Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Colour Cream Hair Color Reviews

Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Colour Cream treats and protects your hair while delivering rich long-lasting colour for 100% grey coverage. Enriched with fruit oil concentrates, this new Colour Cream, with its new larger-sized tube of Rich Nourishing Conditioner Cream, penetrates into the hair fibers to deeply nourish the hair. Using Garnier Nutrisse Cream will enhance your hair's healthy-looking appearance.

August 27, 2010

I was one of the lucky recipients to be picked by Garnier to try this amazing haircolor. First of all, a little bit about my hair. It is naturally a dark brown, but with grey strands interspersed throughout. For this review, I chose the color "Iced Macchiato" which is described as a light iridescent golden brown. This is a bit lighter than I have normally gone with my hair color, but seeing as it is summer, I thought it would be good to go lighter.
    The formula is very creamy (as the name suggests!), and I like that it is a thick enough consistency that it doesn't drip down my neck and all over the floor. Also, I use a dye brush to color my hair, and the cream formula stays right where I put it. I also really like the fact that the Garnier cream does not have that horrible, nose burning ammonia smell that some other brands do. I left my dye on for 40 minutes, way over the suggested time, but since my greys are quite stubborn, I find that I need to leave hair dye on longer in my hair.
    I am happy to say that even though I left the color on longer, it did not dry my hair out. After following the instructions for rinsing out and conditioning, I was left with hair that felt incredibly soft.
    As for the color itself, my dark brown hair is now a medium golden brown and my greys are a light golden shade. I love the effects that it gives. It looks like I had an actual highlighting job done.
    It's been over 3 weeks since I colored my hair with the Garnier cream, and the color has stayed true so far.
    All in all, I am very happy with this product and would highly recommend it to my friends.
    Thanks, Garnier and ChickAdvisor for introducing me to this great product!

August 24, 2010

I am 34 and I am already experiencing a lot of grey hair. I have for a few years now and I have tried a few products but none that made my greys dissapear for as long as Garnier Nutrisse Cream. Not only does the color work on covering greys it keeps them covered for a long time. With this color system I don't need to color my hair as often as with other "permanent" colors.
    My favorite part about this is that is it easy to mix and the cream has a very distinct and wonderful smell. This comes from the oil that is included in the cream. This product does not make your hair smell like you have just had a dye job. I also love the conditioner that comes with the product. It made my hair so soft and so shiny that I wish they would sell the conditioner on it's own for regular use. I try to make the conditioner last at least two washes so that I can fully take advantage of it. It is wonderful.
    Today I recieved my shampoo, conditioner and color sealer and I will be trying those next. I hope the conditioner is as good as the one that comes with the color package.
    Over all I can honestly say I will not use any other hair coloring brands besides this one. I am a lifer!
    Check out http://www.save.ca/garnier_en/coupons for some great coupons for this product

August 24, 2010

I was one of the lucky ones to receive the Garnier Nutrisse Cream Hair Color in Chocolate Brown for review. I have used Garnier products before and have been satisfied with their quality as well as their easy to use instructions.

When looking for home hair color kits, I look for: easy to use instructions, 100% grey coverage, a non drip formula, and a long lasting promise. Garnier Nutrisse Cream Hair Color met all of my requirements and was the perfect home hair color system for me to use.

Currently I have light brown dyed hair, with natural curls. I wash my hair every day because I use products often on my hair to keep my curls nice and shapely, unfortunately this doesn't help to conserve my hair color and in less than a month I have to reapply. When I color my own hair I also have to be careful to saturate every single stand of hair or I am left with stands that don't match or are lighter than the others.

Garnier Nutrisse was easy and simple to use with a pleasant smell. I found that the rich creamy formula did a fantastic job in keeping the hair color on my hair and it was easy to saturate through.
    The color description on the box (chocolate brown) was also a very good description of the end result. I loved the natural highlights and tones of brown. I usually color my hair a lighter shade in the summer and dark in the winter months and Chocolate Brown was the perfect choice. Plus it covered all of my grey hairs. I must say that the Rich Nourishing Conditioner Cream included in the box is the best after color conditioner that I have come across in home coloring kits. It smelled great, my hair felt silky, moisturized, and easy to manage. I wish that there was more than just one tube because it was amazing.

