Prestige Item
Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser Reviews

Philosophy Purity Made Simple is a ph-balanced formula that rapidly dissolves dirt and makeup while deep cleaning pores. The best-selling cleanser contains infusions of sage, chamomile, and carrot.

1.2/5

May 31, 2019
    New Jersey, United States

Not a good match

I have sensitive skin and this face wash did not work for me. It left my skin irritated. I’m not really sure what it was in it. It is a creamy cleanser. I didn’t feel like my face was fresh and clean after using it. I tried it a few times years apart just in case it was a fluke.It was reoccurring. I did not have a good experience with this one.

1.8/5

May 03, 2019

over hyped

For years and years I've heard great things about this cleanser. I finally bought a bottle. I was so disappointed. Made my forehead dry, doesn't remove all of my makeup, face didn't feel like it had a deep clean and smells like rubbing alcohol.

April 24, 2019

Amazing cleanser

This is exactly as the name says - simple. This cleanser is a very basic everyday cleanser that makes your skin feel fresh, clean but moisturized. Amazing value. Huge bottle for a great price. Highly recommend for any skin type. I have very sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate my skin at all (Psoriasis & eczema).

April 04, 2019

Repurchased 3 times already!

My face feels clean and all my makeup comes off so easily, AND this is the one cleanser that my face feels fresh and moisturized after each and every use! Best moisturizing cleanser I have ever used.

March 23, 2019

Love this cleanser

I got this cleanser at Sephora after a recommendation from a rep for the company. It is a lovely cleanser and I really love it! I keeps my face soft, clean, and smooth. If I had to complain about one thing, it would be how expensive it is. I would love to continue to purchase it but not sure I would be able to afford it. You only need less a dime size amount for your whole face. Love this product!!!

March 23, 2019

Nice cleanser

I was skeptical for purchasing this cleanser because I was worried for it to break out my skin. Glad I did because it left my skin very soft, smooth, and clean feeling without being overly stripping. lOVE THIS CLEANSER VERY MUCH! Recommend buying!

March 19, 2019

Gentle, but effective

I have sensitive, combination, acne prone skin, and I find it hard to get a face wash that doesn't upset it in one way or another, while still actually cleansing and removing makeup residue. This is that product.
    It doesn't irritate, cause breakouts, or strip all of the moisture from my skin. And it actually removes makeup!
    My only complaints are the price, and I don't love the scent (sort of antiseptic smelling?), but it's worth it.

February 25, 2019

Wife likes it

My wife uses this cleanser almost every day. it is simple and smells great, does its job without additional add ons. We as a family like philosophy brand in general and this product in particular.

February 14, 2019

Holy Grail Cleanser!

Though I switch it up regularly with my cleansers, I ALWAYS have this stuff on hand. It is a no fail product. Full face of make up? Takes it all off without a doubt!
    I use this for everything - including cleaning my make up brushes. Does wonders and I know I won't break out from it.
    The ONLY thing I will complain about is the smell... not a huge fan, but it won't stop me from being a repeat customer!

January 25, 2019

Perfect facewash

This is the most gentle facewash I have ever used. I use it daily to remove my makeup and cleanse my face and it always washes away all my makeup from the day without irritating my skin. I used this for a while and cleared up my skin. Love this cleanser.