PowerBar ProteinPlus Reduced Sugar Creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter Reviews

4.1/5
Ranked #1 out of 37 in Protein Bars

New ProteinPlus Reduced Sugar bars deliver great tasting low-sugar energy so you’re revived and ready for the post-work spin class or soccer game. These great tasting bars contain 20 grams of high quality protein, 3 grams of sugar or less, and are gluten-free.

Please note: Contains soy, milk, and peanuts.

You might also like: PowerBar ProteinPlus Reduced Sugar in Lemon Poppy Seed

Pretty tasty

I received this for free, to try out for an honest review! Awesome.

I tried both flavours. Although this one wasn't my favourite, the texture is still enjoyable as is the taste. It really does fill you up and is an excellent option to have in your purse if you need a quick pick-me-up. If you love Reese's peanut butter cups or if this is one of your favourite flavours, I'd recommend you try it!

PowerBar ProteinPlus Reduced Sugar Creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter

I disliked the texture of the PowerBar ProteinPlus Reduced Sugar Creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter as oppose to other protein bars I have tried. The flavour however was very enjoyable and not too sweet.

My favorite flavor!

This taste so good! I love chocolate and peanut butter so this was the best of both worlds. It is quite nutritious so I was very happy reading the label. I will definitely buy some more! #igotitfree

A good Product

I received this product free from Chick Advisor. I liked the overall flavor of the bar but found it to be a bit chalky tasting. It had great nutritional value and was a decent product for the price.

June 26, 2017

I would not buy this product

I was lucky enough to be chosen to review this product along with another flavour. I found this bar to be very grainy tasting & chalky. It was sweet & chocolaty and tasted like peanut butter but had a gritty after taste which did not sit well with me personally. I feel the nutritional value is there & I like the 3g of sugar. It also filled me up for a couple hours as I had it as my mid afternoon snack. But the taste could definitely been better.

Such a great bar

Absolutely love that there is a powerbar that is reduced sugars. It still tastes just as good but it's way more healthier for you. I love the creaminess of the peanut butter

June 26, 2017

Tasted good, but had unfortunate digestive side effects

I was excited to try the PowerBar ProteinPlus bars. They said they contained no artificial sweeteners, but when I read the ingredients, I discovered they contain Sucralose. This was very disappointing as I am allergic to Sucralose/Stevia. Thankfully, my husband was willing to test the bars for me. He said the peanut butter chocolate bars were very tasty for a protein bar. He liked that they filled him up and gave him a boost of energy for his workouts. Unfortunately, by the time he has finished the four sample bars I had received, he had discovered a strong correlation between eating one of the bars, and experiencing severe intestinal cramping. Since I can't eat them, and he is now scared to eat them, we will not be purchasing this product. #gotitfree

Simply delicious!

I have been going to the gym frequently lately and working hard at increasing my protein intake with shakes and bars. The main problem I have been having with protein bars is the high amount of sugar. These bars are great as they are packed with protein, yet they have reduced sugar. Most importantly, they taste great! Such a perfect easy snack for on the go. This flavor actually surprised me as I don't even like peanut butter, but these were great!

June 26, 2017

Delicious chocolate peanut butter bar packed with protein!

PowerBar ProteinPlus Reduced Sugar Creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter gave me enough energy to tide me over until my next meal. I am trying to reduce my snacking; however, this makes me feel less guilty as there is 20 g of protein in the bar. Because there is protein in the bar, it fills me up and suppresses my appetite. I am usually not a fan of peanut butter; however, I really enjoyed the taste of this bar. It is super creamy and delicious. It does taste chalky at all, like some protein bars, and was very tasty. Excited to try more flavours and you bet I will be purchasing this again!

I #gotitfree as part of the Chick Advisor Product Review Club.

June 26, 2017

Great taste, didn't miss thes sugar and great protein source

I was excited to try these bars. I really like Power Bar as a product but often find it hard to consume these bars as they do tend to be high in sugar. Usually you have to sacrifice sugar for taste and they tend to be pretty chalky tasting when the sugar is removed. I was surprised that these had a nice creamy texture and a great taste without being overly sweet. I didn't miss the sugar and they didn't have an artificial taste at all. There was a nice balance between the chocolate and the peanut butter. The ingredient list is something that I feel good about and I like the added nutrients. There is also a good amount of protein in these bars making them great for pre or post workout snacks or also just during times we I am not able to get a meal in. I was happy that they tasted so good and make a great alternative for a protein based meal replacement or snack.

I would buy this brand and variety again. I would also recommend it to a friend or buy them for my spouse or teenage children. They are a good value for money for what you get and the product itself.