I will see if their claim of long lasting color holds true and let you guys know. In the near future I will also review Garnier Fructis Color Shield Shampoo, Conditioner and Instant Color Shield. Stay tuned for more Gariner Products reviews.

Updated On: September 24, 2010

It has been exactly 45 days since I colored my hair with Garnier Nutrisse Cream Hair Color and the results have been fantastic.
    On its own, this product does deliver on its promise of giving you beautifully rich, radiant and nourished hair. However, using the Garnier Color Shield line of products to maintain my hair after coloring helped me to keep the color from fading and my hair from drying out. My hair looks and feels amazing even after 45 washes. I am very satisfied with the results and am very lucky to have been able to try them.
    Great Products!

August 24, 2010

I had the opportunity to try out Garnier Nutrisse Cream Hair Color in dark brown from the Product Review Club. After a summer of bleaching highlights into my hair and moving from one province to another (one that has hard water and one with soft water)... my hair looked like a scarecrow. I then decided that since the Fall is upon us, I needed to dye my hair back close to its natural color. There are a few things I look for in a hair color... I like better when it is a cream instead of a liquid because the cream tends to stay where you put it and not run all down your neck. I also am picky about the smell of hair dye products, it shouldn't be too strong or sting my eyes. I found that this product smelled fine. The gloves with this product were not awkward gloves that are 20 sizes too big so I was impressed with that as well. The number one thing I look for with a hair color is staying power and so far so good... my hair still looks the fabulous shade of deep brown that it did the day I dyed it. I recommend this product and would use it again.

August 17, 2010

Thanks to Garnier and ChickAdvisor for the opportunity to try out this hair color.

I've not had very much success as of late with any color. I've tried L'oreal (no staying power and quite expensive for home color), Kelly Van Goh ( outrageously expensive for home color and took more an hour to partially cover my greys - 'impossible' according to Kelly Van Goh when she emailed a response to my complaints), Clairol Perfect 10 (perfect my ass, and it ain't no 10 minutes, doesn't cover even my few gray hairs after 30 minutes), etc. All big fat flops in one way or another. As much as I really wanted to be a part of this product review, I still had that feeling of dread.........oh god........I have to color my mop again.........gah.........not looking forward to it.......etc etc. So I put it off to a few days. Surprisingly, once I buckled down and did it, I found that Garnier was the best of the bunch that I've tried in the past year, not to mention one of the most affordable, hassle free alternative to going to the salon and using other brands of home coloring kits.

The packaging looked much the same to me when compared to other Garnier products. The signature green going on with a bit more yellow and usual graphics it seemed. But this was the least of my concerns. My main concerns were: is it going to be easy to use? how long will it have to stay in my hair? will there be enough to cover all of my hair? will it stink to high hell? will it stain my scalp/hair line (I chose a brown shade)? will it sting my eyes? will it wind up fading after a couple of washes? will the conditioner be of good quality? will my hair be dry and frizzy afterward? On most points of concern, I was extremely happy with the results. I am *rarely* happy with home color, so this is a huge thing for me!

The directions were very easy to follow and straight forward. I was also happy to find not just a packet of conditioner in the box, but a tube which is good for several maintenance applications. That's always important to me, and most home hair color brands I've tried only provide a stingy packet. Good beginning :-)

I was still doubtful, though :-) Would there be enough product to cover all of my mop? It's past my shoulders. While dividing my hair into 4 sections, I decided to let the mixture sit after giving it a good shake. It did expand in the bottle, almost filling it to the top, so the solution did wind up being enough product to completely cover my hair without it drying out. We started with my roots as my hair had been previously processed.

