Prestige Item
Drunk Elephant LaLa Retro Whipped Cream Reviews

January 08, 2018

Hydrating without feeling heavy

I purchased this as part of The Littles kit which contained sample sizes of all the DE products prior to their newer releases (i.e. lip balm, new moisturizer, etc.). There was a lot of hype surrounding this product (and the brand in general), so I wanted to purchase a sample size before committing to the full size. It's safe to say that I can understand why everyone loves this moisturizer so much.

It's extremely hydrating without feeling overly heavy or sticky. I use it as part of my night time routine and love how quickly it sinks into the skin. As someone who has oily, acne-prone skin, I'm very impressed by how this has yet to break me out or make me look greasy in the morning. I also appreciate that this product is unscented!

I don't plan on repurchasing this once I'm finished with my sample, just because I have other moisturizers to go through and it would be one of the more expensive items in my skincare routine ($75CDN for 50mL).

December 04, 2017

This whipped my dry skin!

This product was so moisturizing. I ended up with allergic dermatitis on my upper & lower eyelids (not pretty ladies!). It was scaly & flaking skin for over a month. I got a sample of this gem and applied it sparingly to my eyelids. It did not irritate my eyes. In the morning though my scaly skin was almost gone. I'm certain that a few more days of using this & it'll be cleared up!

October 10, 2017

Overpriced

I got a deluxe sample of this when I ordered from Sephora a little while back. I love it but honestly the full price is WAY too expensive. I have super dry skin and it worked really well but I cannot see myself purchasing the full size when I've tried other moisturizers that work just as well and cost a fraction of the price.

September 20, 2017

Nice cream

I have been using this skincare line for the last 2 weeks. This cream has a nice luxurious texture, but I wouldn't call it "whipped". I love that this brand uses natural and non toxic ingredients and does not add fragrances or dyes. Because of that, I think it has a weird smell, similar to canola oil. It moisturizes well and absorbs quickly. I don't think it is particularly more effective than other moisturizers I've used, but the owner of this brand suggests using only their products so that you know you're getting the full benefit, and no toxic ingredients. I will likely repurchase if sephora has a sale.

August 22, 2017

Best face cream ever!

My friend introduced me to Drunk Elephant. Their stuff is quite pricey but their product quality makes up for that. This cream is one of the best I've tried, light and not heavy at all. Everyone must try!

August 18, 2017

Favorite Moisturizer for Dry Skin

This is one of the best face creams I have ever used. It is noncomedogenic, cruelty-free, and vegan. My skin is very dry and flaky because I use prescription Retin A for fine lines and Acne, This cream gives my skin a beautiful glow and my foundation looks better because of it. I lobe the Drunk Elephant brand because its is a supporter of IEF (International Elephant Foundation).

June 26, 2017

So moisturizing, and non greasy!

As someone with oily, acne prone skin, I've been afraid of most moisturizers all my life. This one, however, made me change my mind. Lala Retro Whipped Cream is just as good for oily skin as it is for dry! Although not oil free, it does not leave me skin feeling greasy, doesn't break me out, and locks in the moisture from my toners/essences or B-Hydra. Somewhat pricey, as most Drunk Elephant products are, but a little bit goes a long way, and the jar lasts for months!

June 14, 2017

Great product, overpriced

I got this as a free sample with a Sephora order.

I was really looking forward to trying this because the brand is so hyped.

Given that, I found that although it is a great product, it isn't better than products half it's price. I did love the thickness of it and how my skin felt after using, it wasn't greasy, it looked great. It didn't cause my sensitive skin to break out or turn red. I just found that I couldn't really tell a difference between how this made my skin feel and how my usual night cream made my skin feel. Based on that, I can't recommend it to people because the price point is just so high. If it was lower, I would possibly buy this product as it does have an amazing consistency.

2.7/5

June 13, 2017

Just a regular moisturizer

Product has great texture - very creamy and moisturizing. Good for sensitive skin. However, I did not find anything special about it. It says on the label that it has 6 rare African oils, must be why it is very expensive. I feel there's a lot of alternative moisturizers that work better at a cheaper price point.

June 09, 2017

I got this as a sample with a sephora order. It is AMAZING. it doesn't make my combination skin break out or make my skin splotchy. My face feels moisturized all day, and I've noticed a difference in my complexion since using it. It is expensive, but definitely worth it. I'll be buying a full sized one once I run out of my sample. A little goes a long way!