Neutrogena Bright Boost Gel Cream Reviews

Neutrogena® Bright Boost Gel Cream, 50mL, visibly improves the look of tone and texture making it ideal for an anti aging skincare routine. Made with Neoglucosamine, AHA, PHA, and mandelic acid to brighten & resurface. Boosts surface cell turnover by 10x* to help improve skin tone & texture making.

Le gel-crème Neutrogena Bright Boost, 50 ml, améliore visiblement le teint et la texture de la peau. Il est idéal pour votre routine de soins anti-âge. Avec Neoglucosamine, AAH, PHA et acide mandélique pour une action retexturante et illuminatrice. Rehausse le renouvellement cellulaire en surface de 10X*.

*vs no treatment in lab studies / vs aucun traitement selon des études en laboratoire

You may also like Bright Boost Moisturizer SPF 30, Bright Boost Illuminating Serum, and Bright Boost Resurfacing Micro Polish

2.8/5

March 27, 2020

Boutons boost...

J'ai reçu gratuitement la nouvelle gamme de produits Bright Boost à essayer. Bien heureuse de ne pas avoir eu à dépenser... Eh oui! Je vais commencer de façon directe et honnête dès le départ.
    Franchement, au niveau de l'efficacité, je cherche encore l'effet Bright. Oui, c'est vrai, dans chacun des produits de cette gamme on retrouve de petits glitteures (comme dirait ma grand-mère ou si tu préfères des brillants, en français). Mais franchement, ces glitteures sont ben juste dans le pot. Je les ai cherché dans ma face, mais sans succès!
    Ce ne sont pas des produits faits pour l'hiver. Ils sont très peu hydratants.
    Plus spécifiquement, cette crème, j'aime la texture, l'effet gel, froid. Parfait pour les jours d'été, mais pas pour l'hiver c'est certain. Étonnement, elle laisse un effet gras sur la peau.

2.7/5

March 25, 2020

There are better gel moisturizers on the market

I was very fortunate to have been selected by Chickadvisor to test out this product for free. I found that this isn't as light as the other gel creams I've tried. A little of this goes a long way, so even though it's only 50mL, it'll likely last a while. It contains shimmery flecks to help illuminate the skin. I didn't notice that at first. It was noticeable when in direct sunlight and I was confused as to how I got gold shimmer all over my face. It isn't super evident from afar, but you'll see each individual fleck if you get too close.

I'm happy that it didn't break me out, which is my biggest issue when trying out new moisturizers. I used this product morning and night, and after a week the existing texture on my skin that wouldn't go away has disappeared. I think it is effective, but I really dislike that it doesn't absorb into my skin. My skin is constantly tacky throughout the day and my face sometimes sticks to my pillow at night. I tried using less thinking I was applying too much but that had no difference. It's also not great under makeup. Either the moisturizer or my foundations pilled up and rolled off my face. This moisturizer is probably fine if you're not going anywhere, but not for days you want to leave the house. Because of that, I don't really think it's worth it. I likely wouldn't purchase once this is used up.

Softness you can feel!

Product goes on greasy but dries with a softness you can feel. Feels kind of heavy if you use too many other products first. Scent is nice but not too strong.

United States

Shimmer and Shine

First the pros:
    Love the packaging
    My skin definitely LOOKS brighter
    My skin is soft

What I don't love:
    Very chemical-y smell
    Sits on my skin, I can feel in throughout the day and it actually pills if I rub my face
    I think the "brightening" it does is the shimmer, it seems to be a lot of shimmer suspended in a gel

The way it sits on my skin also has a bit of a sheen to it - I'm not sure if this is good or bad. It increases the brightening look but I worry about what impact it will have on my skin, if it's going to create congestion in pores.

Not sure I would recommend this, and I don't plan to purchase it.

Updated On: March 25, 2020

*I received this product for free through Chick Advisor's Product Review Club to test and review. #gotitfree

2.2/5

March 21, 2020

Didn't work as promised

The product wasn't all that bad but I can't say it did what it promises. It did feel nice on my skin initially but the only 'brightening' I saw was thanks to the mica.
    My skin did not become softer. I actually noticed I had more frequent breakouts when I started using this product.

March 21, 2020

Not for dry skin

I used this gel cream day and night. I have a dry sensitive skin. I felt tightness on my face after applying this cream and also after drying up, it can easily be removed by rubbing. I am not very impressed since it doesn’t absorbs into my dry skin very well.

March 17, 2020

Sticky and pilly

I received this product for free in exchange for my honest opinion.

This cream smells fresh like watermelons but wow is it strong! If you're sensitive to smells, this is not for you.

In terms of the cream itself, it has shimmers in it. I don't know how i feel about this as it seems to be thr brightening aspect of it, thus only providing temporary brightening effects. The cream was also quite sticky and pilled when makeup was put on top of it ao i wasn't a fan unfortunately.

I don't know what the long term effects of using this cream will be like, but the ingredients does look quite nice. Ill use it here and there but won't be using it as my everyday cream.