My husband always helps me with my hair coloring as I'm in a wheelchair and it can sometimes make things difficult to do my hair on my own. We both found the product easy to apply and that it spread well through the hair. He did the back of my head and I did the top. The nice thing was that the color didn't drip anywhere or make a big mess. Different from my other coloring experiences with the above mentioned products. He usually dreads helping me with it because it makes such a massive mess. Not this time! After we got it through my roots, we let it sit approximately 10 minutes - as recommended - then applied the rest through to my ends, massaged it around a bit, piled it up on my head and waited an additional 25 minutes. This was a little longer in total than recommended, but my previous coloring experiences made me somewhat worried that the stated time wouldn't be long enough.

Once the processing time was up, I wet it just a bit and massaged it around like a shampoo and then rinsed. It was relatively easy to wash out and there weren't any fumes going up my nose and in my eyes from the sink. So far so good. Still nervous as to the finished color and condition of my hair. But very nice to see that my scalp and hair line weren't stained! Yes!

I used about a fifth or 6th of the tube of the provided conditioner, and was still worried my hair would be dry and frizzy, so added some of my regular Ojon deep conditioning treatment as well. I actually let this mixture sit in my hair for 30 minutes, just to be sure, and then rinsed with tepid water. My hair felt great.......but I was still apprehensive........what was my final color going to look like?? haha :-)

I sprayed my Ojon revitalizing mist on my towel dried hair and combed it through, waited 10 minutes, then blow dried. Wow! Every single grey covered, the EXACT color as stated I would get on the box............and my hair felt spectacular! Absolutely shocking. I wasn't expecting anything great, just typical results. What a nice surprise for a change! Really, really nice color. Deep, different tones of brown throughout, my hair was soft to the touch and had real body! My husband really liked it, which is saying something as I can rarely get a solid opinion out of him :-)

So how was the staying power going to be then? That was my next worry. The next day I checked my color in natural daylight and sunlight. A nice deep brown in regular light and brown with slight reddish highlights in the sun. And it was still so soft and super manageable. I was impressed, to say the least!

It's been approximately a week now and I have washed/conditioned my hair three times using my Ojon products and the Garnier conditioner. It's my normal habit to NOT wash my hair every day when it's colored or chemically processed in any way. The Ojon hair care line is sulfate free, so I really thought that would make a difference as to how well the color 'stuck'. That being said, my color has faded a little bit after 3 washes, which is disappointing, but not as much as with previous hair colors. It still has a very nice, natural tone to it and everything looks like natural hair would, from my roots to my tips. No helmet head for me this time around! And this is the first time in a year that I've really LOVED the results I've gotten from a home color product. That's saying something!

It will be very interesting to see how much staying power the color has next time around using the full line of Garnier products after processing. I'm hoping it will really preserve the tone and the richness of the results.

So far so good! Am looking forward to using the product again :-) Thanks once again to ChickAdvisor and Garnier!

Updated On: August 17, 2010

As Bren581 said, the gloves weren't complete pieces of rubbish compared to the ones other brands provide. That was a nice change. I also forgot to mention that the color didn't dry out even though I left my hair piled on top of my head for longer than recommended. Also a definitely plus. Looking forward to coloring again in September. I have NEVER said that about coloring my hair at home before!

August 14, 2010

This is the first time I have ever tried the Garnier Nutrisse line and find it to be an excellent product in every way. Everything you need is in the package ... the instructions are easy to read, the gloves fit and don't slip off during the application, the colour and developer are easy to mix and apply, and there is a big tube of conditioner so that you can condition the colour weekly. This product has a light and beautiful scent and is rich and creamy. It penetrates the hair thoroughly and rinses out completely. I have about 15 percent grey and the coverage was equally thorough. My hair looks soft and natural with no red after tones. This product conditions your hair and restores its bounce ... and I love it. I will continue using it because of it superiority to anything else I have tried to date.

