PowerBar ProteinPlus Reduced Sugar Lemon Poppy Seed Reviews

3.9/5
Ranked #2 out of 51 in Protein Bars

New ProteinPlus Reduced Sugar bars deliver great tasting low-sugar energy so you’re revived and ready for the post-work spin class or soccer game. These great tasting bars contain 20 grams of high quality protein, 3 grams of sugar or less, and are gluten-free.

Please note: Contains soy, milk, and almonds.

You might also like: PowerBar ProteinPlus Reduced Sugar in Creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter

August 03, 2017

I enjoyed these protein Power bars & Would buy these again!

I would buy this product in the future. Although this lemon poppy seed was my second favorite flavor.
    If there are more flavors/varieties (other than the lemon poppyseed) I would probably be more interested in buying them and recommending these awesome handy/on the go, snacks that are quite healthy, very yummy & nutritional! I hope they create new flavors of this product so i can try more :)

August 03, 2017

Different Type of Bar!

I not really sure how to rate this PowerBAr. I love everything lemon and am a huge fan of poppyseeds but didn't find this bar to taste like either of them, it tasted to me, quite bland. With the reduced sugar i was shocked to find that to me, it tasted pretty sweet. My boyfriend tried it as well and said that he "didn't mind them". If I were to buy them in the future it would definitely only be if they were on sale and as a treat for my boyfriend!

July 29, 2017

Awesome flavour!

Loved it. Basically took one bite and ate the whole thing in a few minutes. Literally tastes like my mom's lemon loaf and I love that it's both gluten free and low sugar. I like PowerBar to start with so I'd definitely buy these over the other bars now.

I filmed a Trial/TryOn video of it...See link below.

0.5/5

July 29, 2017

Never ever again

I did not enjoy this product. To me it tasted like chalk. I'm glad I didnt pay for it. I hope it wouldn't have tasted better because I love lemon poppy seed everything.

July 25, 2017

Tasty and keeps you full

I love the taste of this protein bar and the fact that the sugar content is not something I have to worry about. Definity will purchase this again. I used the bars for my pre-work out energy sources and it definitely has not failed on both taste and how it keeps you sustained on energy.

July 24, 2017

Dense Lemon Poppyseed Pound Cake- Delicious

PowerPlus ProteinPlus Reduced Sugar Bars are one of my favourite protein bars (both Lemon Poppyseed and Creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter), and I've tried most brands on the market. I will most definitely be buying both again! They can be found at many stores, such as Metro, Shoppers, and Rexall for approximately $3.

The Lemon Poppyseed is sweet and creamy. It reminds me of a dense lemon poppyseed pound cake; it tastes like a dessert. The taste of the lemon is refreshing. The texture is dense, soft, and chewy. I did NOT find it had a gritty texture nor did I feel there was a prominent protein powder taste, both of which can be common in protein bars I've tried.

July 22, 2017

This is a nice alternative to my usual protein bar.

I got to try this for free, I complete forgot to review as I was facing lots of problems in most aspects of my life, checking email was pushed to the bottom of priority list.

My favourite flavour of the two I tried was this one, it has a nice citrusy tone to it, at the same time I thought it won't be sweet at all, but there is a nice balance of sweetness, without other powering all other tastes, I had the pleasure of finding that in my busy on the go lifestyle, I had a bar when I missed lunch, it was a better pick me up than any other kind of bars and I did not even need coffee, I felt energised and ready to take on the rest of the day.

July 21, 2017

Great protein bar option!

Thanks to ChickAdvisor ... I #gotitfree

It had a surprisingly sweet and light lemon taste, without the typical chalky consistency. I also enjoyed the tiny poppy seeds bursting my mouth - reminded me of eating a slice of lemon poppy seed loaf actually.

It is a larger bar so made sure I had water by my side as I did find it a bit dry when eating the whole thing.
    It's gluten-free, only 3 grams of sugar and 5 grams of fibre, plus 20 grams of protein - which makes this bar a great choice! Perfect after a grueling exercise session, as a snack or light meal replacement. The packaging is kinda cute too!

Although I would not buy this protein bar for myself, simply because I don't like the lemon and poppy seed combination, I'd absolutely recommend it to anyone who does.

July 20, 2017

Unique taste

I was surprised by the unusual taste, a bit sour, a bit sweet. I was worrying actually if I will like that. But it tastes really good. But there is more - it is less sugar, low carb. What can be better for person eating keto. I will definitely buy these bars.

July 19, 2017

These got me through the morning!!

These bars were so good. The sugar content was perfect for me, i dont like it being too sweet. The lemon poppy seed was so lemony. And the texture of these were great too. I love these..