Prestige Item
Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser Reviews

Philosophy Purity Made Simple is a ph-balanced formula that rapidly dissolves dirt and makeup while deep cleaning pores. The best-selling cleanser contains infusions of sage, chamomile, and carrot.

October 20, 2020

Leaves the skin feeling so soft!

This cleanser has an herbal scent and it doesn’t foam up, just kind of squished around a bit but it does leave the skin feeling oh so soft, removes makeup including eye makeup. I really love it as a one step cleanser!

October 20, 2020

Very effective .

My friend gifted me this cleanser and it’s awesome . I can see how clean my skin gets after using it. I’m so happy with it ! Will definitely buy more when I finish this one . :)

October 05, 2020

A facial cleanser I always steer back to

I've repurchased this cleanser multiple times over again, even after trying many other cleansers. It's gentle, effective with removing makeup, and not over drying. A bottle lasts a looooooong time too.

April 30, 2020

A basic cleanser that works really well

I have been using retin-a for a few years for my hormonal acne which makes my skin really dry. I found this when I was looking for a basic cleanser that cleans my skin well without stripping it completely and this does just that. I have been using it for at least 4 years now and don't see myself ever stopping.
    It is more creamy than foaming, though it does lather and either has no scent or it is so mild that I have never noticed it.

April 21, 2020

Cleans face

I got this small bottle and used it for a month. It didn't breakout my skin which is good and doesn't smell anything either which is a plus point because I got sensitive sense of smell. It just didn't give any amazing results that's why it's only a 4. But does its job, cleans your skin. One time I forgot to remove my CC cream, and washed my face with this right away. It did removed like 90% of the makeup which is a surprise. I recommend you guys to try this!

January 22, 2020

My all time favourite cleanser

I have used this cleanser over and over and I will never go back. This cleanser is wonderful for my sensitive skin and gets rid of dirt and makeup so gently without leaving my skin dry and super tight. I use about two medium bottles per year and also buy travel sizes for travelling. Highly recommend it!

October 02, 2019

You need to try this!!!

I received a sample of this and so glad I did because it is amazing!!! I was shocked at how well it worked. It melts away dirt, oil, and make up and tones & lightly hydrates all in one simple step!!

September 08, 2019
    South Carolina, United States

I like it

This is definitely a higher end brand, not drug store and I would say quality wise it is the same level. Claims to do two jobs equally and take off all make up and cleanse the skin. I would have to disagree. I use some type of make up remover and THEN use the Philosophy cleanser. I recommend this method instead of just relying on it to do both, unfortunately. But it is a very good cleanser. Pleasant light airy smell also. Very nice.

September 08, 2019

Extremely good value

For a brand that's higher end than drugstore brands, this facial cleanser is great quality for its price. The cleanser is extremely gentle and has a nice clean smell to it. I pair it with my face wash cleansing machine.

Although it says that it is a 3 step in 1 cleanser, I would not trust it to fully remove all my makeup. I've tried washing my face with just this cleanser but I noticed that my under eye concealer had not come fully off. I would highly recommend that you still use a makeup remover prior to using this cleanser. Think of this cleanser as a "one last makeup removing assistant" rather than a replacement to your makeup remover.

One last minor thing that I do not like about this product is its packaging. I would rather it come in a bottle with a pump rather than the twist bottle. It is annoying when you've used half a bottle and you have to turn it upside down and wait til the cleanser runs down to the bottle opening to get anything out. I personally poured all of this cleanser in a pump bottle from an old cleanser (another brand) to solve this issue but I would really prefer it if they change the packaging to be more user friendly.

August 30, 2019
    Saskatchewan, Canada

Skincare game changer!

Instant results on my combination skin! Deep cleaning on the oils in my Tzone. Does not dry out skin, or leave it oily. The perfect balance. Lovely, delicate and clean scent is refreshing. I will purchase this again and again.