4.1/5
Prestige Item
Clarins Water Lip Stain Reviews

A formula rich in active plant ingredients, an ultra-sensory lip tint and all of Clarins’ expertise in color, concentrated in new-generation lip make-up: customizable and long-wearing color, for a kiss-proof matte finish and a barely-there feel. Lips look natural, seemingly tattooed with color like an ink.

Une formule gorgée d’actifs végétaux, une texture eau ultra-sensorielle et toute l’expertise couleur Clarins concentrées dans une nouvelle génération de maquillage pour les lèvres : résultat couleur modulable et haute tenue, pour un fini mat kiss-proof et sans effet matière. Comme avec une encre à lèvres, votre bouche est visiblement nue, tatouée par la couleur.

Shades / Teintes :
  • 05 - Sparkling Rose Water
  • 06 - Sparkling Red Water
  • 07 - Sparkling Violet Water

August 23, 2019

Buildable colour that feels light when worn

This water lip stain goes on kind of like a watery gel substance and takes a little time to dry. I put one layer on and it was a nice tint but not too bright. I could add more layers to build a deeper colour if I wanted to. I received shade 01 in my gift bag at Chick Advisor’s cinq a sept event, for free!

Nice and light!

This little water lip stain surprised me! A little goes a long way for sure and it has a nice subtle colour to it that lasts multiple hours. I have the colour in 04 Violet Water and I think it’s the perfect pink colour that I normally like to wear. I use the brush to apply it and then I use my own lip brush to spread it easier. It is really lightweight so you forget that you are even wearing it. I really like how the ingredients contain active plant ingredients too. I think I am going to be using this every day now for a bit!

August 23, 2019

A little goes a long way!

This seems like a really natural product. The raspberry extract makes this stain so delicious and pleasant to apply. The colour it leaves on your lips is beyond fresh and summery. I have the pink rose shade and it just screams spring/summer! I enjoy the brush applicator and sleek packaging. The shades available are also quite diverse.

Stain-alive

I really like the subtle effect of the Clarins water lip stain. It stayed on all evening even through eating and drinking. Has lovely smell to it and super lightweight feel. I went with the red and am really pleased with that choice.

Colour Lasts

I've happy with this product. Applying it can be hard, it doesn't go on evenly. But once it's on it stays for some time. The colour I picked isn't a colour (Rose Water) I would normally purchase, but its fun and works for different occasions, not so much for everyday. The taste of the lip stain is a nice feature.

August 22, 2019

BEST LIP STAIN EVER! HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

I am so impressed with Clarins Lip Stain that I am going to buy it in other colours. The product has surpassed my expectations and it is nothing compared to the other lip stains I own. About the stain, it is lightweight, highly pigmented and long-lasting. It stays on for upto 5 hours and somewhat faints after a meal and a drink. I have it in a red variant, I also use it on my cheeks for a nice flush of natural-looking blush. Apart from it, the product smells divine and comes in a small handy packaging which can easily fit in a pocket. I definitely recommend this product to those who are on a lookout for great lip stains.

Updated On: August 22, 2019

I got the product during the Cinq a Sept event.

Love this lipstain

Great lipstain by Clarins, when I apply it my lips feel nourish and soft. It smells great and feels very luxurious when applying it. I love that it stay on for a long time, and gives your lips that natural plumpness.

I got this item free from the ChickAdvisor event.

Beautiful lip colour

I am a fan of lipstick, and have never really ventured out into liquid lipsticks or even lip stains. After testing this one out, I realized a new found interest! It does not weigh down my lips at all, and as it is a stain, I do not have to worry about it getting transffered onto anything.

August 21, 2019

Very promising

I love clarins lip stains as they ar wreallt promising! I own every shade except the orange because it does not look good on me. It is very long lasting and surprisingly hydrating as well.

August 21, 2019

My first lipstain I tried and it's good

I got this product from Chickadvisor's Cinq A Sept event. I have never really tried lipstains so this was an interesting experience. I got the violet water stain. It goes on easily although it tends to spread a little because of the type of applicator. It requires multiple applications to make it dark but that could be a plus as you can customize the colour. The other thing I find is it can dehydrate lips so having a lip balm underneath helps. Overall a good product. I am just not sure if it's better than lipstick. The ingredients are more natural so it could be good although i feel a little burn on my lips.