PowerBar Plant Protein Cashew, Salted Caramel and Dark Chocolate Reviews

Suggested retail price - $16.99 for 14-count Variety Pack (at Costco)

You might also like PowerBar Plant Protein Almond, Sea Salt and Dark Chocolate

July 15, 2019

loving the plant-based protein!

Disclaimer: I received this product for free as part of the ChickAdvisor Product Review Club in exchange for my honest review.

I got a chance to try the Cashew, Salted Caramel, Dark Chocolate Powerbar for free thanks to ChickAdvisor, and I thought it was decent. High protein. relatively healthy ingredients and easy to grab and go make this a convenient thing to keep in my bag. I love that it's got protein from plant-based ingredients and nuts, and no artificial flavours, colours, or sweeteners. However, I didn't like the caramel- it would have been nice to have a dried fruit instead. With this one too, I did find the sugar to be higher than I like, so I only ate half at a time. The flavour combination tastes great with a hot, unsweetened coffee. I really liked the fact that this did not have the chalky texture other protein heavy bars have. Unfortunately, this is too expensive to make it a staple purchase.

July 23, 2018

PowerBar Plant Protein Cashew Salted Caramel & DarkChocolate

The PowerBar Plant Protein Cashew, Salted Caramel and Dark Chocolate Bars are made with crispy rice like pieces, cashew pieces and have a thin layer of chocolate on the bottom and chocolate drizzled on the top. I usually love the flavour of salted caramel but I found the flavour of these bars to be too sweet.

These bars are great to grab on the go and I like that they contain 10g of protein but as they are so sweet it feels like you are grabbing a chocolate flavoured granola bar. I think that these bars would be perfect for anyone that likes a sweet flavors and doesn't like the bland taste of some protein bars.

I got to try three different flavours of these bars - check out my review of the Almond, Sea Salt and Dark Chocolate Bars and the Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars.

July 21, 2018

Sweet sweet stuff

I find that this flavor is a little too sweet for a protein bar. I love chocolate and caramel snd they are the perfect combo. But this variant id just too sweet for me.

3.2/5

July 19, 2018

It was good

This bar had a good taste however nothing really stood out. It was mostly average on taste and effect. I'm not sure I hold but this one as there are so many bars out there.

July 17, 2018

Better than a granola bar

I really enjoyed trying these new plant based protein bars. I have been not having sugar for 7 months now so I found them to be quite sweet. I liked that they were healthier than granola bars. I thought the cashew flavour was good.

July 17, 2018

Tasty with a bit of salt

This is a delicious bar, with a nice crunchy texture and it is filling. I enjoy the sweet and salty taste and cashews are one of my favourite nuts. I would buy these again!

Yummy

Wow lucky to try this flavour as well! I love Cashews so basically you had me at that but the salted caramel wow. I love salty anything but combine it with something sweet, I would add this as well to my house/car. Cashews are a nice luxury treat and this makes me feel like I am eating something luxury!!

Cashews Yes

Well I think this bar is my favorite since not into peanut butter,cashews yes for I like eating them on anything.All the 3 bars are great but not into peanut butter in a bar.So this 1 I chose over other 2.

taste is ok.

I was expecting with cashews & pumpkin seeds they would be like a KIND bar which I love.
    I read the ingredients, saw pea protein & was confused.
    When did pea protein become a thing?
    Seems to be in every "plant based protein".

July 16, 2018

Good late night snack

Tried this as a diabetic and it was a good late night snack between dinner and bed. was my favourite of the group. No aftertaste and enjoyed the cashew and dark choclate.