Prestige Item
Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser Reviews

Philosophy Purity Made Simple is a ph-balanced formula that rapidly dissolves dirt and makeup while deep cleaning pores. The best-selling cleanser contains infusions of sage, chamomile, and carrot.

September 08, 2019
    South Carolina, United States

I like it

This is definitely a higher end brand, not drug store and I would say quality wise it is the same level. Claims to do two jobs equally and take off all make up and cleanse the skin. I would have to disagree. I use some type of make up remover and THEN use the Philosophy cleanser. I recommend this method instead of just relying on it to do both, unfortunately. But it is a very good cleanser. Pleasant light airy smell also. Very nice.

September 08, 2019

Extremely good value

For a brand that's higher end than drugstore brands, this facial cleanser is great quality for its price. The cleanser is extremely gentle and has a nice clean smell to it. I pair it with my face wash cleansing machine.

Although it says that it is a 3 step in 1 cleanser, I would not trust it to fully remove all my makeup. I've tried washing my face with just this cleanser but I noticed that my under eye concealer had not come fully off. I would highly recommend that you still use a makeup remover prior to using this cleanser. Think of this cleanser as a "one last makeup removing assistant" rather than a replacement to your makeup remover.

One last minor thing that I do not like about this product is its packaging. I would rather it come in a bottle with a pump rather than the twist bottle. It is annoying when you've used half a bottle and you have to turn it upside down and wait til the cleanser runs down to the bottle opening to get anything out. I personally poured all of this cleanser in a pump bottle from an old cleanser (another brand) to solve this issue but I would really prefer it if they change the packaging to be more user friendly.

August 30, 2019
    Saskatchewan, Canada

Skincare game changer!

Instant results on my combination skin! Deep cleaning on the oils in my Tzone. Does not dry out skin, or leave it oily. The perfect balance. Lovely, delicate and clean scent is refreshing. I will purchase this again and again.

August 28, 2019

Cleans away oil and makeup!

I love this facial cleanser. It literally removes all of your make up the oils from your face it leaves your face feeling clean and fresh and smooth. You don’t even need a lot just a little tiny amount and it goes such a far way. You noticed clear skin immediately and your skin looks nice and fresh healthy and glowing I highly recommend this product if you want nice smooth skin.

August 05, 2019

Face cleanser

I started using this a year ago, it takes off all my Makeup and makes my face feel clean and healthy. You only need a dime size and it lasts for months.

July 04, 2019

Amazing, multiple purpose, and gentle

Love this product. I use it to take off my makeup, cleanse my face, and watch my makeup brushes. It's gentle and tough at the same time.

I have eyes that can be irritated easily but this stuff is ok for me to remove my makeup. Love love love

June 30, 2019
    Indiana, United States

Love it!!

I like that this face cleanser is gentle on the skin. However, it still gets your face clean, removing all traces of makeup. I have been using it for a couple years now and plan on continuing to use it.

1.2/5

May 31, 2019
    New Jersey, United States

Not a good match

I have sensitive skin and this face wash did not work for me. It left my skin irritated. I’m not really sure what it was in it. It is a creamy cleanser. I didn’t feel like my face was fresh and clean after using it. I tried it a few times years apart just in case it was a fluke.It was reoccurring. I did not have a good experience with this one.

1.8/5

May 03, 2019

over hyped

For years and years I've heard great things about this cleanser. I finally bought a bottle. I was so disappointed. Made my forehead dry, doesn't remove all of my makeup, face didn't feel like it had a deep clean and smells like rubbing alcohol.

April 24, 2019

Amazing cleanser

This is exactly as the name says - simple. This cleanser is a very basic everyday cleanser that makes your skin feel fresh, clean but moisturized. Amazing value. Huge bottle for a great price. Highly recommend for any skin type. I have very sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate my skin at all (Psoriasis & eczema).