August 13, 2010

I got chosen for the product review club, and I found this hair dye great. It was the first time that I ever dyed my own hair so I had no idea what I was doing. I've gotten it done at the hairdressers and at cosmo, but you've got to try everything, I suppose. The instructions were easy enough to follow. I read through it once as a precaution, and then I read through it step by step as I dyed.
    I remember helping my mother dye her hair when it came around, and the fumes were always so intoxicating and it would drip everywhere. We always but newspapers on the floor just in case, because one time it did drip through, and we had plenty of fun cleaning it. -_-#
    Well, when I used this dye, Brown 40, I chose the closest to my natural shade to see how it matched up. It was creamy and not drippy. Even the ones at the hairdressers can be quite drippy, but they do control that. The creamy texture made it much easier to do it yourself. And I think that's what most people would prefer. Imagine having to call one of your friends or family over to help you dye your hair each time...then everyone would know you do it. :D
    Most of all, I don't really prefer really smelly products, but this wasn't too bad. At least it didn't make the insides of my nose feel strange like other dyes.
    I dyed my hair the first day I got it. I don't remember how far back that was but I've had it in since. The first couple days I used way too much conditioner. I have long hair so I expected to have to use a lot, but I didn't really need much to cover my hair. But I did run out of the conditioner sooner than I should have because of those first few days. It was a nice conditioner I must say. After I ran out, I used my regular shampoo and conditioner (Herbal Essences for volume). I haven't seen any fading so far, but I wonder, if I went out in the sun a lot. I've been indoors mostly and had no leisurely time for the outdoors. But usually I find that colour fades when you have a lot of exposure to the sun, more so for dark haired people like me, especially because it is more noticeable.
    Guess I'll have to wait and see if anything bad happens. Have my fingers crossed. XD

August 12, 2010

I was chosen to review the Garnier Nutrisse Cream Hair Color and I chose Honey Dip.I have dyed my hair in the past and have tried many different coloring products. However I had chosen to go to my hairdresser as I had a bad experience with buying another brand name hair dye that said it was a Light Brown but I ended up with Black hair it also really damaged my hair so I figured I would never home dye again.My hair is a little over 50% Gray and I had just cut it very short so my hair defiantly needed to be dyed!so upon seeing that Chickadvisor/Garnier needed reviews I thought this is my chance to give home dying a chance again!Before my dye arrived I did a bit of research and headed to London Drugs where they have a big selection of hair dye.The Nutrisse kits really stuck out amongst the other packaging with there yellow backgrounds.I also noticed that they had a great selection to choose from.The directions were easy to read on the outside of the box and it really caught my attention that they use grape seed and avocado oil my hair could use the nourishment and I love the natural oils in the ingredients also the price was really cheap only $6.99!When I received my hair color and dyed it I wanted to wait before reviewing to see what changes may happen with the color so its almost been two weeks and this is my review....The directions inside were really easy straight forward no problem to understand and there are phone numbers to call if theres any problems or you need help..I was happy to see the gloves were not some cheap saran wrap looking plastic they are a rubber based glove.The mixing was so easy only one tube into the bottle and shake .There was no bad or gagging fumes like Ive experienced with other hair dyes and no burning scalp and stinging eyes at all.It was a really nice thick easy to apply cream that smells nice.Because my hair so gray I really wanted to be sure to get the grays in the fronts and sides and back so naturally I got lots of the dye on my skin.After finishing applying I used a washcloth and it all wiped off and left no stains at all on my skin.I left it in 35 minutes and washed it out and applied the conditioner provided which smells great and goes a long way! I love the color it turned out to be a very slight light reddish strawberry blond .I have gotten many compliments on it.It felt really nourished and silky and soft and smelled great.The only thing I kinda missed however was when I had tried this nutrisse once a very long time ago they had this little green pack with aroma oils in it that you mixed right into the hair dye.I think however they have added that straight into the hair product now to make it more simple so no big deal .My hair actually feels really healthier then it has in a long time. My concern was because theres a slight red tinge that reds fade so quick.But it has not faded!It also covered every bit of my gray hair(I look young again yaaaa!)I also wash my hair everyday and swim everyday so I thought for sure the chemicals/chlorine would strip it.But its been almost 2 weeks now my hair is still soft and has not faded I'm still using the conditioner provided you really dont need much its so creamy it goes a very long way.This is a great product for people with dry hair like myself it will not damage your hair it really does actually make it softer. I'm so happy it covered all my gray hair as well. Its also so quick and easy to use I will never go to the hairdresser again I will be saving a ton of money so I can treat myself on something else.I highly recommend this product thanks for the opportunity chickadvisor/Garnier you get 10 out of 10 from me!It will be very interesting to see the results in the next round with the color sealer and Shampoo/Conditioner kit.

