PowerBar Plant Protein Almond, Sea Salt and Dark Chocolate Reviews

Suggested retail price - $16.99 for 14-count Variety Pack (at Costco)

You might also like PowerBar Plant Protein Cashew, Salted Caramel and Dark Chocolate
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2018

Plant Protein in Hand

I received this product free to sample. I found this bar to be tasty, I was curious on how the plant protein would taste. Doesn’t taste like plants at all! The almonds were very crunchy and filling. I’m not a chocolate fan so I found the chocolate to complement it as it wasn’t overly chocolaty. This bar filled me more between meals than my regular granola bars as I found I didn’t have to continuously find extra snacks. I would definitely recommend this product and definitely plan to have these stocked in my cupboard!

Powerbar

I tried the dark chocolate peanut butter PowerBars and they were delicious! However, they were WAY too sweet. I appreciate that they used real sugar in the bars, as I avoid all alternative processed sweeteners. However, they should really cut down on the amount of sugar they use. The label says there are 10 grams of sugar, but they don't specify how much of that is naturally occurring in the other ingredients and how much is added sugar. It tastes as sweet as a candy bar, maybe more so. I personally don't like foods that are too sweet, unless it's an extra ripe peach or other fruit. On the bright side, this bar digested well and I felt full after eating it. The grandkids also liked it. However, this is not a product I would buy in the future. Candy isn't my thing.

Super!

What a surprise to receive this free trial in the mail.
    I really enjoyed the product. The texture was good, and the bar didn’t fall apart like some you buy. The taste was great, which I found surprising.

These are great!

I love that these are made with plant protein instead of harder to digest forms. This one tastes really good and doesn’t taste cloyingly sweet lime most protein bars. Definitely worth buying.

Yummy

I wasn't to sure on the whole protein thing but taste proved me wrong.. hard to believe its good for you..i would most likely buy these when im out shopping . Perfect snack anytime.

Interesting plant protein bar

My husband (and I) tried this product as part of the XYStuff review club. We received the sample #gotitfree and were excited to taste test it.
    Initial response: ordinary bar, chocolate dipped, looks really healthy
    Food facts: loved the chocolate, nut and grain mixture. Good combination and bonus protein in the bar.
    Taste test: chewy, chocolatey, nutty, healthy tasting. Downside is that the bar is a little excessive sweet. Neither of us could finish the bar, and we needed water after to lessen the sweetness.
    This product is an acquired taste. But if you are going for the extra protein, I would recommend these bars.
    Another bonus is that the bars are gluten free and soy free!

Almond all the way!

I’m a sucker for almond. That being said, great flavour mixture and perfect size for on the go not to forget the fact that it’s vegan friendly which is a complete bonus.

Classic, Tasty Flavour Combination

POWERBAR PLANT PROTEIN ALMOND, SEA SALT AND DARK CHOCOLATE reminded me of nutritional bars from many other brands, however with the added plant protein, it's an extra edge. Yet because it's such a common flavour I am not sure if I will buy this one in particular.

The plant protein powder does not impact the taste but the nutritional value is improved. I was worried about the gritty taste of plant protein but that was not the case with this product.

Would buy again

My two kids and I enjoyed this bar the taste was really good. There was no chaulky taste from the protein. Over all good taste liked that there was more protein. My only complaints would be they were quite salty.

Loved the almonds - great new Powerbar

This was my favorite power bar by far of the three samples. I really enjoyed the taste but I found it a bit too crunchy for my liking. If it was a bit chewier in texture I would probably buy this for sure. I like that there were rice puffs and big almond chunks in there and that the bar is more like a granola bar than a typical power bar. There was not the same type of aftertaste either that some protein bars leave in your mouth. I would consider buying this in the future for sure instead of my regular granola bars if they changed the texture.