Prestige Item
Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser Reviews

Philosophy Purity Made Simple is a ph-balanced formula that rapidly dissolves dirt and makeup while deep cleaning pores. The best-selling cleanser contains infusions of sage, chamomile, and carrot.

September 25, 2019

3 in 1 cleanser

I found that it removed makeup easily and I like that I can use it for my eyes as well, less steps required. However even though I don't really enjoy the smell of the product it gets the job done.

September 16, 2019

super gental

i really like this cleanser, its super gently and does not bother my eyes at all, it takes off any extra make up i have in off so well too, i have used this product many times and i will totally be buying it again

September 08, 2019
    South Carolina, United States

I like it

This is definitely a higher end brand, not drug store and I would say quality wise it is the same level. Claims to do two jobs equally and take off all make up and cleanse the skin. I would have to disagree. I use some type of make up remover and THEN use the Philosophy cleanser. I recommend this method instead of just relying on it to do both, unfortunately. But it is a very good cleanser. Pleasant light airy smell also. Very nice.

September 08, 2019

Extremely good value

For a brand that's higher end than drugstore brands, this facial cleanser is great quality for its price. The cleanser is extremely gentle and has a nice clean smell to it. I pair it with my face wash cleansing machine.

Although it says that it is a 3 step in 1 cleanser, I would not trust it to fully remove all my makeup. I've tried washing my face with just this cleanser but I noticed that my under eye concealer had not come fully off. I would highly recommend that you still use a makeup remover prior to using this cleanser. Think of this cleanser as a "one last makeup removing assistant" rather than a replacement to your makeup remover.

One last minor thing that I do not like about this product is its packaging. I would rather it come in a bottle with a pump rather than the twist bottle. It is annoying when you've used half a bottle and you have to turn it upside down and wait til the cleanser runs down to the bottle opening to get anything out. I personally poured all of this cleanser in a pump bottle from an old cleanser (another brand) to solve this issue but I would really prefer it if they change the packaging to be more user friendly.

August 30, 2019
    Saskatchewan, Canada

Skincare game changer!

Instant results on my combination skin! Deep cleaning on the oils in my Tzone. Does not dry out skin, or leave it oily. The perfect balance. Lovely, delicate and clean scent is refreshing. I will purchase this again and again.

August 29, 2019

Amazing!

I love this cleanser! I’ve been using this product for over 3 years and have purchased it countless times. It’s pricey but so effective and worth it! It’s very gentle.

August 28, 2019

Cleans away oil and makeup!

I love this facial cleanser. It literally removes all of your make up the oils from your face it leaves your face feeling clean and fresh and smooth. You don’t even need a lot just a little tiny amount and it goes such a far way. You noticed clear skin immediately and your skin looks nice and fresh healthy and glowing I highly recommend this product if you want nice smooth skin.

August 05, 2019

Face cleanser

I started using this a year ago, it takes off all my Makeup and makes my face feel clean and healthy. You only need a dime size and it lasts for months.

July 19, 2019

All in one facial cleanser + make up remover + toner.

This seems to be strictly a gel cleanser- doesn't particularly foam or lather when applied with hands, or directly to the skin... was a bit odd at first because in my head i felt like my skin wasnt clean due to the lack of suds or lather or any kind of reaction when massaged with water but after using it as strictly just a make up remover on my eyes, i had no doubt my skin was being cleaned cause it worked VERY well at removing my face and eye make up... even waterproof. The only problem was i didnt like the texture of it as a make up remover it was way too thick and doesnt get absorbed by the cotton or whatever you're using to take off your eye make up with and it seems like its so gunky and seems like you cant just wipe it off you have to wash it off after. Other than that its very effective and smells good. I personally wouldnt purchase this again unless it was on sale.

July 15, 2019
    Dorset, United Kingdom

Lovely cleanser which is safe for eyes and stabilizes skin

SO I've tried a few products by philosophy and none of them have really excited me, however this facial cleanser I recently got in a beauty box is a seriously good. Now, I know we all probably have a gazillion cleansers and cleaners and toners and so on, but what sets this one apart for me is the fact that you can use it on your eyes! As someone who hates being oily I have ruled out most eye make-up removers altogether because they are all so damn oily, so I was quite keen to try this right away when it came in my beauty box. It actually works wonders as a face cleanser, and makes my skin feel SUPER clean and ready for a moisturiser, but the best part is that you can rub it on your eyes (no stinging!) and seriously like magic all of your make up disappears! I keep coming out of the shower expecting to have raccoon eyes, but they are sparkling clean and not oily at all! I don't know if anyone else hates eye make-up removal products, but if you do, you might want to try this product. The only faults I can give it is that there is no real scent (but that is probably why there is no stinging) and that the packaging is seriously boring, but those this might not be as important to someone else. As I said I normally find them a bit boring, but maybe sometimes boring is good when it comes to skin care.