Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey Reviews

Clinique Almost Lipstick - Black Honey. Not quite lipstick, not quite lip gloss but works like a little of each. Looks sleek, moist. Sheer non-stain shades....

August 14, 2017

Nice product!!

I really was surprised the first time that i used this product. I was a little nervous because I am not one to a) wear dark colors b) wear anything in the red family. But when I tried this on it went on smooth and light in color. This is great color for fall and goof for either day or night!!

August 14, 2017

Nice lipstick for a subtle look

I recently received Almost Lipstick in Black Honey as part of a gift with purchase from Clinique. I was initially hesitant to choose it as my free gift with purchase as it looks so dark, but then I read it goes on sheer. It really does go on sheer and doesn't come out dark at all. It adds a nice hint of colours to my lips. I think it's a great lipstick for a subtle look. It goes on smooth and doesn't dry out my lips. One of the downsides is it doesn't stay on for very long.

August 13, 2017

A nice sheer lipcolor that looks different on everyone.

I have to say as a fan of natural looking makeup I absolutely love Clinique Black Honey almost Lipstick. If you like a full coverage lipstick than this is definitely not for you. It goes on sheer and has a slight glossy look and feel like a lip gloss but gives a slight natural tint to your list which enhances your own lip color. That is why Clinique Black Honey is so unique to the wearer. Because of this I believe it would work well on all skin tones. The color is buildable so when I want the color to be more noticeable I add two or three layers. Although it doesn't have the greatest staying power I really like how it fades naturally and how it leaves my lips feeling moisturized. It also comes in a thin, sleek tube which I like cause I find application is easier and more natural. The only thing I don't like is when you get to the bottom of the tube the stick breaks off and tilts (at least for me) and I don't want to waste it so I have to put it in a little container so I can use the rest. As soon as I finished my first tube I repurchased another. It's hard to believe this little gem has been around from the seventies and I'm only finding out about it now. It will definitely be a staple in my makeup bag and hopefully it stays on the market for years to come.

March 28, 2017

I love this lipstick! Applies like a gloss and the colour is awesome. Looks dark in the tube but goes on sheer. Doesn't have a lot of staying power though so you have to re apply often so that is the only down fall. I.love that it doesn't dry out my lips or feel sticky when applied.

January 12, 2017

Just bought this product yesterday and I love it!!! Sheer color and a beautiful color at that, I used it with cliniques black honey lipliner and it looks great! on every skintone.

September 29, 2016

This is a makeup staple! I have very fair skin however it contains yellow tones and it looks great on me. It's provides a nice wash of colour that isn't heavy looking like a matte lipstick but isn't glossy like a lipgloss, its like a tinted lip balm but tinted enough you can actually see it. There is zero fragrance however I wouldn't mind if it did. I wish it did leave a tint behind because it needs to be reapplied more often than not. It's a great product for lazy days when you don't want to commit yourself to doing an hour of makeup but still want some color. This is a color that looks different on everyone's lips as pigmentation in lips varies from person to person, but it works well with every skintone. It's a bit pricey at $18 for a tube but its a great color so for that I will continue to buy it.

August 01, 2016

This is my go-to lipstick for the day or the night! It shows up a little bit differently on everyone and that is what makes it so great. I always keep this in my purse for a quick touch up.

June 08, 2016

I first received this as a sample from Clinique many, many years ago. I have been buying it ever since. It is my everyday lipstick. I like that it goes on sheer and makes my lips feel soft. I know other women who wear it and it compliments all of our skin tones. The slim packaging makes it easy to carry around for quick touch-ups.

February 11, 2015

This is a great combo of both lipstick and lip balm. It adds a darker tint to the lips without being too overpowering and doesn't dry them out. It also helps that there is no added fragrance in this formula.

September 13, 2014

I love the concept of having a sheer, natural, workable lipstick and while I like the colour, I'm not in love with it. Its kind of a berry shade and a little too pink for my taste and I don't think that its really a shade that would look good on everyone so try it out first before buying it. However, I do think for the general public most girls would probably dig it. I would be really interested to see them come out with other neutral shades, since one huge bonus of this lipstick is how good it feels on. I'm someone who doesn't normally like the sticky feeling of lipgloss or the dry feeling some lipsticks have so I'm happy with the feeling of black honey on.