4.1/5
Prestige Item
Clarins Water Lip Stain Reviews

A formula rich in active plant ingredients, an ultra-sensory lip tint and all of Clarins’ expertise in color, concentrated in new-generation lip make-up: customizable and long-wearing color, for a kiss-proof matte finish and a barely-there feel. Lips look natural, seemingly tattooed with color like an ink.

Une formule gorgée d’actifs végétaux, une texture eau ultra-sensorielle et toute l’expertise couleur Clarins concentrées dans une nouvelle génération de maquillage pour les lèvres : résultat couleur modulable et haute tenue, pour un fini mat kiss-proof et sans effet matière. Comme avec une encre à lèvres, votre bouche est visiblement nue, tatouée par la couleur.

Shades / Teintes :
  • 06 - Sparkling Red Water
  • 07 - Sparkling Violet Water
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2020

Stains that last

Clarins Water Lip Stain was part of my goody bag at the ChickAdvisor Cinq a Sept Event in Toronto at the Bisha Hotel. We were able to sample at the event and we had the opportunity to choose between two colours in an email. I chose the Rose Water - water lip stain and like many I found the applicator a bit complicated so I used a different brush I had on hand. The colour lasts a long time, stays in place and I apply a gloss on top to keep lips moist. I would recommend and I feel this product can go a long way so the cost which seems high isn't that much in the end if you like and use it up.

It's ok, but pricey.

I received the Rose Lip Stain as part of a promotion for my honest review. I had picked this colour thinking that it would be a little more mauve and less bright pink. Well, it turned out to be still too much bright pink for me.

The stain is effective. It's very slippery when you first put it on, so be careful if you are the type to rub your lips together after applying a lippie.

As for the price point, I believe that it's too high for the amount of product in the tube.

2.7/5

Stained lips

I received the rose water stain. Thought it sounded like a good idea until I tried it. It has a nice taste but a little runnier than expected. When it dried it looked like you had finished having red lips from a popsicle.

2.7/5

August 29, 2019

The stain lasts long time. I found it messy as it went over my lips and on to my skin which was difficult to remove. It was not a product I would use
    I do not think I would recommend it to others

Not my favourite.

The colour I got is called Rose and I didn't know it would be as bright as it is. I found it felt dry shortly after application. I'd need to wear a lip balm on top of it. The smell is great, similar to a candy. The bottle is cute and is a good size for a purse or pocket. However, I wouldn't purchase this product because I prefer a glossy finish.

1.0/5

Patchy

I received this product free to review from chickadvisor at the #cinqasept event. I received this lip stain in the shade of violet water. The packaging is very cute and compact however the applicator looks like a nail polish brush and it isn't efficient enough to put on your lips. This product is definitely a stain, but the stain does go on very patchy. I would not recommend this product to my friends are family.

Beautiful lips

Easy to apply this lip stain strays on all day long which is amazing and you don't have to worry, you can eat, drink and even steal a kiss☺ from your special someone and it still on no worries, it has a pleasant and sweet taste when applying definitely in love with it.

So cool!

This is such a unique product, can't believe I've never heard of or seen it before! I like this kind of product when I want to look a bit casual and don't want to worry about touching up my makeup. Often times lip stains can be a bit drying, but this is not at all. It leaves a natural looking, long lasting color on your lips without feeling like you have anything on your lips.

**I received this product free of charge from the ChickAdvisor Cinq a Sept event**

August 29, 2019

Great stain for any season

Clarins products are incredible. I have always wanted to try a liquid lipstain. The color is gorgeous, the stain is a perfect base for an extra gloss on top or if you like me, a bold lipstick. #igotitfree #chickadvisorcinqasept #clarins

Love it!

This is probably my favouite product I received at the Cinq a Sept event. I'm a girl who loves lipstick, but is terrible at reapplying. I'm also a girl that loves to eat and therefore, needs to reapply often.
    This stain lasted all day, through coffee and breakfast. It only needed to be touched up after a slightly oily lunch (grilled cheese).
    I'll be picking up more colours of this one.