4.1/5
Mario Badescu Drying Lotion Reviews

May 22, 2020

would buy again for sure

this is my first ever drying lotion and I had my doubts at first but it really does work! any bumps under my skin were gone in a day. just make sure you don't use on any open wounds or active acne.

March 28, 2020

Mario badescu drying lotion

I heard good things about Mario products so I saw a box set and purchased it. I was so shocked at this product I almost fell over! I had to share with my partner. It actually worked! It is very strong! It will give a quick little burn almost like a cleaning sensation then calms with the calamine lotion in a way. It works! It takes care of those pimples that drive me nuts. I personally use it even during the day! I use it at night and I love it. My skin doesn’t get dried out either which is nice. Honestly this is a miracle worker so try it out! It helps with break outs, redness and blackheads. Great product.

March 17, 2020

Pimples beware

This stuff is magic. I have occasional pimples and when I see one starting to surface I will take a qtip and dip into this product. I then lightly go over any pimples with the qtip. Leave it on over night and it either reduces the pimple drastically or helps it not grow any larger

March 11, 2020
    Prince Edward Island, Canada

Good for shrinking pimples overnight

I go back and forth on this product, I don't feel like it fully heals the pimple, as I often get recurring pimples in the exact same areas. However, it does bring the size of the pimple down considerably, so if you need it hidden for a special occasion it is a good product.

March 11, 2020

Good product!!

comes in a pretty small bottle and is pricey but it works really well as a spot treatment for acne, and a little goes a ling way so it does last a long time

0.8/5

January 29, 2020

Hyperpigmentation

So this seems to work quite well. The only thing I'm concern about is if it will give you scars, irritation or pigmentation issues. I will update and let you guys know.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Also, I would advise getting a good moisturizer as it drys your skin a lot. The next morning after using the product overnight, rinse it with warm water, clean your face with a good cleanser and then use a GOOD moisturizer.

Only use the product where your acne or whiteheads are with a Q-TIP! This product is to treat acne not to prevent it. It claims it helps to prevent it but it's false.

Additional information:
    -The ingredients of this product scare me a little.-

ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL (BAD):
    •It can cause dryness, irritation, and breakouts.

CALAMINE (NOT TERRIBLE):
    • Will treat acne.
    • Always use it with a moisturizer as it will dry our skin
    • It may cause irritation

CAMPHOR: (NEEDS TO BE BELOW 11% FOR IT TO BE SAFE)
    • It has antibacterial and antifungal properties that make it useful in healing infections (not proven)
    • Ability to increase elastin and collagen production
    • Can cause Irritation

SULFUR (GREAT)
    • Exfoliate dead skin cells
    • Can help with whiteheads & blackheads
    • Can cause inflammation and irritation leading to acne

OXIDE TALC
    • Helps irritated skin

GLYCERIN (GOOD)
    • Moisturize skin
    • Nourish Skin
    • Heals skin
    • Protects skin
    -Product has a low Glycerin amount-

SALICYLIC ACID (GOOD):
    • Helps with blackheads & whiteheads
    • Dissolves skin debris that clogs pores
    • Helps red inflamed pimples
    • Breaks down the connections between skin cells
    • Promotes exfoliation.

Summary: This product has a lot of ingredients that may cause irritation to your skin. Be aware of this.

****Only use this product TWICE a week. Not more. Use a good cleanser followed by a good moisturizer*** ***

Update: The product leaves acne scars. If you have the type of skin that gets hyperpigmentation from the sun or when you get an injury, this product is not for you.

January 20, 2020

best spot treatment

this is the best spot treatment i have ever tried (and i have tried many) i find it helps heal anything that i pick or that comes up way faster than anything i have tired, its super easy to use and lasts a long time, since you only need to use a little on each pimple, it also dries really fast which is nice

December 24, 2019

bye bye acne!

This is one of the best products for people who are suffering from acne prone skin or even when you get that unexpected zit/pimple. put this on the pimple at night and when you wake up in the morning it will either disappear or shrink. This product had helped me a lot and i would highly suggest to anyone dealing with acne because i know how frustrating it is to deal with that.

July 16, 2019
    Central Bedfordshire, United Kingdom

The best spot treatment of all time

This drying lotion clears up blemishes and active spots overnight. Dip a cotton bud (I use reusable ones) through the salicylic acid, sulfur, and zinc oxide into the pink calamine at the bottom of the bottle and dab onto any spots. Spots are dried out overnight!

July 15, 2019
    North Lincolnshire, United Kingdom

Great for blemishes

I have many products for blemishes but I find this does work well, I’m not fond of the scent and after 5 minutes it can easily come off so it’s better to put it on right before bed however in the morning my blemishes have reduced significantly so it definitely does the job.

I use it in every blemish and I still have loads of the product left meaning it’s great value for money !!

I do recommend this product but there is other products on the market for cheaper which work just as well