MAC Cosmetics Paint Pots Reviews
#5 in Eye Shadow

Highly pigmented colours, enjoy MAC paint pots for all your facial makeup needs! As always, MAC provides great colour with minimal use of the product. Starting with a creamy application, Paint Pots will dry matte on your lids for a beautiful smooth finish. Mac Paint pots will create a non cakey look, and is colour fast!
Visit their main website for more information at www.maccosmetics.com

April 19, 2015

I love the matte shades of this product. They really are longwear; my makeup never creases or smudges when I wear it. I don't find the shimmery shades to be as effective though and find them a tad more difficult to get even. If you want to wear this product on its own, I'd say the shimmery shades are ideal if you can get them on smoothly (it may just be my personable issue). If you want to use it as a base under eyeshadow, go for the matte shades as they won't compete with the shade or shine of your eyeshadow.

April 16, 2015

I use MAC's paint pot in painterly as a primer and eye base before adding shadow. I find that when I apply this first, the shadows that I apply afterwards have a more richer, deeper colour than without it.

March 31, 2015

I use the orchid shade which is super raved about, and I love using it as an eye base. It cancels out redness and provides a beautiful base and my eyeshadow doesn't crease at all.

March 10, 2015

Love the way these eye shadows go on wet then dry to a beautiful finish. Only a little bit goes a long way. Lots of colours to choose from. Hmm..which one will I get next.

March 05, 2015

I love this stuff! It's so long lasting, doesn't really smudge, and doesn't bother my skin. Perfect!

February 08, 2015

By far one of my favourite MAC products! I especially love painterly as a primer...works wonders. Lasts a long time and applies really nicely.

December 05, 2014

These paint pots are extremely effective. I love wearing a shimmery paint pot under my regular shadow to dance up my look a bit. Amazing product!

November 07, 2014

I LOVE these things! I have one in the color Painterly and plan on getting Soft Ochre, too. These are super creamy and definitely long-wearing -- they don't crease. I use this as an all-over eyeshadow primer. It cancels out any discoloration and makes shadows vibrant and long-wearing. These cost about $21USD for 0.17oz., while other popular primers like UDPP cost about $20USD for .37oz. However, other primers don't provide the coverage that paint pots do. Paint pots also come in a variety of colors and finishes, and can be worn alone or under shadow. Overall, I recommend them and can't wait to buy some more.

October 22, 2014

I've been using MAC Paint Pots as a base for my eyeshadow for years, and it's hard to imagine what I did before these were around!

They make the perfect primer for eyeshadow. I simply apply to my eyelid with my finger, blend it out and continue with my eyeshadow application over top. Painterly is my favourite for evening out my skintone and hiding any redness or veins on my lids.

You'll be amazed how much longer your shadows will last, not to mention how much more vibrant your whole look will be.

The great thing about these is that they come in a wide range of shades. These can be worn on their own as well for those days you're in a rush and want to add a wash of colour on your lids.

September 09, 2014

Expensive but I would definitely purchase more. It's the only eyeshadow that I have worn that lasted hours with my oily eyelids.