1.7/5
Fido Mobile Reviews
#87 in Cell Phones

December 08, 2019

Brand new broken phone

A total nightmare. I have a new iphone that doesn't work well but fido is demanding I bought months ago (I have the receipt and its on my account). After waiting on hold for what was hours, I was told different things by everyone I talked to. Bottom line is my phone is not working well and FIDO will do nothing. Horrible horrible customer service, bad product and the communication is the worst I've seen. It's a communications company!

0.8/5

December 06, 2019

Complete incompetence leads to CREDIT HIT

Got sent to collections over a bill I knew nothing about, website displayed $0.00 balance. Incompetent customer support, won't work with me to remove the falsified credit hit. Now have to bring Fido to court to get my credit back. Incompetent company, use PublicMobile instead.

September 10, 2019

Des voleurs

Ils m’ont chargé 12$+tx alors que j’étais en correspondance en France soit disant qu’un numéro français m’avait contactée. Ça n’a jamais été le cas, mon historique montre que je n’ai pas reçu d’appel. Je leur demande de me fournir le numéro qui m’a contacté mais ils étaient incapables de me le fournir. Arnaque comme pas possible. Ils donnent de fausses informations aux clients quand on les appelle. Quand je demande de m’envoyer de façon officielle avec leur mail l’information qu’ils m’ont donné,is en sont incapables. Perdez pas votre temps avec ces voleurs.

1.0/5

July 06, 2019

FIDO "roam like home" PRICE INCREASE without notice

I travel to the USA for work 10-15 days a month... So Fido "roam like home" sounded like an okay deal. $7 per day to use data. When I first signed on they told me Canada-US AND US-Canada calling was included no charge - only DATA usage cost $7 per day. That all worked fine... until it changed suddenly - without proper notice. Now any calls or texts or data all cost $7 a day.

MY BILL SKYROCKETS!

Condescending and rude FIDO "customer service" tells me the wording of the auto text they send each time I turn on my phone in the US had been changed accordingly, and that I should have read it more carefully.

Switching to TELUS.

April 03, 2019

Long Term Customer

I have been with Fido (5 lines) for 17 years now... phone customer service is ok, the phones are expensive and the plans are expensive, but there is good coverage. The price issue is the monopoly game played in Canada, it goes beyond the carrier itself, federal competition laws must change to make it better. I must say, Bell is the worst!!!

2.3/5

April 03, 2019
    California, United States

Credit check to add tablet line, WHAT?

Terrible. I signed up for a cell plan ($50/mon) about a month ago and just called to add a tablet plan to my account ($15/mon). I'm being told they have to run a credit check to add the line - last time I checked I wasn't in communist China or Russia so I'm not happy about this.

March 12, 2019

Worst service ever never ever go to fido save money go somee

Don’t go to fido rather then just send the people a telegram that would be awsome and would save you alot of money then buying device from fido and then getting problem from network and talking to customer service and then these guys make escuse for everything and blaming on you wooh fido thanks for service

January 30, 2019

Very Bad Experience with Fido

Hi, my name is Muralikrishna M. Here I want share my experience with Fido. I am a customer for the last 5 months. I thought Fido is an associate of Rogers, we can get a cheaper plant than Rogers. But I am having very bad experience with Fido. Very false, confused and meaningless billings. I talked to the Supervisor, Chelsea and office of President, Presila regarding this issue. They are very unprofessional. They don't have any respect for customers. When I question about my bill, Presila repeatedly said, you have options to leave Fido. This is only one example, I had 5 more similar kind of instances with Fido. Whenever I call them, getting the same treatment. They are charging more than Rogers and Bell. They have no patience while talking particularly Presila and Chelsea. When I upgraded my device, they confirmed, I will get my phone in 5 days but it was delayed for 20 days. They said, my old plan will be applied for that 20 days before I receive my phone but after I got it, they charged my new plan. I questioned the same with Presila(Office of President). Instead of solving it, she said, you have options to leave Fido. Customer service is very rude, unprofessional. Charges are very high every month. Please don't subscribe Fido. I will post my comments every month, please take a look.

January 27, 2019

Fido is horrible

Been a loyal customer for the past 15 years. I was offered a plan, which I spent a bit of time thinking about and when I called back was told offer expired and instead they wanted double for the phone. I had a reference number with all the saved info about the plan which they could pull up but they told me offer is not valid. No one ever told me how long this offer would be valid for. I spent countless number of hours arguing trying to get this offer that I was promised. Spoke to several people as well as managers who were useless. This company is awful. As long as you keep your mouth shut and pay your bills you are a great customer for them, as soon as you want to upgrade or ask to modify anything, it suddenly causes a huge inconvenience with them. They do not care about customer service at all, they just care about collecting my money and being the most profitable company. Do not trust this company at all and don't waste your time with them. Join any other phone company instead.

January 07, 2019

Best service

I like to say I am years with this company and I feel happy with their service. I feel I can trust them. Also they always do there best to make customers happy.