ointment was a lifesaver. I applied it a few times and really started noticing a big difference. Its practical and doesn't feel greasy or sticky. i would definitely recommend this Aveeno product to anyone who has the same problem with the cracking near the nails. Its truly awesome and really works!