lipivir Reviews
#14 in Remedies

lipivir® is a drug-free cold sore innovation new to Canada that is tried, tested, and loved by cold sore sufferers across Europe. The over-the-counter product provides protection to reduce the frequency of cold sore outbreaks. The clear lip gel is applied daily and can be used on its own or easily incorporated into existing beauty routines.

NOTE: lipivir has a mild lemon flavour when applied. This flavour will dissipate once the product has dried.

lipivir® est une nouvelle innovation au Canada sans médication pour les feux sauvages qui a été testée en Europe et grandement appréciée par les personnes souffrant d’éruptions de feux sauvages. Il est le premier produit de son genre en vente libre à fournir une protection quotidienne pour réduire la fréquence des éruptions. Ce gel à lèvres clair est appliqué quotidiennement et peut être utilisé seul ou incorporé à une routine quotidienne de beauté.

NOTE: lipivir a une saveur douce de citron lors de l'application. La saveur se dissipera une fois que le produit aura séché.

For more information, please visit lipivir.ca

Suggested retail price: $19.99 – $26.99

November 13, 2017

Great product

I was one of the lucky Chick Advisors to test this lip product. At the time of testing, I did not have a cold sore so unsure about the efficacy of the product. It is very cold right now with high winds and my lips are constantly dry. After applying this, my lips feel softer and not so dry. I would review it again once I try it for cold sore treatment.

November 13, 2017

Lipivir

As someone who suffers from coldsores when stressed or hormonal, I will try anything not to get them. I have been using Lipivir for a few very stressful weeks and no coldsores. It is one of those things that you can't tell if it worked, because you don't know if you would have got one. But with all that is going on in my life right now, a very good indication that it works.

It does make your lips pucker a bit and feel almost numb and rubbery when first applied, so do wait the full five minutes before applying lipstick.

It is quite pricey, but so are medications to treat coldsores and a little goes a long way. The tube seems small but there is plenty of product left after using it twice daily.

The taste is more bitter than pure lemon, but is gone before the 5 minutes it recommends you let the product dry on the lips.

I received this free as part of the Chick Advisor Product Review program

Help for troubled lips

I enjoyed trying out this product. It went on like a gloss and had just the tiniest hint of lemon which dissipated quickly. My lip products, from drug store to high end, wore well with it as long as I gave it the time to dry. It’s a great product to use to help reduce the occurrence of cold sores and without negatively affecting my make-up. This could become a staple in my routine!

Lipivir - Coldsore prevention

This is a great product with great intentions. But, I would say that for someone who gets cold sores frequently, a stronger product/medication should be used.

It really works!

I am so sick of getting cold sores all the time and applying all kinds of ointments. A few weeks ago, I received #lipivir from @chickadvisor #gotitfree. I have been using it for 2 weeks now and voila no cold sore!!! I am so amazed by the effectiveness of this product and it’s worth every penny! So go #trylipivir.

A must buy!

This is the first time I’ve used a product to prevent me from getting a cold sore. I was lucky enough to be selected to try this for free and I have been using it twice a day. It seems to work, so far I have not yet had a cold sore or even tingle since I started. Nice small packaging, and looks more like a lip gloss than a cold sore ointment.

A Real Lip-Saver!

I was so pleased to be chosen to receive new Lipivir to try and review from Chick Advisor!

My teen daughter is a regular sufferer of cold sores, and we never really knew how to cope with them, other than to see them through.

This product, new to Canada, is a way to prevent cold sores from happening. It is to be added into your daily skin care/makeup routine in order to reduce the frequency of cold sores. The directions are easy: apply with your finger on and around your lips twice per day. Makeup can be applied right over top.

The packaging is very appealing! It would definitely draw my eye on the shelf !! The purple box with bright fuscia lips is modern and trendy. Inside the box is a small 2g tube, which can be easily added to your purse/cosmetic bag. Only a little bit is required with each application, so I can foresee that this tube will last a few months.

The gel is a bit white when it comes out of the tube but it applies clear. It absorbs quickly. There is a slight lemon scent when applied. It dries quickly and lipstick, makeup can be applied over top. There is a slight taste at the beginning, but it goes away.

I think this product is ... revolutionary!! For those who suffer with terrible cold sores, I highly recommend giving it a try! It is so easy to use, and if it can prevent a cold sore, it is definitely worth it!!

#trylipivir #gotitfree

Thanks Chick Advisor !!

November 09, 2017

Lipivir est facile à utiliser quotidiennement!

J'ai été ravie de pouvoir tester ce nouveau produit qui vient d'Europe contre l'apparition des feux sauvages. Pour ce qui est de son efficacité, je ne l'ai pas essayé assez longtemps pour savoir si, réellement, il empêche la venue de ces malencontreux feux sauvages puisque j'en ai qu'un par année habituellement.
    Cependant, parlons du produit en tant que tel. Son petit tube se glisse facilement dans notre trousse à maquillage ou prend très peu d'espace dans notre pharmacie. Pour ma part, je le garde juste à côté de mes crèmes et sérums pour ne pas oublier de le mettre en premier. Il suffit d'attendre 5 minutes pour continuer notre routine de soins du visage/maquillage. Ne vous léchez pas les lèvres avant qu'il ne soit complètement sec car il a mauvais goût. Son odeur de citron disparait une fois le produit sec.
    Pour son coût (+/- 27.00$), cela peut sembler cher, mais le petit tube va durer très longtemps puisqu'une toute petite quantité suffit. De plus, je ne trouve pas ça vraiment cher si c'est pour m'empêcher d'avoir des feux sauvages à l'année longue...! :)
    Alors pour tous ceux et celles qui sont pris avec les feux sauvages, il est certain que je le recommande à tous.
    Merci à Lipivir et à Chick Advisor de m'avoir permis de tester ce produit!
    #gotitfree #cadeau #trylipivir

3.2/5

November 09, 2017

Easy to wear this under my lipstick

The tube is fairly easy to use. The product is a bit thin, so it's easy to dispense more than needed, so some has been wasted. It goes on quite easily. I would recommend starting with as little as possible at first, and then add more if needed, otherwise if there's too much on the lips it can go into the mouth, and it tastes of medicine. It dries well on the lips, and provides nice hydration, and looks good when I apply my regular lipstick over it. It doesn't leave any greasy or sticky residue, which is fabulous!