PowerBar Plant Protein Cashew, Salted Caramel and Dark Chocolate Reviews

Suggested retail price - $16.99 for 14-count Variety Pack (at Costco)

You might also like PowerBar Plant Protein Almond, Sea Salt and Dark Chocolate

June 22, 2018

Sweet and salty, just the right mixture

I received this protein bar free in a box from Chick Advisor to test out. I've tried a few protein bars from different health food stores, Costco, grocery stores and variety stores. I didn't find that the "protein" taste took over, which was great! It was a like I was eating a granola bar.. with better ingredients! I enjoyed the size of the bar too... I felt full after, where if I eat a granola bar, I feel like I want to eat another one.

Too sweet for me :(

When I first took a bit of this bar I thought wow tastes like a chocolate bar - so sweet. The second bit I felt the same - the sweetness is overpowering. Then I get the bitterness of the plant protein. I did not find any cashew flavour. I also thought the texture was good - chewy and soft but its lacking a nice crunch. The chocolate drizzle looks elegant but doenst make up for the sweetness of this "health bar". I wouldnt purchase based on that.

2.3/5

Not My Favourite

I received this free from Chick Advisor to try out. The box came with 6 bars 2 of each flavours. First time I tried it, it was hard to chew. This might be a problem for some people. It had a weird aftertaste. I realized that it was the pea protein. I recently tried vegan protein powder and did not like it. This one was my least favourite in my opinion. I actually gave these two bars away. I think it was the caramel that put me off as well as the pea protein was very prominent in this one. They were a bit too sweet for my likings. There are better protein bars out there since the amount of protein isn't that high in this "protein" bar.

A great bar overall!

This bar was very tasty. I love the idea of caramel , chocolate and cashews was a nice treat as you don't typically get those in more bars. Although this was my second favorite flavour I did very much enjoy it. I'm happy I didn't taste the "salt" so much in the salted caramel. It tasted rich instead of savory. A perfect mid day snack/ MeAL for a busy mom of 4! I would recommend this bar and bonus it's made of pea protein! Super healthy!

Vegan Protein Bars with great Taste and texture

I was one of the lucky Chick Advisors that was given the opportunity to try and review the New PowerBar Plant Protein Bar - this review is for the Cashew, Salted Carmel and Dark Chocolate Bar - Love it!! is my first comment - a Rich tasting, nutty textured protein bar that is not your usual dry heavy protein bar. the Dark Chocolate makes it seem that you are eating a chocolate bar or a good quality granola bar. i love that it has 10 grams of protein and 38 % of your daily fibre. It has no artificial sweeteners and non gmo - I definitely will be purchasing these quality vegan protein bars for myself and family and great healthy meal replacement or snack

It tasted okay

I received 3 different flavors to test, and this was the 2nd best; but still not quite what I would prefer to eat - but at least I could eat this one. I love the addition of the dark chocolate, as it makes it a bit tastier - like a special treat when you get that bit of chocolate.

June 22, 2018

PowerBar give the energy's for body.

My husband the try , and he really liked .
    There is a sweet smell of syrup , amazing taste of black chocolate, an excellent combination of nutrition. Moderately sweet, In short my husband is delighted.
    It's was very nice to try it for free.

Well Balanced

It's vegan friendly, and contain no gluten or soy ingredients. The taste surprised me because I really like the balance between the ingredients. Caramel wasn't too sweet. 18% fat of daily value is lower than other bars.

June 22, 2018

Good tasting and nutritional too

The CASHEW, SALTED CARAMEL AND DARK CHOCOLATE is suprisingly not that sweet, which is great because I am trying to cut out sugar. It provides me with enough energy to get met through a work out. It is so simple to carry in my gym bag.

June 21, 2018

A treat for a special occasion

I received two PowerBar Plant Protein Cashew, Salted Caramel, and Dark Chocolate bars to assess free of charge from ChickAdvisor. These are different as their protein content is solely from plant-based products (peas, rice). Bottom line – I really enjoyed them. I loved the variety of textures and flavours in the bars. They weren’t quite as crunchy as the almond bars from the same company, so they are my second favourite of the three varieties I received. The dark chocolate really helped with the somewhat overly sweet taste. Despite the higher protein content, they are quite high in fat (13 g) so they will be something I'll have as a special treat now and then. But something to definitely look forward to.