Herbal Essences Dangerously Straight Shampoo, Conditioner, and Styling Mousse Reviews

Ranked #984 out of 1074 in Shampoo

With a fusion of pink lily & Asian silk. Lose yourself in the smoothness. Why We Love It: Shampoo with botanical silk cleans to reveal natural shine. Smoothing Things Over: Need something to calm down your strands? This lush formula lays down flyaways for silky-softness that's totally touchable. Made in USA of US and/or imported ingredients.

May 15, 2010

My hair is usually a poofy frizz ball, but after using this shampoo I noticed how silky and tame it became.

September 19, 2009

okay. so i've heard a ton about this shampoo, "oh it works amazingly! leaves my hair straighter!" well it doesnt even do ANYTHING it states on the bottle! "leaves more silky, shinier, straighter hair!" oh heck no! i have thick wavy hair that gets frizzy all the time. when i used it, i knew it wasnt going to completely straighten and get rid of the frizz, but when i used it, it smelled amazing and it washed out easily, but once i get out of the shower, i saw no difference. i decided to wait a little, maybe it would work when it dries. i was REALLY wrong, it made my hair dry and even MORE frizzy that it usually is. i was so angry! even when i put some leave in conditioner from Garnier Fructis that usually works on my hair, it STILL left me with frizzy wavy/curly hair. bottom line: i hate this shampoo a lot and i reccommend Tresemme Moisture Shampoo and Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine a thousand times more than this piece of junk. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND TIME AND DONT BUY THIS SHAMPOO.

June 21, 2009

This shampoo and conditioner smells amazing. It made my hair smell good all day, hours after i blow dried and straightened it. It doesn't work miracles, but it definitely made my hair a lot smoother.

December 28, 2008

I have thick, poofy, sort of wavy hair and so I have to straighten it which I hate. I was looking for something that would tone it down a little so I wouldn't have to always straighten it and could leave it normal.

My hair is a little less poofy and it is softer and smells good but other than that it didn't do much for me.

December 08, 2008

Smells great but had far too many chemical fragrances that made it harsh on my hair. My hair became brittle and dry.

1.5/5

December 08, 2008

I have frizzy hair,bought this to keep from using hot iron straightner.But it dosen't work.Hair was still frizzy,and I had dandruff after using it.

July 12, 2008

Well, this did not work at all. I naturally flat wavy hair, and this didn't do anything. It didn't even help keep it straight after I'd flat-ironed it. I supposed it smelled good and the packaging was attractive, but I wouldn't get it again.

March 13, 2008

I have naturally wavy hair so of course I gravitate towards products that have claims of straight in the tag. This product did nothing by means of straightening my hair even a little bit. It only made my hair smell good, but I can easily buy cheaper hair products that make my hair smell good.

March 13, 2008

i can't say i'm too happy with herbal
    essences dangerously straight products.

usually i love herbal essences.
    i'm not sure if this doesn't work because
    my hair is naturally VERY curly , or just
    because it's terrrrrrrible.

it smells nice , i'll give it that.
    but it didn't straighten my hair one bit.

November 11, 2007

I have given this line a few days and have to say it doesn't work for me. The first time, I used it and let my hair dry naturally with the mouse. My hair dried into some very pretty curls (may hair is wavy), and I was happy to have the nice curls, but it wasn't what was advertised! The second time I blow dried it, and didn't see much of a difference. I still have to blow dry and straighten my hair while using this product, so it doesn't make much sense to me. However, I like the look of the bottles, the way the product makes my hair feel (so soft!), and most of all my boyfriend keeps commenting on how nice my hair smells! So while I may not buy this particular line again in future, I will definitely buy other Herbal Essences products.