Hamilton Beach Flex Brew coffee maker Reviews

July 27, 2017

I like it but have used better.

We purchased this coffee maker about a year and a half ago. We liked that it had the option to use the k-cup style pods or the included basket for loose coffee. We also really like that it can brew a lot of size options and regular or strong brew. The coffee is good. There are a few things we aren't thrilled with though. The water brews so hot you can't touch your drink for a while and sometimes the machine takes forever to get going. If it has been powered off or the water needs to be filled it can take 5 or more minutes to figure itself out and start pouring coffee. On occasion it will also mess up and only pour half a mug. Most of the time though it is worth what we paid for it.

May 31, 2017

I have the Hamilton Beach Flexbrew (with the water jug in it). It has a storage bin in the bottom to store the coffee filter or the pod holder (whichever one you are not using).
    PROS: Cost! This was a gift, but was under $100.00
    It is easy to use
    You can use any Pod int
    You can use ground coffee
    Programmable
    Has 3 different sizes
    Can use a light or dark brew

CONS: It takes longer to heat up than other brewers

So lots of pros, and only 1 con.
    Yes I would definately recommend it

March 15, 2017

This is a great machine, love that I can have a pot of coffee ready and waiting when we get up in the morning and if we finish it, can just make a cup to take to work. Have had it now for about a year and use it daily.

January 16, 2017

We used to use 2 programmable coffee makers. 1 for coffee and the other for tea. I wanted to find something that did both and found this. Purchased it and after opening it up we ran about 6 cycles of straight water through each side then a few with water and vinegar then a couple more of water to get rid of the "plastic" taste that comes with every coffee maker. This thing makes coffee and tea in no time flat and brews very hot. Not sure if the water is in that 195° F to 205° F recommended temperature range (but seems it) as we haven't measured it yet. I am hard pressed to find flaws in this unit other than when making a single cup of coffee using both the mesh screen filter that comes with it and adding a filter into it the water splatters and makes a bit of a mess. Other than that this unit at $87 at Walmart was a great buy!

January 02, 2017

I just received this for Christmas. So far I've had no issues with it. Adjusting to adding water every time I use the single cup option will come. I'm used to my Keurig. However I love being able to brew a full pot on days we are both home enjoying coffee. And one machine makes less countertop clutter.

April 26, 2016

I have the option of having a perked coffee in the morning or a keurig k-cup!!! Before I couldnt decide on what I should keep from a keurig and a perker so while we were shopping at walmart we came across this beauty and I'll never buy anything but one of those again! :)

March 16, 2016

Love this machine. Wanted a machine that made both k cups and a regular pot of coffee. I will never go back now and I don't want two machines sitting on my counter.

February 12, 2016

Compact brews kcups or ground coffee heats up quick and coffee is very hot much better then other brands I've had others and got rid of them this one is definitely a keeper

2.2/5

January 27, 2016

I bought the flex brew because although I love my keurig sometimes especially when we have company I wanted to ability to brew a pot and not have the bulkines sod 2 machines on my counter. The full coffee brewing side works great, no complaints! However the kcup side is terrible, the water level has to be exactly right or you will get an error message and it will not brew. You also only have the option to do one size. If you are looking for this product for the functionality of having both machines you are better off buying two separate machines!!

November 07, 2015

The reason I love this coffee maker is because it allows you to make a regular pot of coffee, or you can brew single serve coffee, or you can brew with Keurig compatible pods. It has two seperate sides, one brews a pot of coffee up to 12 cups, and the other side is a Keurig, with a reusable filter for brewing single serve cups of coffee. So, it's the best of both worlds!