3.9/5
PowerBar ProteinPlus Reduced Sugar Lemon Poppy Seed Reviews

New ProteinPlus Reduced Sugar bars deliver great tasting low-sugar energy so you’re revived and ready for the post-work spin class or soccer game. These great tasting bars contain 20 grams of high quality protein, 3 grams of sugar or less, and are gluten-free.

Please note: Contains soy, milk, and almonds.

You might also like: PowerBar ProteinPlus Reduced Sugar in Creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter

September 11, 2017

Perfect for on the go

#PowerBarReducedSugar

I got this free to review from @ChickAdvisor.
    I didn't really like the flavour - found it dull
    Great nutritional value to it
    Perfect for on the go

September 01, 2017

Lemon fanatic!

I love anything lemon. I've been dieting and haven't been able to indulge in the usual lemon loaves that I like to have! This is a great substitution. Satisfies that sweet craving but you don't have the guilt.

August 22, 2017

Such a great bar

I love the lemon poppyseed powerbar. It's chalked full of all the nutrients you need and tastes absolutely amazing. My new favorite go to snack or when I'm on a run!

August 03, 2017

I enjoyed these protein Power bars & Would buy these again!

I would buy this product in the future. Although this lemon poppy seed was my second favorite flavor.
    If there are more flavors/varieties (other than the lemon poppyseed) I would probably be more interested in buying them and recommending these awesome handy/on the go, snacks that are quite healthy, very yummy & nutritional! I hope they create new flavors of this product so i can try more :)

August 03, 2017

Different Type of Bar!

I not really sure how to rate this PowerBAr. I love everything lemon and am a huge fan of poppyseeds but didn't find this bar to taste like either of them, it tasted to me, quite bland. With the reduced sugar i was shocked to find that to me, it tasted pretty sweet. My boyfriend tried it as well and said that he "didn't mind them". If I were to buy them in the future it would definitely only be if they were on sale and as a treat for my boyfriend!

July 29, 2017

Awesome flavour!

Loved it. Basically took one bite and ate the whole thing in a few minutes. Literally tastes like my mom's lemon loaf and I love that it's both gluten free and low sugar. I like PowerBar to start with so I'd definitely buy these over the other bars now.

I filmed a Trial/TryOn video of it...See link below.

0.5/5

July 29, 2017

Never ever again

I did not enjoy this product. To me it tasted like chalk. I'm glad I didnt pay for it. I hope it wouldn't have tasted better because I love lemon poppy seed everything.

July 25, 2017

Tasty and keeps you full

I love the taste of this protein bar and the fact that the sugar content is not something I have to worry about. Definity will purchase this again. I used the bars for my pre-work out energy sources and it definitely has not failed on both taste and how it keeps you sustained on energy.

July 24, 2017

Dense Lemon Poppyseed Pound Cake- Delicious

PowerPlus ProteinPlus Reduced Sugar Bars are one of my favourite protein bars (both Lemon Poppyseed and Creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter), and I've tried most brands on the market. I will most definitely be buying both again! They can be found at many stores, such as Metro, Shoppers, and Rexall for approximately $3.

The Lemon Poppyseed is sweet and creamy. It reminds me of a dense lemon poppyseed pound cake; it tastes like a dessert. The taste of the lemon is refreshing. The texture is dense, soft, and chewy. I did NOT find it had a gritty texture nor did I feel there was a prominent protein powder taste, both of which can be common in protein bars I've tried.

July 22, 2017

This is a nice alternative to my usual protein bar.

I got to try this for free, I complete forgot to review as I was facing lots of problems in most aspects of my life, checking email was pushed to the bottom of priority list.

My favourite flavour of the two I tried was this one, it has a nice citrusy tone to it, at the same time I thought it won't be sweet at all, but there is a nice balance of sweetness, without other powering all other tastes, I had the pleasure of finding that in my busy on the go lifestyle, I had a bar when I missed lunch, it was a better pick me up than any other kind of bars and I did not even need coffee, I felt energised and ready to take on the rest of the day.