Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Sunscreen SPF 50 Reviews

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Sunscreen SPF 50 is water-light feel and broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection, infused with hyaluronic acid, glycerin and Vitamin E  to instantly quench dry skin:

• Protects and moisturizes your skin. Locks in hydration.
  • Applies easily and leaves no white residue on skin.
  • Water gel formula layers invisibly under makeup for a clean and non-greasy finish.
  • Water-resistant (80 minutes)
  • Dermatologist tested, oil-free, non-comedogenic
  • Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB protection
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2018

April 29, 2018

Non greasy fast absorbing sunscreen

I loved this sunscreen for the face! I loved how it wasn't greasy at all. It didn't leave white film. It absorbed in and I found it moisturizing so I could use this a day moisturizer and sunscreen combo. Also the smell didn't scream sunscreen which was nice, this one was much subtler.

Delivers on promises!

This sunscreen promises to provide moisture without grease and it does just that! It also has a great scent. Yet another plus is the fact that it provides a great deal of sun protection, as it is spf 50. I was luck to get this through chickadvisor, and even though it is on the pricier side for drugstore sunscreens I think I will consider purchasing a tube of my own once my current supply runs out.

Loved it!

It was very hydrating and didn't leave my cheeks too oily as I usually have oily cheeks when I wear sunscreen. The smell was fabulous. I love the fact that it contains hylauronic acid which is extremely hydrating.

Light weight

I cannot say enough about this product. I am converted. I always am looking for a sunscreen that is lightweight and not greasy, but gives full sun protection. I love this product.

It was light enough to be layered under my makeup and never pushed through to make my face greasy. I am in love with the consistency it is weightless on my skin.

Even after hours of wear I did not have a greasy look to my face. It is worth every penny, and is easily found in drug stores. My kind of sun protection.
    #gotitfree

April 29, 2018

A nice light sunscreen but overpriced

I received this product for free in exchange for my honest review. I have oily, dehydrated but acne prone skin so I’m picky about the sunscreen I use on my face. This one was light in texture, watery but not too runny, refreshing and moisturizing. It is easy to spread out and a little goes a long way. I used this exclusively on my face and can say that I did like it. The scent is light and very subtle. The sunscreen was soothing and absorbed pretty quickly but did leave a bit of an oily/ moisturizing film on my face that took a little longer to sink it. It’s not a mattifying sunscreen. It did pill up a bit when layered with my other creams and serums but it wasn’t so bad that I wouldn’t use this again. My makeup also sat nicely on top of this and I didn’t get oilier as the day went like some sunscreens. So far no breakouts either. I’d recommend trying this. It would be nice as a stand alone moisturizer I think. I do think though that it’s a bit expensive for a Neutrogena sunscreen.

3.2/5

Hydro Boost Water Gel Sunscreen

I used this sunscreen on both my face and my body, and I prefer to use this on my body. On my face, it took a long time to sink in and I constantly felt like a had a slightly silty/greasy feeling. I don't feel like it was particularly hydrating than any other sunscreen, but then I rely on skincare for hydration and wouldn't expect that from a sunscreen. It layered ok under makeup but was not the most comfortable sunscreen to wear on the face. Despite so, it worked perfectly as a body sunscreen, and I will continue to enjoy it as that! I did not have the issues with using it as a body sunscreen like I did when I used it as a facial sunscreen. I am a bit confused why this is called a water gel sunscreen....it it neither watery or gel like in consistency - it just has a blueish tinge.

Great For All Year Round

This is a great product to use under makeup or on it's own. It's also good for all year round because of the SPF protection from the sun. Because its a water gel it doesnt leave you feeling greasy. Also lasts very long while feeling moisturized.

April 29, 2018

Can't wait to use it more this summer

I haven't had much chance to use it so far, but I'm loving it. Excited to use it more as the weather gets nicer!

*I got this for free, in exchange for a review* #gotitfree

April 29, 2018

best sunscreen for combo skin...AND ANY skin!

What I love about this is it really and truly does NOT feel like an icky nasty greasy sunscreen on your face. Leaves your skin feeling hydrated and the scent is wonderful. I've tried some crazy expensive facial sunscreens in the past and this beats them by a landslide. The quality of this product for the price is a complete steal! Does not clog pores or break you out. Undetectable under makeup. One and only con I can say is as I smooth it onto my skin it balls up. I'm not sure if the product itself is balling up or if this product is balling up my moisturizer underneath. I even let my moisturizer dry and set in for 15 minutes before applying this but it still happened. Maybe this is suppose to be used as a moisturizer but I took it as a sunscreen/spf you're suppose to apply on top of your moisturizer so maybe it's my misunderstanding or my fault. Either way, I do love how this feels and looks compared to other sunscreens I have used throuhout my life and I would buy this again and again because it is very unique for a sunscreen.

April 29, 2018

Non-sticky and preferable scent.

I normally don't like the smell of sunscreens but this one has a much more subtle scent. I have very pale skin and have to wear sunscreen to avoid turning into a lobster in the summertime. The high SPF is a bonus for a sunscreen that doesn't have that uncomfortable sticky feeling like most. I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs when the warmer weather arrives.