Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Overnight Peel Reviews
#685 in Masks

September 20, 2017

Works on Superficial Marks

I was very fortunate to find this product on clearance at my local Winners. First off, I want to say that it was affordable for me at this price, but the regular price at the drug store/Walmart I find to be very high for the amount of product you receive. That being said, I found this product to be effective on my post-acne scarring. I have blemish prone skin that leaves red marks (whether I leave them alone or not), and have very fair skin. I use this product three times a week and notice a difference. When I wake up the next day, the redness has been reduced and stays that way. I don't find that this product works for very deep scarring, as it hasn't made any impact on the appearance of those. But, I'm okay with it working on my superficial marks. The product is a thick serum, where a little goes a long way. I've only been using this product for a month, but it seems like this product will last me a year or longer (so maybe the regular price isn't so bad). It sits nicely on the skin, does not feel like you're wearing something heavy, and does not break me out. Overall, I would recommend this product if you have superficial scarring/marks, and want to speed up the healing process. I don't find that this works with deeper scars, but for the price point and convenience, I don't mind.

1.5/5

September 11, 2017

Disappointed :(

This doesn't work at all, not even a little. I've been using it nightly for a month and no difference on my sun spots. I use a high degree face spf daily, and wear hats a lot but still I get sun spot damage and I've tried quite a few of these beauty products that claim to erase them with no results. My sun spots aren't even that dark here in my 30s.

This product doesn't work, but it is easy to use nightly b/c it has like liquid gel consistency so it doesn't drip and you can apply onto fingers and then onto face. I'm slathering this stuff on nightly and rubbing in tiny circles pretty much on my entire face. It's hydrating and absorbs really fast and doesn't make you look weird = you can rub it on your face and then walk around the house and not look scary. But it doesn't remove or lighten spots, so it's snake oil and is a total waste of money.

2.8/5

February 14, 2017

Product is great and definitely work on my dark spots I see them lightning up I'm not as much is a more expensive brand although this is more like a drugstore brand but it does work for the price I paid for it

1.8/5

October 25, 2016

Started to use this product after it promised to get rid of dark spots. The price was okay, on average for Garnier products, but it was mostly ineffective for my skin. I have acne scarring since high school, and after using the ENTIRE bottle, it's unfortunate to say, this product did nothing for my scarring. It's water based so it goes on pretty smooth and absorbs pretty fast; it does leave your skin with some 'peeling' effect, but nothing that actually made a difference in the scarring issue. Won't be using it again.

April 04, 2016

There are dark spots and then there are dark spots. This product is targetting the more superficial ones with brightening topical Vit C and a mild glycolic for skin turn-over. It has a light gel texture that doesn't feel heavy or greasy on my skin - and won't clog pores since it's non comedogenic. I can feel a light layer of product on my skin - but I don't mind this. You wear it overnight - and continue for at least a month (since our facial skin cells have a monthly turnover) to see fresher looking, clearer skin. The results are smoother skin-feel, less visible pores, and slightly improved skin tone. What I like best is that it decongests my acne-prone skin. It would also be a great 'boost' for the neck and decollatage as a one-month inexpensive treatment. Obviously this is a very mild gylcolic; not even in the same ball park as the high-percentage acid glycolic peels and laser treatments for dark marks ... those need medical professionals.

March 25, 2016

Just got this product and am liking it! I haven't seen great improvement yet but I feel like my face feels fresher in the morning. I also like that it is a gel so it isn't super heavy and dries quickly.

July 08, 2015

product is good and works ok not my favorite

April 20, 2015

I've been using this product every night for 2 month. It does not do miracles but it is a decent product. It does nor break you out. The texture is good, Smells fresh. I have not noticed major improvements on my dark spots but the weird thing is it seems lighten some of the skin adjacent to dark spots a little bit. Is it make the dark spots more noticeable?

I still have half bottle left. Let's see how it goes. I may have to reedit this comment when I use up this bottle.

1.3/5

January 27, 2015

Used this product to try to get rid of the dark spots and discoloration on my face. I used this product religiously for 6 months and did not see any effects.

1.0/5

November 26, 2014

I have a love-hate relationship with my skin. I want to love it, but the coloring makes me hate it.

I’ve been told it’s sun damage and it will go away when I stop getting sun. But that didn’t work. I’ve been told it’s due to hormones, but after a hysterectomy and a year with no estrogen, that didn’t work either. I’m sure some of it is scarring, but that’s not causing the brown spots.

I’ve gotten advise from other women who have had professional chemical peels, but I’m afraid to use something so harsh on my face and they cost a lot of money if you want to go to a reputable doctor. So, I haven’t done anything about it. That is until I got this opportunity.

I used the Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Peel every night after I had washed my face with the Neutrogena bar soap. Every morning, after I washed my face with the Neutrogena soap, I used Neoteric Cosmetics’ Alpha-Hydrox Enhanced Cream 10% Glycolic AHA Anti-wrinkle before I put on my makeup. I can match up the patching from the before photo to the patching on the after photo.

It’s my opinion that the Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Peel DOES NOT do what it advertises. I will continue to use my bottle because I have so much left and I will correct this statement should I be proven wrong, but I would not spend the money on product that doesn’t deliver.