Olay Fresh Effects Clear Skin Swirled Mattifier Reviews

3.2/5
Ranked #705 out of 1360 in Facial Lotions & Creams

2.7/5

May 05, 2017

I received a sample of this product so was only able to try it once. The scent was refreshing but surprisingly strong (citrus, mint, chamomile & green tea apparently). It is supposed to reduce redness and pores but I didn't really notice it doing either. It did however reduce some of the shine on my skin without over drying it which was good as I applied it over my moisturizer and under my foundation as I would a makeup primer. In another review elsewhere it was mentioned that the product had a slight greenish colouring which was meant to combat the redness but to me the product just looked white so I would imagine you'd have to have next to no redness for this product to work for your redness and then why bother. I feel like once your skin has enough redness that you are needing to seek out a product for it, it has already become too red for this product. It did however allow for a smoother finish helping with my foundation application.

June 06, 2016

Not my favourite product, but it is very affordable so if your skin does not need anything particular it would be great as a makeup base or moisturizer for you!

1.0/5

July 06, 2015

Olay claims it reduces redness and oiliness. I have super dry skin so oiliness is not a issue but this cream made me look oily and my skin was so red.

July 04, 2015

I find that this product works better as a makeup primer than top brands (Lancome, Benefit). It keeps my skin from getting oily for 10+ hours and keeps makeup in place. Not drying and doesn't make me break out. And it's affordable!

June 10, 2015

This product claims to reduce redness and pores. It felt good on my skin but I did not see any difference after using it every day for two weeks. Fragrance was nice, light and there is no greasy feel after application.

cokaluna earned the Beauty Guru badge

gillie added a new review for
    Ferrero Rocher