Prestige Item
Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm Reviews

February 10, 2019

Balm

I received a small sample with my Clinique order. I was skeptic all at first. You only need a small amount, then rub between your hands to warm up and apply to face. Give yourself a mini facial. And wash with warm water. Washes off easily, leaving your skin soft.

February 06, 2019

My new BFF

I initially got a small sample of this balm in one of my Sephora orders. Clinique is a brand that I've always been aware of, but was not really on my radar. I was SO happy that my eyes were opened to this amazing product! All you need is literally a quarter sized scoop of this and rub it into your hands to create an oil. Rub it all over your face and watch ALL of your makeup melt away! This works especially well on waterproof makeup as well as stay put lipsticks! After I rinse this off, I normally follow with my cleanser as I find the balm leaves my skin just a tad greasy. I have since purchased 3 of these full size, and even keep a mini in my purse for just in case!

January 21, 2019

Obsessed with this

OMG this stuff its freaking amazing I love it i legit put it on my my hand to test it at first and I my hand felt so good if I could use it for a hand moisturizer I would but it’s just amazing that’s all I can say

November 28, 2018

My new go to

My daughter and I just bought this product and really love it. You only need a small amount and it removes your entire face of makeup, even waterproof mascara. So happy we bought it

September 22, 2018

Super convenient and makes removing makeup easy,

I use this on nights that I'm too lazy to wash my face, as I can just do it in bed with a washcloth! This is the first cleansing balm I've owned and it took a bit of getting used too but it was so worth it and I don't think I'll be switching back to my usual foam/bar cleansers for a long time.

July 31, 2018

works great!

The Clinique take the day off balm is a staple in my skincare / make up routine. I trust it to remove all of my makeup without being harsh or irritating my skin. It is smooth without being too greasy and effectively takes off my makeup, including stubborn waterproof lipsticks and mascaras. I use my regular cleanser after using the balm and my skin feels fresh and super clean. My only issue with this product is that it is not cruelty free so I never actually purchase it and only use it when given to me as a gift.

July 17, 2018
    Kentucky, United States

It Takes the Day...Off!

I don't know about you, but I have been searching for a makeup remover that doesn't leave my skin feeling oily after I clean my makeup off. Clinique's Take the Day off Cleansing Balm melts into a luxurious oil that removes all of your makeup, including waterproof mascara and it does not leave behind a film or residue after rinsing. Instead, your skin is smooth to the touch. I love the amount of product you receive for the price and how good I feel after using it. This is one of my all time favorite makeup cleansers and I cannot wait to use it at the end of the day!

July 11, 2018
    Texas, United States

Great makeup remover

I have been using this product for a couple of months and have gone through 2 full size jars. It’s excellent at removing any heavy makeup and it doesn’t dry out my skin. It’s a balm that turns into an oil on skin contact and then, once you rinse it off your face with water, it becomes a milky consistency. It has never broken me out and has become a staple in my skincare routine. Definitely a must-try if you haven’t already, you’ll be sure to love it!

May 23, 2018
    California, United States

Amazing Makeup Remover EVERRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

The BEST makeup remover! It really does live up to the hype. The $30 dollar jar will last you foreverrrrr since you only need a bit more than a pea-sized amount to clean your face. Usually I use this then follow up with a second cleanser, but if I'm feeling super lazy I'll just use this- I think it does a good enough job on its own. Make sure to rub it between your hands and get it oily before using it. Only downside is that sometimes the oil gets into your eyes and makes your vision cloudy, but just make sure to wipe using a wash cloth then wash off the remainder and you should be good. It's so satisfying rubbing this into your face and watching your makeup disappear.

April 26, 2018

Bye bye stained eyes!

I am a 27 year old female with combination, sensitive and acne prone skin. I started researching double cleansing as a way to really ensure my skin was prepped for serums and exfoliation. I looked at a ton of Korean brands, and some Western options as well, but everything I researched had so many ingredients and irritants and were packed full of fragrance. I was pleasantly surprised when I stumbled upon Cliniques Take the Day Off cleansing balm. I’ve had some issues with Clinique in the past due to high alcohol and fragrance content. This product is fragrance free, alcohol free and irritant free. The texture is amazing; the balm emulsifies so smooth and yet still so rich. My sunscreen and makeup, including mascara, melt right off. When I rinse my face there is very little residue left over considering the oily consistency. The balm cost me about $38 at Sephora, and honestly the jar will probably last a solid 6 months with how little you need to use. I also love the traditional Clinique packaging; it just looks so clean to me. I will 100% repurchase and continue to use this product. It’s changed my cleanse for the best.