August 10, 2010

I was very glad to be chosen to review Garnier Nutrisse Cream Hair Colour. I received my first sample just in the nick of time, my roots were really grey.
    The product was very thick, so I found it very easy to apply and spread through my hair. No drips.
    I did the brand new application (even though my hair is already coloured, I wasn't sure how close the colours were) and left it on for 25 min as recommended.
    I found the smell pretty strong when I was first applying it, but didn't really notice it while waiting for the colour to develop.
    The one thing that really stood out from other hair colour experiences was how moist the colour still was when it was time to rinse. I've had other products almost dry while waiting for the time to expire. When I added the little bit of water and massaged it was a very nice feeling, very rich and creamy.
    The colour is great, my hair is very shiny and it definitely covered all my grey.
    I would recommend this product.

August 07, 2010

First I'd like to say that I was one of the lucky one's picked to review Garnier Nutrisse cream hair color. I was excited and a bit scared at the same time. I haven't colored my hair in years because the last time it was done it turned green!! So you can imagine how I felt about doing it this time around. I picked vanilla, but I had no idea what color that really was because it's bin years since I've done this. I was worried the color would be to dark because real vanilla is a dark color. So when I opened the box and saw that vanilla was really light golden blond was I ever surprised! I admit I was a bit scared to go through with this, but I did. My hair is very long, so I did have to have some help with it. The top of my hair was easy enough for me to do. I had no problem with applying it to that part of my hair, it was when it came to the back and the length that I need some help with it. I had no unwanted drips well I was applying it and it stayed where I put it. How ever do to the length of my hair I was running out of the product. I really think I should have had two boxes of color to do the job right for the length of my hair. It also took almost an hour just to apply the hole bottle to all of my hair. So I though for sure my hair would be a lot lighter and all my gray hair would be gone. As you can see in my before and after pictures it didn't turned out way. My hair is lighter then my normal color, but not that much and it bought out the reddish under tones that I normally have in my hair more then color it blond, like I was concerned about. As you can see in the after picture my gray is also still very visible, witch was a bit disappointing. The cream condition that comes with the coloring made my hair vary soft and if it was for sale on it's own I would buy it and use it as a weekly conditioner. Over all I feel if I had two boxes of the coloring, my hair would have turned out much better than it did this time around, but I'd would buy this on my own, just not the same color.

Updated On: September 15, 2010

When I dyed my hair the second time around, I bought a second box of the same color that was sent to me. I found just using one box wasn’t enough to color all of my long hair. I was hoping using the two boxes would not only give me the right hair color all over, but also cover all of my gray hair that wasn’t covered the first time around.
    Using two boxes did make the job go by a lot faster this time around because I didn’t have to worry about running out of the dye. It went on just as easily as it had the last time, but I forgot to mention that I didn’t care for the gloves that they give you to use in my first report and I still didn’t care for them this time around. They just seem way to thin to me.
    I also only had to leave the dye on for the right amount of time using the two boxes, witch made this job much easier for me as well. So if your hair is really long like mine is, I’d tell you to make sure you use two boxes so you get the right amount of coverage.
    Once my hair was done and dried I was happy with the color, but I could still see a few gray hairs here and there. I must just have some pretty stubborn gray on my head, but over all my hair looks and feels great. So I’d recommend Nutrisse Cream hair colour if you have shorter hair and you know just how well your hair takes colour. If you have very long hair and stubborn gray like mine, I’d tell you to try a different product made by the same company. They have a few different types to choose from and I’m sure they have something that will give me the coverage I’m looking for.