PowerBar Plant Protein Cashew, Salted Caramel and Dark Chocolate Reviews

Suggested retail price - $16.99 for 14-count Variety Pack (at Costco)

You might also like PowerBar Plant Protein Almond, Sea Salt and Dark Chocolate

Healthy power bar

Healthy, nutritious and good tasting snack all rolled into one. I am so impressed with the nutritional value without sacrificing the taste. This flavour though is just a little chewy so you might want to bite it into small pieces

Perfect blend of Sweet & Savory

I REALLY liked the Cashew, Salted Caramel and Dark Chocolate PowerBar. I'm really glad I #gotitfree to try because had I seen "Plant Protein" in the store, I probably would have thought it tasted like dirt. Which is quite the opposite. It's got the perfect blend of Sweet and Salty, it's just crunchy enough that it's satisfying, and it doesn't leave that gross protein taste in your mouth that a lot of other bars do. I will definitely be buying these soon :)

2.7/5

It's Sweet

Caramel, cashews and dark chocolate....this sounds like a dream treat. Sadly though, this plant-based protein, vegan, no artificial sweeteners, no gluten or soy ingredients bar just didn't make the cut. I like the cashews and dark chocolate, and the crunch and texture was nice but (for me) the caramel turns this 230 calorie, 10 grams of sugar snack bar into something that's way too sweet. There was also an aftertaste that I wasn't crazy about. I have to give this one a pass.

I received a full-sized sample in exchange for an honest review

#PowerBarPlantProtein #ChickAdvisor #gotitfree

A new family favourite!

It was extremely delicious, sweet and satisfying. Out of the three flavours I tried the cashew, salted caramel and chocolate was my favourite. It felt like I was eating a chocolate bar but I knew it was healthy for me. It kept me satiated for a couple hours. Compared to my regular brand of protein bars I felt this was more flavourful and had better texture.
    I received this product free from ChickAdvisor for review purposes.

1.7/5

Not impressed

I was so happy to be chosen to review these, but I’m very happy that I did not actually spend money on them. The idea and branding of plant protein may look like you’re eating something healthy, but instead all of it is actually junk. The taste was okay, but knowing that these ingredients were getting ingested was not.

3.2/5

On the Sweet side

I tried this after a workout since it has 10g of protein. I found this pretty sweet and nutty. It says there are no artificial sweeteners but there is a sweet taste to it. It was also pretty salty with the salted caramel in there making me want to drink a lot of water after. I could not really taste much of the chocolate in it which I enjoy so I don't think I would buy this one again but others may really enjoy it.

Yummy!

I got to try the bars through chickadvisor and love them! I eat protein bars pretty regularly so I was very excited to try these! This flavor was probably the sweetest out of the 3 I tried but I love caramel so it tasted like dessert! I'm definitely buying these soon!

2.7/5

June 22, 2018

Cashew, Salted Caramel taste good but that's about it.

At the first when I tried the Power Bar Plant Protein, Cashew, Salted Caramel I actually made a mmmmmmmm noise. But, I couldn't eat more than half a bar because of how sickly sweet the bars are. I also am concerned about the bioavailability of nutrients in such a sweet processed bar. #IGOTIT FREE #TRYNATURALS

June 22, 2018

Sweet and salty, just the right mixture

I received this protein bar free in a box from Chick Advisor to test out. I've tried a few protein bars from different health food stores, Costco, grocery stores and variety stores. I didn't find that the "protein" taste took over, which was great! It was a like I was eating a granola bar.. with better ingredients! I enjoyed the size of the bar too... I felt full after, where if I eat a granola bar, I feel like I want to eat another one.

Too sweet for me :(

When I first took a bit of this bar I thought wow tastes like a chocolate bar - so sweet. The second bit I felt the same - the sweetness is overpowering. Then I get the bitterness of the plant protein. I did not find any cashew flavour. I also thought the texture was good - chewy and soft but its lacking a nice crunch. The chocolate drizzle looks elegant but doenst make up for the sweetness of this "health bar". I wouldnt purchase based on that.