LUSH Daddy-O Shampoo Reviews
#1209 in Shampoo

September 16, 2019

Would recommend this product again

I absolutely love this product and brand. Lush is great for making cruelty free products. This product helped add colour to my hair while toning out the yellow and the scent is wonderful.

February 01, 2019

Shine and Glossy Result

Smells so good. Scent stays in the hair all day. Great for brassiness in blond hair. This is a once a year purchase as it is quite expensive. Combine this with the Lush American Cream conditioner and hair is glossy and smooth. You need a conditioner with this shampoo as it works as a clarifying shampoo.

October 01, 2018

Great purple shampoo!

LUSH's Daddy-O purple shampoo has been in my bathroom for years. It works to take most brassy tones out of blond hair. This product isn't my favourite shampoo in terms of effectiveness, it is my favourite in terms of ethical values. LUSH is vegan and cruelty-free and I will always love what they stand for. Their prices are sometimes much too high, but you do pay for the ethical and moral rights that the company works by.

3.2/5

August 02, 2018

Smells divine

The shampoo smells incredible, and the scent lingers for about 2 full days. Unfortunately, it doesn't really do what it claims to do on my hair. I find it doesn't get rid of the brassiness on my bleached hair as much as I would like it to, and it leaves my hair really dry, so plenty of conditioner after is a must.

May 18, 2018

The smell is addicting and the quality BLOWS my mind.

This purple shampoo is unlike any other I have purchased! I have had chemically treated blonde hair for quite sometime but when my roommate purchased this shampoo the smell alone got me hooked! The smell is a beautiful mix of fruit and bubblegum that when used is extremely fragrant and literally makes my whole house smell like it! I get compliments all the time from strangers because they think the scent is my perfume! I have extremely thick hair but for this shampoo a lot goes a long way, and the small bottle has lasted me 4+ months. Overall, it does reduce brass tones in my hair and smells insanely good but beware it can stain your shower or clothes from the colour if you don't rinse it immediately.

0.5/5

May 16, 2018
    Capital Region, Denmark

Turned my hair pink

Left it in for about half an hour (as I’ve done with other silver shampos), rinsed it, and looked up to se my hair had turned pink. It’s been two weeks and the color has still not dissapeared, the smell of the shampoo only dissapeared after I washed my hair over 7. Times. Would not recomend.

April 10, 2018

works great!

Lush's Daddy O shampoo is great for blondes! I used this on my color treated blonde hair to get rid of any brassiness or discoloration.. It is a little more expensive than drug store shampoos with the purple toner, but I love how Lush focuses on quality and ingredients vs quantity.

March 08, 2018

Mon shampoing favori d'entre tous.

Après plusieurs années de vie passées à me laver les cheveux - toujours à la recherche du Saint-Graal des shampoing - Voici donc que sur ma route tombe le fameux Daddy-O (ou Papas distingués en français). Première impression incertaine, il sent très fort la violette; mais l'ensorcelante odeur finit par envoûter quiconque la sent et sous le charme je réitère l'expérience. Cette l'odeur reste sur mon cheveu pendant près de 3 jours et fort heureusement, la qualité du shampoing est si bonne que je n'ai besoin de me laver les cheveux que 2 fois semaine ! Un joueur digne des plus grand shampoing de salon.
    De couleur violette pour cheveux blonds ou gris, mais qui fonctionne aussi pour les brunettes comme moi qui veulent seulement profiter de ses autres qualités. Maintenant j'ai de beaux cheveux doux et en santé et en plus ils sentent la fleur !

December 19, 2017

Weird name.. for blondes?

Going Platinum is always scary, endlessly trying to avoid brassy tones. This Vegan shampoo is great to help conquer the unwanted tones. Smell is great, texture is great, and if you leave it on for a long time it really turns ashy. For a Vegan shampoo, it is very effective!!

October 10, 2017

Smells amazing!

The price of this product is definitely up there, but I really enjoy it. I can't say it does anything different from other purple shampoos in terms of brightening/maintaining my blonde hair, but a huge plus to this is that it smells a million times better than other purple shampoo! I personally have dyed medium ash blonde hair, but I lend it to a friend with platinum blonde hair and I could see a noticable difference in just one wash.